Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



The trip to Kingstonian saw Chris Boothe saw another keeper, Kevin Davies, make their debut, and the return of Roni Joe from injury, replacing another casualty, Alvin Bubb. Dean Canoville also returned from injury, replacing Ryan Wiffin up front.

The Ducks seemed determined not to concede an early goal, by shooting at Kingstonian's goal instead. A very early run and shot by Adam Campion saw him fire an effort over, before Roni Joe tried a speculative effort, which also went over.

After ten minutes Dean Canoville was played in by Campion, and his left-footed shot was well blocked by the on-rushing Lance Key. Another ten minutes on, and Campion stole onto a loose ball, and his snap-shot went just over the bar.

There was no question who the better team were in the opening half an hour. However, the Ducks haven't scored in the opening 35 minutes of a match yet, and they couldn't do so tonight. A Danny Mead free-kick was just wide of the mark after twenty-five minutes.

The home side did manage a chance of their own, as Mx Hustwick headed well over the bar from a free-kick. This was about as good as things got for the Ks in the first half.

Roni Joe called Key into action with five minutes of the half remaining, and Campion was involved again. The latter ran and crossed the ball, which was cleared and dropped to Roni Joe. Roni cut inside and drilled in a low, left-footed effort which was heading for the bottom corner, only to be superbly tipped wide by Key.

There was still time for the Ducks to threaten twice more - Greg Williams hit a trademark fierce drive, just wide, and Canoville smashed a shot wide after a neat one-two with Chris Bangura.

Half-time: Kingstonian 0-0 Aylesbury

The Ducks started the second half as they had ended the first - hard working, but lacking a final killer ball. A goalmouth scramble saw two shots blocked, before Canoville somehow placed the ball wide. Some good work going forward saw Rory Hunter get a header in at goal, which was held by Key.

Seven minutes into the second half, and Campion was lucky to stay on the pitch for a poor challenge, right in front of the dugouts. This seemed to fire up the home side, and they finally started creating some chances.

Kevin Davies made an excellent stop from a point-blank header to mark the first of Ks chances. Campion himself then had a chance, but volleyed wide when free at the far-post, after Roni Joe had picked him out with a cross.

The game had suddenly taken off, and chances for both sides were coming thick and fast, although it was Kingstonian having the better of things. Craig Lewington fired an effort over for Ks, before Greg Williams had a shot blocked in the area for the Ducks.

Chris Bangura then latched on to one of Davies' excellent long-kicks, took the ball down and tried an ambitious right-footed shot on the turn, which never really threatened the goal. Two minutes later a great counter-attack saw Roni Joe break free, and he played the ball to Warren Williams, whose lack of reaction saw the ball slid away, and just wide of the goal, by a Ks defender.

Kingstonian came close when a deflected shot by Lewington hit the bar. Then Dean Coppard sliced a clearance, which fell just over the bar. The home side really were throwing everything at the Ducks, and normally the defence would have crumbled. Tonight though, we looked stronger at the back, and managed to see off Kingstonian time and time again.

Aylesbury did get the ball in the net, after a goalmouth scramble, but the effort was disallowed for offside. Of course, the ball was straight up the other end again, and Kingstonian found themselves with two players clean through. Kevin Davies did excellently to rush out and deny the opportunity.

A late penalty appeal for Kingstonian fell on deaf ears, after Davies collided with Stafford Browne in mid-air, although it would have been a harsh award.

In the last minute Aylesbury had an excellent chance, after Warren Williams broke down the left, and provided Chris Bangura with an excellent cross, which the Sierra Leone striker somehow headed wide. Kevin Davies ended his night by making a fantastic double save to keep the final score at 0-0.