Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



With the Ducks still reeling from Tuesday night's thrashing by Sutton, the visit of Harrow was a chance to put things right. Paul Curtis made two changes to the side, with Greg Williams finally returning to action, and debutant Alex Giscombe taking up a slot in midfield.

Aylesbury started the game in style, and could have scored within five minutes. Paul Edgeworth was played through, and had only Malian keeper Keita Karamoko to beat. His initial low shot was saved by the legs, but the ball rebounded up. Edgeworth's follow-up header was guided just wide of the post.

Two minutes later Kevin McKenna rattled the crossbar for Harrow with an excellently executed overhead kick. At the other end a corner was only half-cleared, and Greg Williams hit an effort which was deflected wide.

Byron Bubb went close with a shot having fed onto Edgeworth's flick on, although he never really had the ball under total control and the shot flashed wide.

Jamie Moss hit a first-time effort, which went whistled past the top corner, after the space had been created by a dummy from Jay Gould. Karamoko then flapped at a corner, and debutant Discompe volleyed over the bar.

Harrow came into the game more after the half-hour mark, as Aylesbury visibly grew dispirited at the fruitlessness of their attacks. McKenna hit an early effort, which had power, but was straight at Kevin Davies.

The visitors hit the woodwork again, through Ross Fitzsimon this time. The number 7 broke into the box, from the right-flank, and fired a shot across goal, which smacked against the post. Fortunately for Aylesbury Fitzsimon chose to ignore the run of Steve Dogbe who was screaming for the square ball.

Half-time: Aylesbury 0-0 Harrow

Harrow changed their approach in the second half, as they brought on Fabio Valenti and switched to a 4-3-3 to match Aylesbury's style.

It paid dividends as the away side had the better of the second period, creating a number of chances. As early as the ninth minute Harrow should have taken the lead. Richard Goddard beat the offside trap to put himself one-on-one with Davies, but saw his effort snuffed out, and eventually scrambled away under much pressure.

Another spectacular aerial volley from Harrow produced the best save of the game - as Velenti sweetly connected with a corner kick, and with the ball heading for the top corner, Davies made a superb stop. Goddard then headed the resultant corner over.

Alvin Bubb had an attempt for Aylesbury, as he shot on the turn. Unfortunately, he could only really help the ball on and the result was a weak effort.

Discompe then had another shot at goal. A free-kick was played short to Williams, who drilled in a low effort which found its way to Discompe, who's shot was deflected wide.

Harrow then threatened again, as McKenna got forward to head a cross just wide, with Davies flailing. Goddard failed to hit the target once more, heading over from a corner.

With twelve minutes remaining, Lewis Pritchard replaced Alvin Bubb to try and provide a spark up front. Sadly, Aylesbury were now well under the cosh, and struggled to get out of their own half.

Abdulai Yoki waltzed his way through the box, but saw his powerful effort stopped at the near post by Davies. Davies was called into action again shortly afterwards, as he rushed from his goal to deny Velenti when clean through.

Harrow got the goal they had threatened for much of the second half, with eight minutes remaining. Clement Lopez came forward from left-back, and hit a speculative effort from outside the area, which bobbled through a crowd of players and past the unsighted Davies. 1-0 Harrow

Even after the goal, Aylesbury struggled, and couldn't create another chance in the game. In fact, it Harrow could have increased their lead in the closing stages. Davies made a good save to deny Dean Marney a headed goal from a corner.