Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



With thanks to Steve Baker for this match report

On a sunny but cold day at The Parkfield Stadium, Glyn Creaser kept the same starting eleven that had narrowly lost at Fleet on Tuesday evening but with Greg Williams and Lea Coulter returning the bench looked a lot stronger than our previous game.

The hosts went into this game on a run of just one win in five having scored 11 and conceded 13 so it would have been fair to expect the game to produce a number of goals. Inevitably that wasn’t to be the case and the match ended goalless but was an entertaining encounter with both sides going close on many occasions.

Potters Bar started the brighter and forced a corner within the opening sixty seconds, Zaki Oualah being alert to palm round a drive from Ashley Nathaniel-George.

The hosts continued to dominate for the first ten minutes before Jordon Frederick and Ollie Stanbridge began to get a grip on midfield and slowly bring The Ducks back into the game.

With Sonny French continuing his excellent recent form, chances started to be created with both Tre Mitford and Bruno Brito getting shots on goal but, in the main failing to force the keeper into a save.

Tre particularly impressed on only his second outing for the team and created a number of chances for himself but wasn’t able to get his shots on target.

While Potters Bar threatened on occasions Zaki had little to do and the Ducks ended the half on top having created much the better of the chances and would have gone in at half time the happier of the two teams.

Whatever was said in the dressing rooms at half time it was Potters Bar who started brightest again in the second half and dominated much of the play for the first twenty minutes.

An early scare came when Zaki came out to clear from the onrushing Ryan Forde only for Chris Doyle to attempt to chip the stranded keeper from the halfway line, the ball clipping the bar and bouncing over to safety.

A succession of corners to Potters Bar continued to cause problems for the Ducks defence with ex Duck Eoin Casey going closest with a free header that Zaki did well to stop.

At the other end a number of half chances came and went for us with Bruno attempting a spectacular overhead kick that went well wide.

With Reece Cameron and Taylor Collins coming on for Josh Baines and Bruno Brito, the Ducks started to get back into the game although the ferocity of the midfield battle and the heavy pitch saw both Jordon Frederick and Ollie Stanbridge tire visibly.

To their credit they continued to give their all and indeed it was Jordon who came closest to breaking the deadlock with a header from a delightful Taylor Collins cross but he was unable to steer it past the keeper.

As the temperature continued to drop the game ended for a hard earned point on a difficult pitch.

Overall there was much to be pleased with. A clean sheet against a hitherto free scoring Potters Bar, solid defensive and midfield performances and a growing partnership between Tre and Bruno.

Next up is the visit of Beaconsfield to the ASM Stadium on Wednesday where we hope that the good performances over the last two games can be converted into three points.