The Evo-Stik League South

Saturday 26th August 2017

Evo-Stik League South East

The Meadow, Chesham Attendance: 108

Aylesbury United

2 3

Barton Rovers

  Half-time: (1-2)  
      6Jack SILLITOEPlayer Image1
      516 46m Ryan COYLEPlayer Image2
      6Jake BEWLEYPlayer Image3
      6(c) Jack WOODPlayer Image4
      6Alex COLLARDPlayer Image5
      6Ryan KINNANEPlayer Image6
      615 67m Reece CAMERONPlayer Image7
      6Ollie STANBRIDGEPlayer Image17
      614 67m Tyriq HUNTEPlayer Image9
      7Sonny FRENCHPlayer Image10
      7Jamie JELLISPlayer Image11
      Gavin HINDS-CADETTEPlayer Image12
      79 67m Dejon NOEL-WILLIAMSPlayer Image14
      77 67m Lea COULTERPlayer Image15
      62 46m Ollie HOGGPlayer Image16
      Greg WILLIAMSPlayer Image8
        Glyn CREASERManager ImageM
      1Player ImageLewis TODD
      2Player ImageJack MACE
      3Player ImageRyan HAUGH
      4Player ImageSalam AMOAKO17 62m 
      5Player ImageDavid LONGE-KING
      6Player ImageJordan ODOFIN
      7Player ImageYemi ADELANI14 83m 
      8Player ImageClaudio DIAS
      9Player ImageJosh OYINSAN16 74m 
      10Player ImageEbby NELSON-ADDY
      11Player ImageNathan OLUKANMI
      12Player ImageAndrew WHORMS
      14Player ImageJames VERNEY7 83m 
      15Player ImageSean BEESLEY
      16Player ImageJetmir ESSO9 74m 
      17Player ImageCharlie PAYNE4 62m 
      MManager ImageMark BOYCE
      Match Report



      Match report by David Figg

      After finally recording their first win of the season with a 4-1 home win over Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side Leverstock Green in their Emirates FA Cup Preliminary Round replay at The Meadow in midweek, Aylesbury United's hope of achieving their first league win of the season were dashed as they fell to a 2-3 home defeat by Barton Rovers in their Evo Stik Southern League East Division clash at The Meadow on Saturday.

      It was United's 3rd league defeat out of 3 games so far and with results elsewhere, this latest loss leaves them in next to bottom place in the table on goal difference from bottom of the table Hanwell who lost 1-5 away to Hartley Wintney.

      Meanwhile, Barton had gone into the game in 9th place in the table as the 3rd of 8 teams all on 3 points after a win and a defeat from their opening 2 league games.

      The first chance came The Ducks' way in the 4th minute when a long through ball from inside the centre circle by Ryan Kinnane found the onside Jamie Jellis on the left who cut in before crossing towards the far post, from where Ryan Coyle sent his header from 7 yards wide of Barton keeper Lewis Todd's left hand post.

      The visitors took the lead in the 7th minute when Nathan Olukanmi cut in from the left before crossing to the far post for Josh Oyinsan to send his header from 10 yards into Ducks keeper Jack Sillitoe's top left hand corner and although the United stopper got a hand to it, he couldn't keep it out. 0-1 Barton

      United went close in the 11th minute when Reece Cameron's corner from the right dropped to Alex Collard inside the left of the box whose right foot shot from 8 yards was parried by Todd before being cleared out to Jake Bewley on the left, whose cross found Ollie Stanbridge whose shot was blocked before the ball was crossed back in for Jack Wood to send his diving header wide of Todd's right hand post.

      Barton went close in the 16th minute when Jack Mace's low forward ball on the right was laid off first time to Ebby Nelson-Addy who took a couple of touches before sending his low left foot shot from the edge of the box not far wide of Sillitoe's right hand post.

      The visitors went close again in the 25th minute when Olukanmi cut in from the left towards the left corner of the box before having his right foot shot from 18 yards saved at head height by Sillitoe at the second attempt.

      Then at the other end in the 31st minute, United went close when Cameron's corner from the right was headed out by Jordan Odofin to Sonny French some 40 yards out, who controlled and ran forward a few paces before sending his right foot shot from 35 yards wide of Todd's left hand post.

      Then with exactly 34 completed minutes played, United equalised when Kinnane sent a low through ball down the middle to Jellis who turned Odofin before firing his low left foot shot from 20 yards into Todd's left hand corner. 1-1

      United had a great chance to go 2-1 up in the 38th minute when Cameron's long ball down the middle found French who outpaced David Longe-King on his way towards and into the box but his weak right foot shot from 10 yards was easily gathered by Todd, leaving French to hold his head in his hands knowing he should have done better.

      The hosts were made to pay dearly for that miss just 39 seconds later (now in the 39th minute) as Barton went 2-1 up when Odofin's long ball over the top down the middle saw Collard and Cameron leave it to one another, Olukanmi made the most of their indecision and as Sillitoe came out to leave himself in no-man's land, Olukanmi slotted his low right foot shot from 12 yards into the keeper's left hand corner for the softest of goals. 1-2 Barton

      That was the last major action of the first half and United went into the break a goal down.

      HALF TIME: Aylesbury United 1-2 Barton Rovers

      United made a substitution to start the second half with manager Glyn Creaser bringing on Ollie Hogg to replace Coyle.

      The first chance of the second half came United's way in the 51st minute when Stanbridge's low ball found French wide on the right who crossed for Hogg to fire his right foot shot from 25 yards well over the bar.

      It was 3-1 in the 53rd minute when Cameron's loose pass was intercepted on the Barton right by Nelson-Addy, whose low through ball down the middle found Yemi Adelani who ran on before slotting his right foot shot from 10 yards under the advancing Sillitoe and into the keeper's left hand corner to leave The Ducks with a mountain to climb. 1-3 Barton

      The visitors made their first change of the afternoon in the 62nd minute when Charlie Payne came on to replace Salam Amoako.

      United made a double change in the 67th minute with Lea Coulter coming on for Cameron and Dejon Noel-Williams replacing debutant Tyriq Hunte as the hosts looked for a way back into the game.

      Barton made another change in the 74th minute with Jetmir Esso coming on to replace Oyinsan.

      A chance came United's way in the 75th minute when French had his right foot shot held by Todd at his left hand post.

      A reasonable chance came United's way in the 79th minute when a great long diagonal cross-field ball from right to left by Collard found Jellis who cut in before laying it back to French, whose right foot shot from 25 yards was blocked by a defender.

      Barton made their final change in the 83rd minute when James Verney came on to replace Adelani.

      Then a few seconds into the 85th minute, United pulled a goal back when a great precision ball over the top on the right by Coulter found Noel-Williams who ran on and into the right of the box before coolly slotting his low right foot angled shot from 15 yards into Todd's right hand corner for a composed finish to give the hosts a lifeline. 2-3

      Barton went close to restoring their 2 goal margin just 60 seconds later when a vicious cross-shot from the right by Olukanmi was tipped away to his right by Sillitoe with the ball falling to Esso, who shot over from inside the box.

      United went close with 2 minutes of normal time left when Bewley's free kick from the left found Wood who sent his header wide of Todd's left hand post.

      Then with 56 seconds of added time gone at the end, The Ducks went close to a face-saving equaliser when French fed Coulter who went on a long run down the middle beating 2 or 3 men before having his weak low left foot shot from 20 yards easily gathered by Todd.

      Try as they might, United were unable to force a late leveller and the final blast of Dunstable referee Alex Rayment's whistle a few seconds into the 4th minute of added time confirmed their 3rd league defeat in their first 3 games.

      The Ducks will be hoping to finally get their first points on the board when they face arch rivals Aylesbury FC in their big local derby at Haywood Way on August Bank Holiday Monday (kick off 3.00pm). A repeat of United's famous 1-0 win in the corresponding fixture 12 months ago wouldn't go amiss as Glyn Creaser's side look to kick-start their season.