Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



Having gained their first win under new manager Glyn Creaser at North Greenford a week earlier, Aylesbury travelled to Beaconsfield SYCOB keen to add further points to their tally and move out of the bottom two.

Unfortunately, Holloways Park has become something of a fruitless venue for the Ducks in recent times with 4-0 and 4-1 defeats on their previous two visits, and it was a run that was to be continued as a sparkles United fell to a 3-0 loss to their in-form hosts who made it three wins in succession.

With only one fit recognised central defender (Alex Collard still injured, Chris Crook unavailable), Creaser opted for an unfamiliar back three that included Alvin Rajaram on his full debut alongside Jack Wood and Lea Coulter. Elsewhere, Lee Grace was back from injury, whilst new signings Zaki Oualah and Sean Immanuel started in goal and up front respectively.

A promising start saw Aylesbury retaining the ball and playing it about well, as they did for much of the first half, but turning their possession into chances proved difficult throughout.

Instead it was SYCOB who had the first shot on goal when the ball was played infield to the advancing Lee Togwell whose long ranger drifted harmlessly wide.

A better chance came a minute later when the ball was superbly touched out wide to the marauding figure of Tom Gant who delivered a teasing cross which was headed over by the unmarked Aaron Minhas.

A wayward effort from Omari Patrick was to be the only noteworthy attempt from either side as the game became something of a midfield stalemate, before the hosts made the breakthrough with a goal out of nothing.

Jamie Nicholls’s attempt at a quick free kick broke down with an interception, and after the ball was moved deep into Aylesbury’s half a long range strike by Losasso took the slightest of deflections to take it away from Oualah whose valiant attempt at a save had seen him get fingertips to the ball, to no avail, as the ball found the top corner. 1-0 Beaconsfield

Aylesbury were still struggling to make headway in the final third, but in the 38th minute they finally had their first shot on goal. A free kick near the right touchline was placed by the confident Immanuel – who had showed some excellent touches on his debut – and his dipping effort had to be turned over the bar by Brendan Hazlett.

The corner kick which followed was half cleared as far as Greg Williams in the box whose volley struck his own man in the box before being swept away.

That was to be the pinnacle of United’s first half efforts, and things ended with Beaconsfield back on the attack as Gant’s miscued cross had to be tipped over by Oualah shortly before the interval.

Half-time: Beaconsfield 1-0 Aylesbury

Taylor Collins came on for the ineffectual Paul Edgeworth at half time and he was quickly involved as his shot on the run in the box ricocheted back off goalkeeper Hazlett.

It was something of a let off for the hosts, but less than a minute later their lead was doubled to effectively put the game beyond Aylesbury. Jack Wood was back to scramble a shot off the line, but couldn’t get the necessary distance on his clearance and Losasso was on hand to fire home the rebound. 2-0 Beaconsfield

On the hour mark a clear chance to make it three went begging for SYCOB when the ball came across the box to Togwell, who could only lash his shot wide, and again a minute later when a through ball to substitute Aaron Berry had the defence cut apart but he sliced wide when faced only with Oualah.

Aylesbury then made a rare foray into the box as Collins and Immanuel linked up, and although the latter’s effort was blocked the ball ran on to Jake Bewley whose drive was easily claimed by the goalkeeper.

A third goal for the hosts arrived late on with the otherwise reliable Grace having a moment to forget, as his miscue set Tope Fowodu free and he rode a desperately mistimed last-ditch challenge from Rajaram before rolling home his first goal for the club. 3-0 Beaconsfield

Having been set up by Fowodu, Berry shot well over on the end of a breakaway move that could have seen SYCOB pile further misery on United in the closing stages.

To their credit, the Ducks never stopped trying and could have had a consolation at the death when Williams on the end of Grace’s cross but flashed a header wide, whilst Coulter shot wide following a short corner routine.

It wasn’t to be as Beaconsfield’s resolute defence remained unbreached, and it was a frustrated Aylesbury who left the field as full time sounded shortly afterwards.