Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Aylesbury United

1 4

North Leigh

  Half-time: (0-3)  
Archie DAVISPlayer Image1
Jeanmal PROSPERPlayer Image2
14 45m Jake BEWLEYPlayer Image3
Jack WOODPlayer Image4
Callum MAPLEYPlayer Image5
18 58m Ollie HOGGPlayer Image6
Max HERCULESPlayer Image7
Greg WILLIAMSPlayer Image8
Aaron BERRYPlayer Image9
12 45m Ben SEATONPlayer Image10
Benjamin AGHADIUNOPlayer Image11
10 45m Tre MITFORDPlayer Image12
63 45m Matt PEAKE-PIJNENPlayer Image14
Harry JONESPlayer Image17
6 58m Ollie JONESPlayer Image18
Kierran LATAILLEPlayer Image19
  Ben WILLIAMSManager ImageM
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/www/vhosts/aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/httpdocs/match.php on line 2492

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/www/vhosts/aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/httpdocs/match.php on line 2492
1Player ImageEddie CAVANAGH
2Player ImageDec PEART
3Player ImageNathan SIMMS
4Player ImageJack TUTTON
5Player ImageBen BROWN
6Player ImageAlfie GRANT
7Player ImageHenry LANDERS
8Player ImageHarry GRANT
9Player ImageGeorge SEACOLE
10Player ImageSiyanda GILA15 40m 
11Player ImageNoah ALABI
12Player ImageEddie STEVENS
14Player ImageRory LINFORD-PILL 68m 
15Player ImageRoger JAMES10 40m 
16Player ImageAlfie SAUNDERS
17Player ImageJosh PIN 45m 
Match Report



Match report by Chris Howarth

Tre Mitford scored his second goal in as many games as the Ducks fell to a tough defeat at the hands of North Leigh. The Ducks returned to the Meadow after a stretch of three consecutive away games and were looking to make it three wins in three.

Aylesbury made a chance direct from the off as Benji Aghadiuno found space down the right-hand side and crossed in towards Ben Seaton, who volleyed over the bar. Disaster then struck for the Ducks as stopper Archie Davis was robbed by North Leigh striker George Seacole, and the striker calmly placed the ball in the back of the net after five minutes. 1-0 North Leigh

The Ducks were then up against it, as Seacole cleverly moved past United's defence and crossed for Henry Landers who struck high and wide from five yards out. On 14 minutes, it became 2. Jack Tutton stole the ball in the midfield and slotted Noah Alabi in to finish passed Davis. 2-0 North Leigh

The Ducks were looking to get back into the game after 20 minutes as they had a free kick wide on the right-hand side of the North Leigh box. Jake Bewley whipped in a cross that nearly went all the way in, only to be pushed away by the visitor’s keeper Eddie Cavanagh. United came straight back and Max Hercules the struck over the bar from distance.

Aylesbury found themselves 3 down on the half hour mark. Despite all their pressing a long ball from the visitors bounced through to Seacole who dispatched a remarkable volley from 25 yards into the top corner. 3-0 North Leigh

10 minutes later, The Ducks looked to grab one back before half time, clever play between Aaron Berry and Seaton created space for Hercules to strike over the bar.

Half-time: Aylesbury 0-3 North Leigh

The Ducks needed to change something, and change they did. Seaton and Jake Bewley made way for Mitford and Matt Peake-Pijnen to come on. However, they didn’t make the intended impact as the game stayed flat for fifteen minutes until the killer blow for the Ducks. North Leigh found a fourth on 58 minutes as Tutton latched onto a through ball that missed the United defence, and he slotted home. 4-0 North Leigh

Mitford created Aylesbury’s first chance of the second half on the hour mark as he found space on the edge of the box and fired wide. 5 minutes later Ollie Jones, who had come on for Ollie Hogg, attempted to make an instant impact as he struck over from distance.

On 69 minutes, The Ducks finally had one back. A great cross from Hercules was met by the onward running Mitford, who wonderfully headed into the back of the net. 1-4

The goal however didn't manage to spark a major flow for United as the game remained stagnant for another ten minutes but a chance out of nothing gave Ducks fans something to shout about. A number of deflected passes and shots allowed the ball to drop at Aghadiuno’s feet. He took on his man and shot into a North Leigh defender.

With three minutes to go, Hercules and Mitford combined again. Hercules made space on the left-hand side and produced another great cross towards the Ducks striker who could only head into the goalkeeper’s hands. Ollie Jones had the last chance of the game as he struck for 20 yards and forced a good save from Cavanagh.

The Ducks will be disappointed with the loss but will have to turn full attention to travelling to Corby Town in a week's time. The loss means United drop to 12th in the league table.