Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



It was honours even in this relegation dogfight at Buckingham Road, as Aylesbury's long winless run continued. The match was an entertaining one though, between two evenly matched sides.

Two debutants combined in the fifth minute to give the home side a perfect start. Mark Bridge was fouled by goalkeeper Dave Adey, and Dean Harding curled in a free-kick which was nodded home by Richard Burton. 1-0 Aylesbury

Steven Duncan shot straight at Sam Styles moments later, before Robert Taylor forced the young goalkeeper into a good save five minutes on.

Evesham's presence was growing, and they equalised ten minutes after going behind. The ball was given away poorly by Aylesbury, and worked to Richard Ball who calmly slotted past Styles. 1-1

Burton, who had a fine game, did well to jink past two men, but his shot didn't trouble Adey at the other end. Styles was proving to be a hero, and this time spectacurlarly saved Gavin O'Toole's free-kick. Evesham had another good chance when Duncan powered a header wide of the post from a corner, when he should at least have hit the target.

Sam Styles brilliantly saved a Richard Ball penalty after 21 minutes, after Matt Hayward had been penalised for handball, but Evesham couldn't be kept at bay for long, as Ball netted his second after turning Kilmartin and firing home through a crowd of players. 2-1 Evesham

Two minutes before half-time Aylesbury's sprits were renewed when Burton strode forwards and fired a shot at goal which was deflected wide. The Ducks snatched an equaliser from the resulting corner, Harding with his second assist of the game. The ball was cleared as far as the midfielder, and he curled a delightful cross which was headed in off the bar by Kyle Kilmartin. 2-2

Half-time: Aylesbury 2-2 Evesham

Dean Powles replaced Jamie O'Grady at right-back for the second half, a half which was less dramatic as two evenly matched teams contested for a goal which would have been the decider.

Harding was an inspiration, and he linked up well with Aston Goss after the break, but the latter's shot was deflected wide for a corner. Harding then had a free-kick held by Adey.

Evesham's first shot of the second period came after 71 minutes when Ball, going for his hat-trick, flashed a shot across goal after a free-kick fell at his feet.

A Powles effort from the edge of the area flew wide, as the minutes ticked down. Ball selfishly blasted wide at the other end, and O'Toole mis-hit a free-kick badly over the bar.

With five minutes remaining more quality play from Harding saw him beat his man on the left, before picking out Butler in the area. Unfortunately the former Aylesbury Vale player couldn't get his steer his shot on target and his side to three points.

Evesham had the ball in the net twice before the end, but both efforts were ruled out for offside, and the sides had to settle for a draw.