Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



Aylesbury’s final home game of the season ended on the rather disappointing note of a first defeat in six games, as a brace from in-form Beaconsfield striker Aaron Berry secured his side a 2-1 win.

Winning at Leighton Town two days earlier had essentially rendered the result inconsequential, and probably just as well as the Ducks came up against a quality footballing side with only one defeat in their previous eight games.

Unsurprisingly, United made five changes to their lineup with Jack Beech, Ricky Brown, Ollie Hogg, Alvin Rajaram and Shannon Jesson all coming into the team.

After a slow start it was SYCOB who scored with the game’s first meaningful attack, after thirteen minutes. A ball forward found Berry in space, and he played a neat one-two on the edge of the box before finishing sweetly. 1-0 Beaconsfield

18-year old Beech was one of few attacking sparks for Aylesbury in the first half, and his twisting run into the box brought about his side’s first attempt at goal, though it was comfortably dealt with by Sam Bunting.

Chris Crook had headed well over from a very deep free kick delivery, but it continued to be an uninspiring game with the visitors always looking the more dangerous.

Nine minutes from the break Stephen Braybrook slid the ball through for Sam Deadfield whose shot was turned wide by Zaki Oualah, and two minutes later another slick move saw Lee Togwell pass to Deadfield who in turn cut it back to Aaron Minhas but he could only blaze over the bar.

Out of nothing, and against the run of overall play, Aylesbury then hauled themselves level.

Rajaram’s opportunistic looping volley had to be tipped over by Bunting, and when a poor delivered Hogg corner came into the near post it should have been dealt with, but somehow squirted off Timothy Wohlfiel into the net. 1-1

The goal marked a brief raise in Aylesbury’s game, as some confidence returned to their play, but they were unable to test Bunting further as the half ended all square.

Half-time: Aylesbury 1-1 Beaconsfield

Also playing their second game of the week, Beaconsfield took the opportunity to make two half-time substitutions, and it was one of these – Ollie McCoy - who showed his intent with just two minutes played when cutting in from the left and curling a decent effort just past the far post.

The loss of Jake Bewley to injury forced United into a change, Bruno Brito coming on in his place and Shannon Jesson dropping to left back.

At this stage the match was a one-sided affair, two testing Beaconsfield corners coming to nothing before Tristan Campbell crashed a long range effort over the bar.

Twice more the visitors got in behind United’s defence before being repelled at the last, before a shot from former Reading and Birmingham City youngster Deadfield was blocked on the line after Campbell’s corner eventually dropped to him.

Aylesbury the profited from a rare attack of their own, Rajaram delivering a searching cross from the right that Crook was just unable to control and headed off target.

Midway through the half and Berry showed good strength to outmuscle Jack Wood when receiving a pass forward before getting away a looping shot that was plucked out of the air by Zaki Oualah.

Stacey Field hadn’t had much look in up front for United, but the hosts’ best chance came his way on 74 minutes. Brito played a fine ball into the box where the alert Field was in beyond the defence, but he got his bearings wrong with an attempted volley and the ball flew well wide.

A swift Beaconsfield counter attack then had Oualah in action again, with the move started by left back Jordan Ford who sent McCoy scampering away down the left. His low ball into the box wasn’t cut out by Wood giving Berry a free shot on goal, only for Oualah to stand firm and make a great save.

The resulting corner kick saw Oualah again come out on top, saving smartly after a brief scramble in the box, and when the ball dropped to McCoy he smashed high over the target on the volley.

SYCOB’s pressure eventually told as they finally made the decisive breakthrough with eight minutes remaining. Another incisive move ended with Deadfield feeding it through for Berry whose clinical finish found the bottom corner to complete his second brace of goals in two days. 2-1 Beaconsfield

The Ducks were unable to mount a response as the game drew to a close, whilst the away side went close again when Campbell struck a swerving effort from the edge of the area that thumped past the outside of the box.

It all meant for a rather subdued end as the curtain fell on Aylesbury’s first season at The ASM Stadium. Ultimately though, it was a job well done with Southern League football secured for another season when, a few weeks earlier, that had been very much in the balance.