Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Warning: Use of undefined constant player - assumed 'player' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/vhosts/aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/httpdocs/match.php on line 1364

Warning: Use of undefined constant goaldescription - assumed 'goaldescription' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/vhosts/aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/httpdocs/match.php on line 1376

Arlesey Town

3 3

Aylesbury United

  Half-time: (0-2)  
Bartolomiej PEDRYCZPlayer Image1
Cade STEPHENS-ABBEYPlayer Image2
16 15m Bill PLUMPTONPlayer Image3
Stefan POWELLPlayer Image4
(c) Matt HALLPlayer Image5
Luke ABRAHAMPlayer Image6
Jack VASEYPlayer Image7
Christian TAVERNIERPlayer Image8
12 72m Arel AMUPlayer Image9
Taylor RHINEYPlayer Image10
Josh COLEYPlayer Image11
9 72m Rafe GOODMANPlayer Image12
16 57m Tony WILLIAMSPlayer Image14
Dom MORGILLOPlayer Image15
3 15m 14 57m Pierre YAMFAMPlayer Image16
Zema ABBEYPlayer Image17
  Zema ABBEYManager ImageM
 Nathan ABBEYManager ImageM2
1Player ImageZaki OUALAH
2Player ImageGavin HINDS-CADETTE
3Player ImageJake BEWLEY
4Player ImageJack WOOD (c)
5Player ImageRyan KINNANE
6Player ImageOllie STANBRIDGE
7Player ImageJordon FREDERICK15 78m 
8Player ImageTre MITFORD
9Player ImageLea COULTER
10Player ImageSonny FRENCH
11Player ImageBruno BRITO12 60m 
12Player ImageJosh BAINES11 60m 6
14Player ImageTroy WITTER
15Player ImageNick KALAKOUTIS7 78m 
16Player ImageAlex CHILCOTT
MManager ImageGlyn CREASER
Match Report



Following their 5-0 thumping at home to AFC Dunstable and a disappointing defeat at Chalfont before that, the Ducks were looking to get back on track at lowly Arlesey Town.

Three goals to the good eight minutes into the second half, and the Ducks looked to be well on their way.

But a goal for the hosts five minutes later gave them hope, and that hope bore fruit when two late goals within three minutes had Aylesbury pegged back and having to settle for a draw.

The Ducks were able to call upon Tre Mitford in attack, back with the club after not seeing much action at Staines Town, whilst Sonny French was also back in the squad, but Greg Williams and Ollie Hogg (injured), and Reece Cameron (sick) were all unavailable. New signing Nick Kalakoutis was on the bench.

A high octane start to the game saw United have the ball in the net after just three minutes, but it was quite rightly ruled out when Mitford jumped into goalkeeper Bart Pedrycz to send the ball into the net, and Pedrycz was in the thick of things moments later when a penalty appeal against him was waved away.

On the quarter hour mark Ryan Kinnane came to Aylesbury’s rescue with a fine block to stop a shot after Jake Bewley had failed to cut out a long ball, with Taylor Rhiney putting the rebounded ball well over.

The Ducks struck first with a fine team goal, four minutes later. Mitford helped the ball out wide to Bewley on the left, whose early cross into the box was turned into the net by the inrushing French. 1-0 Aylesbury

Mitford marked his comeback with a well deserved goal as the lead was doubled within 90 seconds. Picking the ball up he drifted past two defenders before scuffing a shot goalwards that Pedrycz appeared to think was going wide, the motionless keeper as surprised as anyone when the ball found the bottom corner. 2-0 Aylesbury

Arlesey demonstrated plenty of neat build up throughout the match, but their end product in the final third was generally lacking with Stefan Powell lashing a long shot well wide, and Rhiney also doing similar at the end of a counter attacking move.

Rhiney was again causing problems on the half hour mark when the ball was flicked into his path, allowing him to run at Jack Wood before sending a shot sailing wide.

Prior to that French hit the sidenetting for Aylesbury after Ollie Stanbridge had snapped into a challenge to win the ball back, and Jordon Frederick did similar to set up Coulter whose instant shot flew over the bar.

It was the Blues who had the last say of the half though when a throw in set Rhiney away down the left, his cut back picking out Jack Vasey on the edge of the box who could only strike a poor effort that was high and wide with the whole goal to aim at.

Half-time: Arlesey 0-2 Aylesbury

Early in the half and Mitford spurned a good chance for three when his near post shot was saved by Pedrycz after French’s ball in from the right was allowed to run on by Brito.

Aylesbury continued to find plenty of space in and around the Arlesey box, and it was Coulter’s turn next when Brito picked him out from the wing was put wide as he fell to the ground.

Finally, the pressure told and the Ducks did increase their lead. French made a driving run through the heart of the defence before squaring for Coulter who hammered the ball home after initially appearing to have lost it to his marker. 3-0 Aylesbury

United had barely had time to finish celebrating their goal when the home side pulled one back of their own. With his first involvement, substitute Tony Williams won and played a corner kick, taken short to catch the Ducks cold where it was delivered into the box by Christian Tavernier and converted by Jack Vasey. 1-3

Williams then could have reduced the deficit further when a left wing cross found him all alone in the area, only for him to produce a complete airkick and let Aylesbury off.

The Greens went straight down the other end and Josh Baines was close to netting when his attempted chip just lacked the elevation to beat Pedrycz, the stopper able to pluck the ball out of the air.

With Aylesbury continuing to create chances there seemed to be no cause for alarm at Arlesey’s goal. Mitford and Bewley again combined well on the left before setting up Coulter who was unable to get a shot away despite being completely free once more.

Mitford himself then had a shot blocked having been fed by Coulter, the rebound falling to Bewley who looked certain to score but went for power and fired wide across the empty goal.

Even after the chances went begging, and a fourth goal didn’t arrive for the Ducks, the game appeared to be heading towards an uneventful conclusion and Aylesbury win as it entered something of a lull.

Arlesey clearly had other ideas though, and they went close with a counter move after a United free kick that saw the ball swept downfield to Rhiney who twisted and turned in the box before firing a low shot just wide across goal.

Two minutes later and the gap was narrowed to one, with a contentious penalty award given for handball against debutant Kalakoutis with what was unfortunately his first contribution in a green and white shirt.

Jack Vasey stepped up to send Oualah the wrong way from the spot and further heighten Arlesey’s belief. 2-3

The wait for an equaliser was a short one for the home side, as Arlesey drew level with a brilliant goal. A lofted ball into the box was superbly brought down by Coley, who pivoted past his marker before firing into the net. 3-3

Aylesbury managed to rouse themselves for another attack as a combination of Stanbridge and French made the box before drawing a fine smothering save out of Pedrycz.

Things could have got even worse for United in stoppage time, as first Oualah had to claw the ball out from the goalline when Tavernier’s free kick was allowed to bounce up inside the box.

The resulting corner was met by a flying header, where it hit Coley who diverted it onto the bar to at least spare the Ducks a devastating defeat.