Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Egham Town

0 5

Aylesbury United

  Half-time: (0-1)  
(c) Jamie NORRISPlayer Image1
15 64m Jordan AJANLEKOKOPlayer Image2
Ryan PARSONSPlayer Image3
Reece YORKEPlayer Image4
Luke NEVILLEPlayer Image5
Wes DALYPlayer Image6
14 72m Romaine WALKERPlayer Image7
Elliot CAREYPlayer Image8
16 46m Gareth CHENDLIKPlayer Image9
Richard PACQUETTEPlayer Image10
Bajram PASHAJPlayer Image11
Callum WEBBPlayer Image12
7 72m Peter DEANPlayer Image14
2 64m Hassan SULAIMANPlayer Image15
9 46m Chris MOOREPlayer Image16
James READINGPlayer Image22
  Gary MEAKINManager ImageM
1Player ImageZaki OUALAH
2Player ImageJonny MILLER
3Player ImageJake BEWLEY
4Player ImageAlex COLLARD
5Player ImageRyan KINNANE
6Player ImageOllie STANBRIDGE14 74m 
7Player ImageJosh BAINES15 64m 
8Player ImageGreg WILLIAMS (c)12 77m 
9Player ImageBruno BRITO
10Player ImageTre MITFORD
11Player ImageSonny FRENCH
12Player ImageLea COULTER8 77m 
14Player ImageJordon FREDERICK6 74m 
15Player ImageOllie HOGG7 64m 7
16Player ImageAlex CHILCOTT
MManager ImageGlyn CREASER
Match Report



After over a month without a league win, Aylesbury returned to form in sparkling style, as they scored five without reply at Egham Town.

Although recent performances for the Ducks have been good without necessarily getting the deserved reward, on this occasion everything clicked into place for United to take a resounding win, their biggest of the season.

It was also a very capable Egham side’s biggest home defeat since they returned to the Southern League in 2013.

Due to a kit clash, Egham had lent Aylesbury their yellow change strip, and Sarnies goalkeeper Jamie Norris continued the generosity with his part in the early opener.

Jake Bewley intercepted a stray pass before moving the ball quickly forwards for Bruno Brito. Although his effort was powerfully struck Norris seemed to have everything behind the ball, yet the ball flew straight through him into the net.

The goal had come against the opening run of play, and Town threatened again when a direct ball forwards found the vastly experienced former pro striker Richard Pacquette, making his Egham debut, who with no support could only loft a shot over the bar.

From that point on, proceedings were more evenly balanced, and the impressive Tre Mitford came close to doubling the Ducks’ lead midway through the half when he received a through ball, took it around Norris only to see his finish hacked off the line.

Three minutes later Mitford did have the ball in the net, albeit illegally as referee Mr Mackenzie adjudged the forward to have pushed Reece Yorke out of the way to get to the ball before slotting it past Norris.

Pacquette wasted the best chance for the home side when a quick free kick caught Aylesbury cold, the former Queens Park Rangers man somehow managing to lob the ball over the bar when picked out unattended five-yards from goal.

With skipper Jack Wood unavailable, Alex Collard was drafted in for his first game of the season, and he delivered an imperious display marshalling the defence to a clean sheet. He also came close to scoring on 28 minutes when he met Bewley’s corner but his header was blocked by a defender.

Two minutes later and Egham also went close from a corner kick, Luke Neville meeting Bajram Pashaj’s delivery to power a header just wide.

The Sarnies were gifted a lifeline with nine minutes of the first period remaining when Ryan Kinnane dived into a challenge on Pashaj in the box, but Zaki Oualah rescued his team with a fine penalty save by guessing correctly and turning the ball behind.

United remained under pressure right up to the interval, a corner kick headed down to Neville resulted in him sending the ball looping over the bar, whilst burly midfielder Wes Daly went on a long run before pulling a shot badly off target as the Ducks made it to the break with their lead intact.

Half-time: Egham 0-1 Aylesbury

The second half started in much the same manner, with firstly Yorke spooning over from close range having had a right wing cross levered down in his direction, and then the misfiring Pacquette shot tamely for goal after one of the hosts’ best moves of the game, Oualah able to comfortably gather.

Having defended strongly, Aylesbury then took a firm grip on proceedings by extending their lead.

Mitford refused to let a number of offsides in the first half get him down, as he this time sprung the trap to race clear before firing a low ball across the box and leave Sonny French a simple close range finish. 2-0 Aylesbury

It wasn’t long before the Ducks added a third to put the game beyond doubt, with another fine example of clinical counter attacking. Brito found French down the right, and in a role reversal of six minutes earlier, French this time squared for Mitford who nonchalantly flicked home his first Aylesbury goal. 3-0 Aylesbury

Mitford soon had his second and an Aylesbury fourth to put them the well-numbered travelling fans into dreamland. A clever flick from Brito on the left flank set substitute Ollie Hogg away, and goalkeeper Norris made a hash of dealing with his low cross, allowing Mitford to nip in and turn the ball home. 4-0 Aylesbury

With the game well beyond them, Egham had few moments of attacking note although substitute Chris Moore dragged an effort well wide after a ball was clipped into the box for him.

The French/Mitford double act had Town cut apart again on 76 minutes, with a final shot being cleared off the line, although the linesman’s flag had been raised anyway.

Even right back Jonny Miller was getting in on the act, as he made a marauding run to reach the box before a slick one-two gave him a shoot opportunity that he placed wide across goal.

Jordan Frederick, on to replace Ollie Stanbridge, had a 25-yard rising drive tipped over the bar by Norris, and from the resulting corner it was Brito who met French’s flag kick to head over.

Aylesbury continued their utter dominance of the game with a Kinnane header cleared off the line after he was picked out by a searching, deep free kick delivery, so it came as no surprise when a late fifth did materialise.

As Mitford danced his way through the defence, Norris denied him his hat-trick by saving, but was unable to prevent the ball running loose where a grateful French rammed in his own second of the game. 5-0 Aylesbury

With only seconds remaining, the Ducks completed their perfect afternoon by recording successive clean sheets for the first time of the season, with their win also seeing Aylesbury gain three places in the league.