Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Tuesday 28th November 2017

Evo-Stik League South East

Mill Meadow, Chalfont St. Peter Attendance: 60

Chalfont St. Peter

0 1

Aylesbury United

  Half-time: (0-0)  
      Carl DENNISONPlayer Image1
      Mark GOODMANPlayer Image2
      15 79m Alex LAFLEURPlayer Image3
      George FENTONPlayer Image4
      (c) Alan HEDLEYPlayer Image5
      Jack MULLANPlayer Image6
      17 60m Rob HASTINGSPlayer Image7
      Alex PAINEPlayer Image8
      Ben WARD-COCHRANEPlayer Image9
      12 79m George BEATTIEPlayer Image10
      Victor OSOBUPlayer Image11
      10 79m Max HOLLANDPlayer Image12
      Albie SHEEHAN-COZENSPlayer Image14
      3 79m Ryan HAUGHPlayer Image15
      Aaron JEWELLPlayer Image16
      7 60m Frankie JONESPlayer Image17
        Danny EDWARDSManager ImageM
      1Player ImageJack SILLITOE
      2Player ImageAlex COLLARD
      3Player ImageJake BEWLEY
      4Player ImageJack WOOD (c)
      5Player ImageRyan KINNANE
      6Player ImageOllie STANBRIDGE
      7Player ImageConnor FURLONG14 63m 
      8Player ImageGreg WILLIAMS12 74m 
      9Player ImageTre MITFORD
      10Player ImageSonny FRENCH
      11Player ImageBen SEATON15 83m 
      12Player ImageOllie HOGG8 74m 
      14Player ImageHarry JONES7 63m 6
      15Player ImageAaron COUCH11 83m 
      16Player ImageLea COULTER
      17Player ImageRyan COYLE
      MManager ImageGlyn CREASER
      Match Report



      Aylesbury’s quest for three points finally proved fruitful as they ended a six-game winless run to move up two places in the league.

      With hosts Chalfont St. Peter on a fine run of form, and on a ground where they have a wretched record in recent years, few would have given the Ducks hope beforehand.

      But Glyn Creaser’s side were well organised and more than matched their opponents, in contrast to the games against Hartley Wintney and Hayes & Yeading United that had preceded.

      Even so, it was a poor quality affair that looked destined to end in stalemate, until recently returned striker Tre Mitford found the bottom corner five minutes from time.

      On a chilly South Bucks night, the game was a fast and frantic derby from the outset, but clear cut chances were few and far between.

      Aylesbury were first to test the waters when Greg Williams’s cross was turned behind for a corner, Chalfont responding with a couple of blocked shots at the other end.

      Mitford might have done better on twenty minutes when Ben Seaton played him in only for the attacker to delay his shot too much and see it blocked.

      Midway through the half and a George Beattie shot was blocked, but ricocheted through to Victor Osobu whose effort was charged down.

      Beattie then thundered an effort wide having latched onto a poor clearance from Jack Sillitoe as the Saints began to edge proceedings.

      Five minutes later Beattie brought the ball forward as a gap appeared in the Ducks defence before finding Osobu who crashed a shot wide across goal on his left foot.

      Osobu twisted and turned but couldn’t find a clear route to goal for his shot that bounced kindly through to Sillitoe.

      The Ducks were then left incandescent with rage as Chalfont played on with defender Alex Collard left poleaxed in the box, but were unable to capitalise as a shot was sent flying over the bar.

      Having ridden the home pressure – albeit without Jack Sillitoe being seriously tested - Aylesbury left the pitch for half time feeling unfortunate not to be in front.

      Sonny French played a delightful ball into the box where Seaton nipped in ahead of goalkeeper Mark Dennison, only to see his header come back off a combination of the home stopper and the woodwork.

      Seaton’s rebound effort was cleared off the line, and with Chalfont unable to fully clear the danger, the ball was redelivered where Dennison lost it and Mitford was only denied by Hedley who was well stationed on the goal line.

      Half-time: Chalfont 0-0 Aylesbury

      The second half began with Robbie Hastings shooting straight at Sillitoe, before MK Dons youngster Connor Furlong wasted what appeared to be a decent shooting opportunity for Aylesbury. Play was quickly switched to the other end where Hastings crossed for Beattie who headed wide.

      Sonny French drove in a shot just the wrong side of the upright from a half cleared corner just before the hour mark, but such efforts continued to be at a premium with the game desperate for some quality.

      Both managers opted for changes as they sought that magic moment, and Aylesbury thought they had it when the ball was touched into French’s path but, with a rare clear sight of goal, he put wide.

      The breakthrough finally arrived with five minutes remaining. Mitford brought the ball forward before taking a potshot from 20-yards that was perfectly placed into the bottom corner, past Dennison’s despairing dive. 1-0 Aylesbury

      It left little time for a home response, but one late shot did drift just wide of the target which lead to a corner kick that posed Aylesbury further questions, but the Ducks defended resolutely once again and were worthy winners on the night.