Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Tuesday 19th December 2017

Evo-Stik League South East

Moneyfields Sports Ground, Portsmouth Attendance: 82


3 0

Aylesbury United

  Half-time: (2-0)  
      Steve MOWTHORPEPlayer Image1
      Tyler GIDDINGSPlayer Image2
      Jamie FORDPlayer Image3
      Jake RAINEPlayer Image4
      16 68m Brett POATEPlayer Image5
      Sam PEARCEPlayer Image6
      Curtis THORNPlayer Image7
      Joe BRIGGSPlayer Image8
      Ryan PENNERYPlayer Image9
      14 84m Steve HUTCHINGSPlayer Image10
      Conor BAILEYPlayer Image11
      Louie MARTINPlayer Image12
      10 84m Gary AUSTINPlayer Image14
      Max SMITHPlayer Image15
      5 68m Dan WOODENPlayer Image16
      Curtis DA COSTAPlayer Image17
      1Player ImageMichael CHALMERS
      2Player ImageGavin HINDS-CADETTE
      3Player ImageJake BEWLEY
      4Player ImageJeanmal PROSPER
      5Player ImageJames GURTEEN
      6Player ImageOllie STANBRIDGE14 60m 
      7Player ImageOllie HOGG
      8Player ImageGreg WILLIAMS
      9Player ImageTre MITFORD15 68m 
      10Player ImageSonny FRENCH12 60m 
      11Player ImageConnor FURLONG
      12Player ImageHarry JONES10 60m 
      14Player ImageBen SEATON6 60m 
      15Player ImageBruno BRITO9 68m 
      MManager ImageBen WILLIAMS
      Match Report



      Match report by David Figg

      Aylesbury United's return to action after having their previous 3 matches postponed due to the weather saw them slip to a disappointing 0-3 defeat by high-flying Moneyfields in their Evo-Stik Southern League East Division clash at Moneyfields Sports Ground on Tuesday night.

      The Ducks went into the game in 19th place in the table, level on points with Barton Rovers (but with a better goal difference than the Bedfordshire side), albeit with United having played 5 games less.

      Meanwhile, Moneyfields had gone into the game in 4th place on the back of having ended a run of 4 straight defeats in all competitions out of a total winless run of 6 games with a 2-0 home win over Northwood 3 days earlier.

      The Ducks were missing goalkeeper Jack Sillitoe and captain Jack Wood through suspension as a result of their red cards against AFC Rushden and Diamonds on 16th December. Indeed, United were only able to name 3 subs.

      The first chance came Moneyfields' way in just the 3rd minute when Curtis Thorn robbed Jake Bewley on the hosts' right before passing infield to Steve Hutchings, who took a touch before having his right foot shot beaten away to his right by Ducks keeper Michael Chalmers.

      Then at the other end at the start of the 5th minute, Ollie Hogg's corner from the left was headed out to Sonny French whose attempted left foot shot from the edge of the box saw the ball initially get caught between his feet before having his right foot shot from 15 yards deflected over the bar for another corner.

      A chance came Moneyfields' way in the 9th minute when good play in midfield saw the ball eventually find Conor Bailey who fired his long range shot over the bar.

      Then at the same end 3 minutes later, the hosts went close when good play by Hutchings and Bailey released Bailey on the left, whose shot was blocked.

      Moneyfields took the lead in the 17th minute when, after some good play on the left, the ball found Jamie Ford whose cross into the middle found Thorn who sent his looping header from 12 yards over Chalmers into the net. 1-0 Moneyfields

      United went close to equalising in the 21st minute when Tre Mitford's low through ball on the left found the breaking Connor Furlong who ran towards the byeline before cutting it back to the on-running Mitford, who sent his right foot shot from 10 yards wide of Moneyfields keeper Steven Mowthorpe's right hand post.

      Moneyfields went close in the 25th minute when a good diagonal pass found Bailey at the far post who cut the ball back for Joe Briggs to fire over the bar.

      Then at the same end 2 minutes later, Briggs fed Bailey who sent his left foot shot from 25 yards well over the bar.

      Then in the 33rd minute, a through ball left Ryan Pennery through on goal and he turned his man but slipped as he tried to shoot and his effort was blocked.

      Another chance came the hosts' way in the 41st minute when Hutchings' low through ball from middle to left found Pennery, who ran forward before having his low right foot shot held to his left by Chalmers.

      United went close in the 43rd minute when French's through ball from left to middle found Mitford who fired his right foot shot straight at Mowthorpe.

      It was 2-0 in the 45th minute when Bailey's deep free kick from the left to the far post was headed upwards by Ducks debutant Jeanmal Prosper whose attempted second header went across goal to Pennery, who steered his right foot shot from 8 yards into Chalmers' right hand corner. 2-0 Moneyfields

      HALF TIME: Moneyfields 2-0 Aylesbury United

      The first chance of the second half came Moneyfields' in the 48th minute when Bailey's corner from the left found the unmarked Brett Poate who sent his free header from 8 yards over the bar when he really could have done better.

      The Ducks had a let off in the 50th minute when, following a poor goal kick by Chalmers, new signing James Gurteen slipped to let in Pennery who rode a couple of challenges before firing his right foot shot from 18 yards wide of Chalmers' right hand post.

      United went close in the 54th minute when Bewley's free kick from the right was headed half clear to Hogg, who took a touch before firing his right foot shot from 25 yards not far wide of Mowthorpe's right hand post.

      Another chance came United's way in the 56th minute when Hogg ran through the middle before sending a low through ball to his right to French, who cut in before having his left foot shot from 16 yards half blocked by Ford which took the sting out of it and the ball was held by Mowthorpe at his left hand post.

      The visitors made a double change in the 60th minute when Harry Jones coming on for French and Ben Seaton coming on for Ollie Stanbridge.

      United made a further change in the 68th minute when Bruno Brito came on to replace Mitford with Moneyfields making their first change in the same minute when Daniel Wooden came on to replace Brett Poate.

      United went close in the 74th minute when Hogg's free kick from the left found Jones whose header from 15 yards was held by the back-pedalling Mowthorpe under his own bar.

      United went close again in the 81st minute when Hogg ran forward through the middle and played a one-two with Brito before firing his right foot shot from 22 yards just wide of Mowthorpe's left hand post.

      Another chance United's way a minute later when Gavin Hinds-Cadette's ball forward found Greg Williams whose low left foot shot from 18 yards was held by Mowthorpe.

      Moneyfields made their second change in the 84th minute when Gary Austin came on to replace Hutchings.

      Then just under 2 and a quarter minutes into added time at the end, it was 3-0 when Bewley's square ball from middle to right to Hinds-Cadette saw the latter lose possession to Austin, who ran forward before tucking his right foot shot past the advancing Chalmers into his left hand corner. 3-0 Moneyfields

      There was just enough time for United to kick off again from the restart before the final blast of referee Mike Desborough's whistle confirmed The Ducks' 3rd straight defeat.

      The Ducks had played some good football at times and although they put in a decent enough and valiant performance, there was ultimately no real end product.

      United will be hoping for better luck when they travel to county rivals Beaconsfield Town on Saturday before their big home local derby with arch rivals Aylesbury FC at The Meadow on Boxing Day (3.00pm).