Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Aylesbury United

2 3

Chalfont St. Peter

  Half-time: (1-1)  
    Jack SILLITOEPlayer Image1
    15 56m Gavin HINDS-CADETTEPlayer Image2
    Jake BEWLEYPlayer Image3
    (c) Jack WOODPlayer Image4
    Ryan KINNANEPlayer Image5
    Alex COLLARDPlayer Image6
    14 65m Bruno BRITOPlayer Image7
    12 74m Nick KALAKOUTISPlayer Image8
    Lea COULTERPlayer Image9
    Sonny FRENCHPlayer Image10
    Jordon FREDERICKPlayer Image11
    8 74m Ollie STANBRIDGEPlayer Image12
    7 65m Reece CAMERONPlayer Image14
    62 56m Jonny MILLERPlayer Image15
    Profile REMOVED 5Player Image16
      Glyn CREASERManager ImageM
    1Player ImageCarl DENNISON
    2Player ImageAlex PAINE16 76m 
    3Player ImageJack MULLAN
    4Player ImageGeorge FENTON
    5Player ImageAdam KIRBY
    6Player ImageRyan WHARTON12 60m 
    7Player ImageGary BURRELL
    8Player ImageAlan HEDLEY (c)
    9Player ImageJake CASS
    10Player ImageIsmael EHUI14 94m 
    11Player ImageLuke MAGUIRE
    12Player ImageTony MENDY6 60m 
    14Player ImageJon MUNDAY10 94m 
    15Player ImageOkera LEWIS
    16Player ImageChris HENRY2 76m 
    22Player ImageBradley O'HARA
    MManager ImageDanny EDWARDS
    Match Report



    Match report by Ian Pluck

    Manager Glyn Creaser chose to make two changes to the team that had defeated Uxbridge on Wednesday, with Gavin Hinds-Cadette returning to the team after injury in place of Jonny Miller and Nick Kalakoutis replacing Olly Stanbridge in the centre of midfield.

    On a warm sunny day, the Ducks started the better of the two teams. In the 6th minute, a cross from Hinds-Cadette was headed weakly back to him by Alex Paine. Given a second chance to cross, Hinds-Cadette found Jordon Frederick just inside the area, whose well struck goal bound shot hit Lea Coulter and deflected away for a goal kick.

    Four minutes later Jake Cass collected the ball wide on the left and drove inside; he fired a shot from 25 yards which deflected off Ryan Kinnane for a corner.

    There was little in the way of goalmouth action as the game became a battle in the middle of the field, with attacking opportunities few and far between. That changed midway through the half, Frederick played a long ball to Bruno Brito wide on the left. He controlled the ball well and found Coulter 15 yards out from goal; he turned and shot, but his attempt was too high to trouble Carl Dennison in the visitor’s goal.

    In the very next attack, Nick Kalakoutis won the ball in midfield and played it to Frederick, who in turn found Brito on the left edge of the area. However, like Coulter minutes earlier, the Portuguese striker’s shot cleared the bar.

    On the half hour the Ducks almost took the lead in what would have been fortuitous circumstances. Sonny French chased a long ball down the right and cut the ball back to Frederick, whose miskick fell to Ryan Wharton. His attempted back pass to keeper Dennison was under hit, allowing Brito to charge down the clearance, with the ball looping just wide of the far post.

    Five minutes later, Luke Maguire won the ball in midfield and played in Cass down the left channel. He took the ball passed Ryan Kinnane, but saw his shot finish in the side netting.

    Five minutes before half time, the Ducks took the lead they probably deserved on the balance of play. French picked the ball up on half way and went on a typical driving run, beating 3 challengers before playing the ball to Hinds-Cadette on the right flank. His cross to the far post was met by Brito on the volley, his attempt beating Dennison and nestling in the far corner for his 12th goal of the season. 1-0 Aylesbury

    As so often happens, teams are vulnerable soon after scoring. Two minutes later, a French free kick was cleared by a Chalfont defender, up to Cass on half way. Hinds-Cadette attempted to get in front of his opponent, but Cass was too strong and turned away, heading for goal. Once he got to the penalty area, he shot across Jack Sillitoe into the far corner for the equalising goal. 1-1

    The second half started with Chalfont changing their shape to counter the Duck’s formation. In particular, pacy midfielder Luke Maguire was switched to the right side. However, it appeared that the changes made little difference initially, with the hosts retaking the lead in the 48th minute. Jack Wood won the ball on half way and played the ball to Brito on the left, whose deft pass inside found Coulter just inside the penalty area, the striker’s smart first time finish defeating Dennison at the near post. 2-1 Aylesbury

    On the hour mark a long ball forward caused some indecision in the United defence, Alex Collard and Sillitoe appearing to assume the other would take control of the situation. As Cass attempted to capitalise, Sillitoe made amends and palmed the ball away from the centre forward, gathering the ball as it dropped.

    In the 68th minute, Kalakoutis gave the ball away in midfield and centre back Adam Kirby profited, moving towards the penalty area; he unleashed a shot from 25 yards which flew over the bar. In the next attack, Maguire, whose pace was causing problems for Kinnane on the left wing, found Cass on the edge of the area, but the striker’s shot lacked accuracy and missed the near post of Sillitoe’s goal.

    With 15 minutes to play, substitute Anthony Mendy did well down the right and crossed to Cass, but his header was straight at Sillitoe.

    Two minutes later Cass was more successful; Maguire on the left skipped past two defenders and laid the ball into his path on the edge of the penalty area, this time his shot was more accurate, nestling into the far corner of the net. 2-2

    Stung by conceding, the Ducks almost struck back two minutes later. French spread the ball wide to Reece Cameron on the left wing, who held the ball up and fed Jake Bewley breaking forward, but his powerful shot was well saved by Dennison.

    On 81 minutes, a free kick taken by Gary Burrell was met by the head of Kirby, but his attempt was just wide of the target.

    As the match entered added on time, a corner from Bewley was half cleared as far as Wood, whose header back across goal kissed the face of the cross bar, rebounding to Coulter at the far post. His shot though was wild and high, missing the target.

    With 3 minutes of added on time played, Saint’s skipper Alan Hedley won a header in midfield, the ball finding Maguire; the winger found substitute Mendy breaking forward, who evaded a tackle and slid the ball past the advancing Sillitoe to seal the result for his team. 3-2 Chalfont St. Peter

    There was to be one more chance for the Ducks to hit back; a long throw from Coulter was headed on by Collard to Cameron at the far post, but his header was off target.

    That was to be the last action of the match, the referee blowing his whistle shortly afterwards. Another home match of what could have been, ultimately not enough quality at vital times to secure the three points. Next up, a trip to champions Royston Town.