Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



Tre Mitford was again on the scoresheet for the Ducks in what turned out to be a disappointing afternoon in Aylesbury’s return to the Meadow. Aylesbury had won two on the spin before today’s encounter and unfortunately couldn’t make it three.

On a wet and windy afternoon, the game made a slow start with no real chances in the opening five minutes. However, The Ducks would be the first to strike out of nowhere as Jake Bewley’s free kick was headed clear but fell kindly to Ollie Hogg 25 yards out. Hogg touched the ball down and rifled a strike past the Berkhamsted keeper. 1-0 Aylesbury

On fire striker Mitford would get his first sniff at goal when he made space on the edge of the area but could only drag his shot wide on the 15th minute. A few minutes later, The Comrades were level. Will Summerfield charged down the left-hand side after latching onto a through ball before slotting past Ducks keeper Archie Davis. 1-1

United would have the next chance but it wouldn’t come until the 29th minute. Max Hercules would produce a great run through the midfield before setting Mitford for a strike, but it wouldn’t trouble to the keeper. 5 minutes later, Berkhamsted’s winger Summerfield would maraud his way down the right cleverly before releasing a strike just wide of the post.

On the 38th minute, The Ducks were behind. Max Farrelly leapt highest in the midfield to win a header and Matthew Bateman’s flick on was deflected into the path of Daniel Jones who had the goal at his mercy and dispatched well. 2-1 Berkhamsted

The Ducks would bite back straight away but were denied by Xavi Comas-Leon in the Berkhamsted net, after he gladly clutched another shot from Mitford. With five minutes before the break, Berkhamsted would go extremely close, a free kick wide on the right-hand side flew in towards the box from skipper Danny Murphy and Farrelly headed just past the post.

Ryan Kinnane found himself in the book for a foul on Mitford and the resulting free kick would lead to the last chance of the half. Bewley’s free kick was blocked but he crossed straight back in for Jack Wood to attempt an acrobatic effort from the edge of the area but it troubled nobody.

Half-time: Aylesbury 1-2 Berkhamsted

The Ducks came out flying for the second half as goal machine Mitford struck the leveller. Hercules wonderfully made his way down the right-hand side before charging into the opposition area and cutting back for Mitford to fire into the bottom right corner. 2-2

On the 55th minute, Murphy became the second Comrade to go into the book after receiving yellow for a foul on Hercules.

Minutes later, Matt Peake-Pijnan crossed towards the box from distance, skipper Jack Wood beat the offside trap but could only direct his header wide. Horatio Hirst would come dangerously close to giving the Ducks the lead on the hour mark, as he found himself one on one with the Berkhamsted keeper but couldn’t get it past him, as Comas-Leon tipped his attempt wide.

Berkhamsted would make the first change of the game as Jones would be replaced by Louis Austin. The change would have instant impact as a long throw from Austin was headed goal-wards by Bateman, only for Davis to somehow claw the ball out of the top corner to keep the scores level.

The Ducks first change would see Bewley make way for Harry Jones. Chris Crook would also be given a yellow card for kicking the ball away on the 69th minute.

Berkhamsted would dubiously retake the lead on the 76th minute as a series of tough challenges from both sides would allow the ball to bobble towards Jonathon Lacey and the ball looked to have struck his hand. However, he continued whereas the Ducks stopped. Lacey’s attempt on goal would be saved but would only fall kindly to Bateman who headed home. 3-2 Berkhamsted

Hogg would get himself a yellow card for dissent towards the referee after making his views clear.

Three minutes later it was 4-2 to the Comrades as a corner from Elliott Godfrey would end up in a goalmouth scramble and Kinnane would bundle the ball into the Ducks goal. 4-2 Berkhamsted

Berkhamsted would have a series of chances in the last ten minutes. First, Summerfield would cleverly run through towards the Ducks defence and backheel the ball into the path of Bateman, but he would sky his shot over the bar. Minutes later Austin would steal the ball of Wood and chip the ball over the bar giving Aylesbury a huge let off.

The game would slowly draw to a close with Aylesbury coming away with nothing from the fixture. Mitford increases his ever-growing goal tally to six in six and United will now have their eyes on a clash at The Meadow against top of the league Peterborough Sports.