Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



After three wins on the bounce Aylesbury's run was brought to a shuddering halt by Leverstock Green who inflicted a 3-0 defeat on the Ducks.

Two goals conceded in the last ten minutes was a desperately disappointing end to a match which had started so positively for the Ducks as they forced two good early chances.

In the second minute a lofted ball forward was met by a guided volley by Paul Edgeworth which was well turned around the post by keeper Gareth Tinsley, and from the resulting corner Coulter somehow spooned the ball onto the bar from a couple of yards out as it dropped to him.

Two minutes later an improvised flicked effort from Edgeworth which flashed wide after Baines had set him up.

Unfortunately Aylesbury weren't able to keep up their opening momentum, and the remainder of the half was an even affair.

Sillitoe was called into his first action in the eighth minute when, after Jon Davies was taken down on the edge of the box, Charlie Gorman curled a free-kick goalwards which Sillitoe dived to comfortably save.

Five minutes later the instrumental Gorman burst from midfield and played in Louis Austin but his shot was blocked and cannoned up into the air before Gorman followed up but could only air kick the ball.

The boggy pitch was making flowing football near impossible for both sides, but the game continued in tit for tat vein with both sides fashioning chances.

Justin Gordon's high cross was flicked wide by Baines under pressure, then at the other end Sillitoe spilt Gorman's curling ball in before Gordon hacked it behind.

Ten minutes before the break Coulter was fouled by Steve Hatch and Garcia's inswinging free-kick had to be headed off the line by a defender.

On the stroke of half-time the home side squandered a golden opportunity as Ben Butler ran clean through but produced an awful finish wide of the post, although he had been flagged offside anyway.

Half-time: Leverstock Green 0-0 Aylesbury

Aylesbury's second half was subdued to say the least, as they generally found themselves well marshalled by a controlling Leverstock Green performance.

There was another promising start to the half though as first Garcia fired a low shot wide, and then the same man's flighted ball into the box was headed across goal and wide by a defender with Townsend lurking.

On the hour mark Baines adjusted quickly to meet Gordon's dropping long through but the ball fell wide of the target.

That was about as good as things got for United, as their hosts threw on another attacker in the shape of ex-Duck Lewis Pritchard as they went for broke.

It paid dividends and within three minutes they had the lead. Gordon conceded a free-kick on the Leverstock right, and as the ball was delivered it was flicked on to the near post where it stuck in the mud and Gorman was on hand to slam it into the net from close range. 1-0 Leverstock Green

Aylesbury suffered a further blow when Jack Wood was struck in the head at point blank range by a venomous shot from Davies and had to eventually be replaced by debutant Hateley Mercer.

It was a contributory factor in the unravelling of the Ducks' defence and Green sealed their win seven minutes from time. A quick breakaway down the right ended with Pritchard unselfishly squaring the ball for Austin who was left with an easy finish. 2-0 Leverstock Green

United responded with a double substitution, but the changes came too late to rejuvenate a flagging Aylesbury.

In stoppage time Leverstock Green added some gloss to the scoreline with a third, Pritchard involved again as he retrieved a long cross at the far post before hanging it up for the completely unattended Austin to nod in for close range. 3-0 Leverstock Green

The game was brought to an end by Coulter dragging a shot wide for Aylesbury, and the Ducks will be looking for a much improved performance when Kentish Town visit Bell Close.