Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Kings Langley

1 0

Aylesbury United

  Half-time: (1-0)  

Notice: Undefined variable: linkpage in /var/www/vhosts/aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/httpdocs/match.php on line 2252
Anthony LADYMANPlayer Image13
Danny HUTCHINSPlayer Image2
Callum ADEBIYIPlayer Image3
Jack STEVENSPlayer Image4
Stuart DEATONPlayer Image5
12 54m David FEMIOLAPlayer Image6
(c) Gary CONNOLLYPlayer Image7
Steve WARDPlayer Image8
Mitchell WEISSPlayer Image9
15 70m Tom CARTERPlayer Image10
16 54m Connor TOOMEYPlayer Image11
6 54m Alex CAMPANAPlayer Image12
Alan MUSOKEPlayer Image14
10 70m David MANUPlayer Image15
11 54m Dean HITCHCOCKPlayer Image16
  Ritchie HANLONManager ImageM
 Paul HUGHESManager ImageM2
1Player ImageAlex TOKARCZYK
2Player ImageShane WOOD
3Player ImageJake BEWLEY
4Player ImageJack WOOD (c)
5Player ImageGreg WILLIAMS
6Player ImageBilly ADCOCK12 61m 
7Player ImageJordon FREDERICK15 85m 
8Player ImageShaun OWENS
9Player ImageTaylor COLLINS
10Player ImageStacey FIELD
11Player ImageLee GRACE
12Player ImageSonny FRENCH6 61m 6
14Player ImageDan GREEN
15Player ImageAsh FARMER7 85m 
16Player ImageLewis OSBORNE
17Player ImagePaul EDGEWORTH
MManager ImageGlyn CREASER
Match Report



Aylesbury’s quest for a long overdue league win continued as they were edged out in the narrowest fashion on their first ever visit to Kings Langley.

On balance of chances created, the hosts should have won comfortably, but a committed performance from United that saw them still in the game right up to the final whistle made them worthy of a point.

Glyn Creaser’s second selection as interim manager saw him ring the changes with six in total and a change of formation to a wingback system. Shaun Owens returned after six weeks out and Shane Wood was also back from injury, whilst Alex Tokarczyk, Billy Adcock, Taylor Collins and Stacey Field were all restored to the starting lineup.

After a start to the game which saw the only meaningful early action yellow cards for Adcock and Frederick, Aylesbury fashioned a great chance after 17 minutes. Quick combination work by Collins and Stacey Field sent the ball through to Owens who, with only Anthony Ladyman to beat, saw his shot well saved.

Three minutes later and Kings had a similarly clear opening when the ball was moved quickly inside to Tom Carter who failed to hit the target from 15-yards, and another followed with Gary Connolly the guilty party this time with a terrible finish.

The hosts were growing into the game strongly and United’s unfamiliar central defensive unit of Shane Wood, Williams and Bewley (Jack Wood playing as the right wing-back) were becoming increasingly busy, but defending resolutely.

Having been restricted to a couple of hopeful long shots from Steve Ward and Jack Stevens, it was Connolly who went closer when the ball in saw a smart turn and instant shot that was deflected wide.

Just as it looked like the Ducks were going to reach the interval with their clean sheet intact, a dramatic sequence of play had them undone. The home side were furious when Adcock’s apparent bundle over of a home player in the box went unpunished, but as the ball was returned to the box United’s defenders overcomplicated and Connolly was on hand to steer home a well taken goal. 1-0 Kings Langley

Half-time: Kings Langley 1-0 Aylesbury

It was a blow to the spirited Ducks’ first half performance, but they looked to hit back quickly and when Taylor Collins received a quick throw in he opted to go for goal with an early shot which was well wide.

Kings were also quick to threaten when Carter managed to ride Shane Wood’s last ditch challenge, but he could only find the side netting with another off-target attempt. The striker’s wait for his first goal of the season went on when he was found in acres of space two minutes later but another weak finish trickled harmlessly wide.

The home management team were quick to react as they looked to address their side’s profligacy in front of goal with the introduction of Alex Campana – with 64 goals to his name in the previous two seasons – as part of a double substitution, and he was instantly involved, only denied by Tokarczyk who was off his line quickly to beat him to a through ball.

His fellow substitute Dean Hitchcock was also in the thick of the action straight away, as he made a heroic block on the line to deny Field after he had beaten Ladyman to Collins’s through ball before stabbing the ball goalwards.

The resulting corner came to nothing for Aylesbury, but lead to a Kings Langley counter attack which subsequently saw a four-against-one situation unfold and Tokarczyk making a save to turn Campana’s effort wide.

The game was wide open now and as United pushed forwards Collins’s clipped pass for strike partner Field saw him guide a looping header just over the bar, whilst Collins himself then curled a direct free kick attempt just beyond the far post.

Captain Jack Wood went close when a long cross from the left was met by a stylish volley which took a nick on the way over goal, and he might have done better when afforded a free header at the resulting flag kick that he put wide.

With just over ten minutes remaining, Aylesbury had their own strong shouts for a penalty waved away when Collins appeared to be clipped in the box in almost exactly the same post as Adcock’s first half ‘foul’.

For all the Ducks efforts, it was the home side who did have the ball in the net again when Campana’s free kick went straight in without a touch, only for the linesman to raise his flag and, after much consultation by the referee, the goal was chalked off. Moments earlier Stuart Deaton nodded over from another free kick.

It continued to be Kings who had the better chances with Connolly slotting a cut back wide, Mitchell Weiss finding himself clean through but selfishly shooting wide with teammates queuing up for a tap in, whilst Campana drew another save from Tokarczyk having also gone clean through – the referee playing good advantages on both latter occasions.

Aylesbury kept battling and forced a trio of corners in succession at the death, from which Tokarczyk was advanced to add his frame to the attacking threat, but there was to be no way past a gritty Kings Langley defence.

Instead, substitute Manu – who scored a brilliant goal against the Ducks for North Greenford in April 2014 - ended the game the way in the manner much of it had been previously – wasting a good chance, but at least hitting the target this time as Tokarczyk made the save.

As full time sounded soon afterwards, the single goal proved enough for the home side who weren’t made to pay for their wastefulness.

Once again plenty of endeavour and a committed performance from the Ducks, but a lack of quality in the final third cost them the chance of some important league points.