Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



Despite Tre Mitford’s third goal in five games, Aylesbury’s poor home form continued as they lost 3-1 to Beaconsfield SYCOB.

Of their 29 points only 8 have now come on their own turf, and although the Ducks did score at home in the league for the first time since 10th September, they still remain without three points at The ASM Stadium since the same date.

Mitford’s goal – a well taken flicked finish from Jake Bewley’s cross – came with United already two goals down, and although they had their opponents under severe pressure, were killed off by a third and final counter attacking goal to put the game beyond.

Beaconsfield arrived on a hot streak of form having racked up four straight wins, and it was they who pressed first when Aaron Berry tried a 30-yard snapshot that was gathered in at the second attempt by Zaki Oualah having palmed away the effort initially.

Six minutes later and Aylesbury went close when a hashed clearance after a good right flank move involving Mitford and Sonny French fell to Josh Baines, but having switched back to his favoured right foot drove a dipping shot just over the bar.

SYCOB made the breakthrough with just eleven minutes on the clock. A flowing counter ended with the ball being played in from the right, hurriedly cleared straight back to an attacker who once more played it across goal where Charlie Losasso was waiting to divert it into the net. 1-0 Beaconsfield

Now the dominant force, the visitors could have doubled their lead when a short corner routine eventually fell to Losasso who hammered over from inside the box, and they could have been out of side before the midpoint of the half – a quick free kick picking out Losasso who hooked goalwards but the shot was comfortable for Oualah.

Attacks from Aylesbury were few and far between in the first half, Mitford seeing a shot easily caught after French’s shot deflected through to him, and it was the same man who had United’s final chance of the half, smashing well over the bar after a Bewley corner kick dropped quickly at his feet having cleared Ryan Kinnane,

Beaconsfield continued to look the most likely to add to the scoring, and Losasso continued to waste chances. This time Reece Cameron lost the ball in a midfield position, where it was swept quickly forwards to Losasso who fired straight at Oualah.

On the stroke of half time a slick counter attack saw United caught short at the back, with Spencer Maw firing a shot across goal that clipped the outside of the post on its way behind.

Half-time: Aylesbury 0-1 Beaconsfield

The second period started with Aylesbury trying to raise their game and force the away side back under some sustained pressure. A 20-yard effort from Ollie Hogg looped up off a defender to make it a comfortable catch for Sam Bunting.

Jonny Miller and Reece Cameron both flashed in dangerous crosses that were begging for a touch, whilst another ball in from the latter picked out Mitford who completely miss hit his shot in front of goal but still managed to win a corner.

The first delivery was cleared behind, but from the second flag kick the ball dropped to Baines whose superbly executed volley was blocked on the line by a well positioned defender.

Unfortunately the attacking intent from Aylesbury went unrewarded, and they were hit with a sucker punch second goal from a clinical SYCOB counter attack. A fine, raking through ball from deep dissected the entire defence, allowing Maw a clean run on goal, and he produced a cool finish past Oualah. 2-0 Beaconsfield

The goal had come firmly against the run of play, and United finally grabbed the goal they deserved seven minutes later. Some neat build up ended with Bewley released on the left, whose cross into the six-yard area was deftly flicked home by Mitford. 1-2

With their deficit reduced, Beaconsfield now found themselves under waves of pressure from the Ducks, with the fresh legs of Lea Coulter and Taylor Collins brought on to aid their cause.

Mitford was denied his second by Bunting who turned his long range shot around the post, but aside from some late corner kicks Aylesbury were once more finding creativity lacking in the final third.

Instead, they again looked susceptible to counters from the visitors and when Ryan Kinnane found himself sucked underneath a Maw cross from the right, Berry looked odds on to score, only for Kinnane to make a good recovery block.

Three minutes from time and SYCOB did score again, to well and truly kill off any hopes of United taking anything from the game. Berry was played in down the right wing, and as Oualah rushed from his line the SYCOB striker beat him to the ball, cutting it back to Losasso who stylishly lobbed it into the empty net. 3-1 Beaconsfield

With little time for further action the South Bucks outfit were able to comfortably see out their fifth win in succession, and leave United scratching their heads yet again and the contrast between home and away performances.