Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



Aylesbury picked up their first league points of November by grinding out a 2-1 win at reigning Combined Counties League champions Egham Town.

Leading scorer Stacey Field was back in the side after suspension, but it was his fellow striker Jason Blackett who secured the points by coming off the bench to score his eighth goal of the season.

Whilst Field’s return was a boost, the Ducks injury toll swelled to seven with Bill Morgan’s name (broken nose) added to the list, meaning Keith Williams was pressed into emergency action alongside Jack Wood at the centre of defence.

A slow start to the game saw Egham have the first shot on goal with fifteen minutes played when Joe Chandiram went on a run before crashing a shot high and wide, whilst Adam Bernard saw an effort charged down.

United were gifted the lead in the 19th minute. Liam Smyth directed a great pass forward but there seemed no danger as Jim Ward rose to meet it, but his attempted back header was weak and seized upon by Dom Petrucci who calmly beat Gary Ross. 1-0 Aylesbury

Looking to hit back straight away, Egham forced a free-kick, 25-yards from goal, which Chandiram fired in low only for Alex Tokarczyk to make a good diving save and tip the ball away.

The teams huffed and puffed as the match became a compelling and competitive battle, but clear cut chances were sparse.

Bernard went close with an excellent flicked header from a left wing cross that flew across goal, and then at the other end Paul Edgeworth sprayed the ball forward for Field to run on but his shot was saved by the keeper’s legs.

After audacious long shots from Edgeworth and Field came to nothing, Ben Baines headed wide from Liam Smyth’s corner as United were unable to increase the scoring before half time.

The Sarnies might have done better as they caught the Ducks out with a swift counter attack, ending with Bernard slipping the ball into the path of strike partner Reis Stanislaus who fired wide, and Aylesbury’s slim lead was maintained at the interval.

Half-time: Egham 0-1 Aylesbury

Aylesbury made a disappointingly slow start to the second half and were largely second best without Tokarczyk being tested in the early stages.

Yet another injury lead to the withdrawal of Petrucci with Blackett – looking barely fit himself with his left knee heavily strapped – taking to the field as his replacement.

Even so, he went close two minutes after taking the field having battled his way to the edge of the area before striking a left footed shot that nicked just wide.

A Town free kick was met by a deep header by Stanislaus that had to be helped over by Tokarczyk and the resulting corner was confidently punched clear by the busier of the two keepers.

A succession of Aylesbury corners came to nothing, but it was Egham who were looking the more likely scorers and the tricky Stanislaus teed up Luke Muldowney who shot straight at Tokarczyk, before the former found the net himself three minutes later.

The ball was slotted through for the former Chalfont St. Peter man he took two touches before finding the net with an accurate low shot across goal that went in off the far post. 1-1

Whilst a blow to United, the equalising goal was deserved at that stage, but it had the desired effect of spurring the slumbering Ducks into action, and parity lasted barely five minutes.

After Jack Wood’s header from Smyth’s free kick was blocked, the ball was worked out wide to Richard Armstrong who produced a perfect cross for Blackett to head home on the far post. 2-1 Aylesbury

Substitute Zack Reynolds, introduced in place of Paul Edgeworth in between the goals, then went close to a third when his slalom run and powerful shot was well saved by Ross.

Egham went closer still when their top scorer Ryan O’Toole – starting from the bench – stepped up and curled a 30-yard free kick against the post, the rebound falling kindly to a striker who fired wide.

Despite plenty of late possession and pressure, and five minutes of stoppage time, that was as close as the hosts were to come to threatening Aylesbury’s lead.

Instead, it was the lively Reynolds who went close again when he intercepted the ball, ran in from the left and drove in an effort that was turned behind by another good Ross stop.

The additional minutes came to an end, and the three points were heading to Buckinghamshire as Aylesbury won this battle of the newly promoted sides.

Minute by Minute Updates
  • FT Egham 1-2 Aylesbury - Important 3 points for the Ducks - had to grind out a result
  • 90+4 Egham corner. Comes to nothing
  • 89 Aylesbury corner. Delivered by Jones. Taken short for timewasting
  • 88 Reynolds intercepted the ball, ran on and fired in a shot which was tipped behind
  • 84 Read on for Chandiram
  • 83 Egham free kick 30-yards out. O'Toole's curler hit the post. Follow up sent well wide
  • 82 Reynolds with a slalom, well struck shot held by the keeper
  • 79 Andrew booked for late challenge on Reynolds
  • 76 2-1 Aylesbury. Blackett heads home Armstrong's cross
  • 76 Blackett booked in the aftermath
  • 74 Aylesbury free kick. Smyth delivers. Wood header blocked
  • 72 Reynolds on for Edgeworth
  • 71 1-1 - GOAL! Ball slotted through to Stanislaus, ball placed into bottom corner
  • 68 Stanislaus tees up Muldowney. Shot straight at Tokarczyk
  • 67 Aylesbury corner. Swung in by Smyth. Well defended by Egham. Field wins another corner
  • 67 Aylesbury corner. Delivered by Jones. Caught by the keeper
  • 66 Aylesbury free kick. Inswinging by Jones. Armstrong heads wide at the far post. Corner
  • 65 Egham corner. Punched clear by Tokarczyk
  • 64 Jones late challenge, booked
  • 64 Free kick met with deep header by Stanislaus, had to be touched over by Tokarczyk. Corner...
  • 61 Anthony is back on
  • 60 Anthony caught late by Blackett
  • 57 Aylesbury corner. Swung in by Jones. Finds no-one
  • 56 Blackett into box, left foot shot just wide. Takes a nick, corner
  • 55 O'Toole on for Chandler-Joseph
  • 54 Blackett playing with heavy strapping on his knee
  • 52 Blackett on for the injured Petruccii
  • 51 Smyth booked for tackle on Moody
  • 50 Egham corner. Overhit and goes out
  • 50 Petrucci receives treatment for a knock
  • 48 Ward booked for late challenge
  • No changes at the break... Second half is underway
  • HT Egham 0-1 Aylesbury - Good first half from Aylesbury, more work to do yet though
  • 45+2 Bernard slipped ball in to Stanislaus who fired wide, swift counter from Egham caught United out after free kick
  • 42 Aylesbury corner. Delivered by Smyth. Headed wide by Baines
  • 39 Field audacious attempt from 40-yards after another misplaced defensive header
  • 38 Edgeworth hopeful long shot misshit and well wide
  • 36 Fine ball forward by Edgeworth, Field running between defenders gets shot away saved by keepers legs
  • 35 Left wing cross met with great flicked header from Bernard goes wide across goal
  • 34 Aylesbury corner. Cleared away
  • 30 Chandler-Joseph booked for strong tackle on Smyth
  • 26 Free kick headed on by a defender, Petrucci header plucked out of the air
  • 25 Armstrong back on
  • 23 Armstrong down injured
  • 20 Free kick to Egham, 25-yards out. Chandiram low shot tipped away by Tokarczyk
  • 18 GOAL! 1-0 Aylesbury. Poor back header seized on by Petrucci who finishes calmly
  • 18 Bernard dribble, shot charged down
  • 15 Chandiram goes on a run, crashes shot high and wide
  • 13 Egham free kick. Training ground low routine cleared away by Ducks
  • 11 Grace is back on
  • 10 Lee Grace pulls up injured
  • Pre-Match Bill Morgan is the latest injury victim, replaced in the heart of defence by Keith Williams
    Lee Grace replaces Zack Reynolds at full back, whilst Stacey Field is back up front
  • Pre-Match We're underway...