Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Aylesbury United

0 4

Peterborough Sports

  Half-time: (0-2)  
      Archie DAVISPlayer Image1
      Ollie HOGGPlayer Image2
      Matt PEAKE-PIJNENPlayer Image3
      Jack WOODPlayer Image4
      Chris CROOKPlayer Image5
      14 75m Kierran LATAILLEPlayer Image6
      Max HERCULESPlayer Image7
      Greg WILLIAMSPlayer Image8
      12 68m Tre MITFORDPlayer Image9
      Ben SEATONPlayer Image10
      18 58m Jake BEWLEYPlayer Image11
      9 68m Aaron BERRYPlayer Image12
      6 75m Harry JONESPlayer Image14
      Ollie JONESPlayer Image17
      11 58m Benjamin AGHADIUNOPlayer Image18
        Ben WILLIAMSManager ImageM
      Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/www/vhosts/aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/httpdocs/match.php on line 2529

      Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/www/vhosts/aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/httpdocs/match.php on line 2529

      Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/www/vhosts/aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/httpdocs/match.php on line 2529
      1Player ImageLewis MOAT
      2Player ImageMitch GRIFFITHS
      3Player ImageDan BUCCIERO
      4Player ImagePaul MALONE
      5Player ImageRichard JONES
      6Player ImageDan LAWLOR
      7Player ImageAvelino VIEIRA
      8Player ImageJosh MCCAMMON
      9Player ImageAbduramane MAMADU SANO SANI
      10Player ImageDion SEMBIE-FERRIS
      11Player ImageJosh MOREMAN
      12Player ImageMark JONES 
      14Player ImageLewis WEBB
      15Player ImageRonayne MARSH-BROWN 
      16Player ImageAndre WILLIAMS 
      13Player ImageJames CONNELL
      Match Report



      Match report by Chris Howarth

      Archie Davis produced a number of tremendous saves as The Ducks went down 4-0 to a classy Peterborough Sports side. The Ducks were made to rue missed key chances that could’ve changed the course of the game, however they now sit off the back of two defeats in a row heading into the festive season.

      A quiet start suddenly burst into life in the 8th minute with Peterborough Sports testing the hands of Davis. Joshua Moreman drove down the line and produced a good low driven cross to Abduramane Sano-Sali. The striker turned his man and struck an effort which was wonderfully tipped wide by Davis. After 15 minutes, Peterborough continued to press, Moreman again charged down the left-hand side and shifted the ball to Dion Sembie-Ferris who cleverly lost his man and flicked a great pass through towards Avelino Viera, the winger’s shot was blocked over by the backtracking Matt Peake-Pijnan.

      The first goal came from the resulting corner, Vieira swung his cross in and Paul Malone rose highest to meet the ball and place it home with his head. 1-0 Peterborough Sports

      The game fell quiet and chances were few and far between for both sides. The Ducks ideas were being held off by the two Peterborough Sports centre backs and Keeper Lewis Moat swept away any danger.

      On 41 minutes, Peterborough had another chance, a corner swung in by Dan Lawlor met the head of Malone again, but this time his header was held well. Only 1 minute was added on by the official, but that minute had plenty to talk about. The Ducks came within inches of levelling the scores when Max Hercules placed a cross onto the foot of goal machine Tre Mitford but his attempt was miraculously clawed off the line by Moat. The resulting clearance fell directly to Sembie-Ferris and the Peterborough number 10 drove at the United back line and curled his shot into the bottom corner. 2-0 Peterborough Sports

      There was only twenty seconds between the two chances and the goal came in the second minute of added time leaving the Ducks fans frustrated at Half Time.

      Half-time: Aylesbury 0-2 Peterborough Sports

      5 minutes after the break, Davis was again called into action. Sano-Sali won the ball off Ollie Hogg and twisted his way into the box before firing towards goal, however, he was denied when Davis pushed the ball from the top corner. Peterborough Sports were causing the Ducks problems from set pieces and on the 55th minute, they went close again. Lawler placed his free kick onto Malone’s head but he could only direct it wide.

      A minute later, the Ducks went close. A set piece of their own caused problems as Ollie Hogg whipped a free kick to the near post but Jack Wood could only flick the ball wide. A minute later, another chance came for the Ducks. Lovely football between Mitford and Greg Williams allowed the latter to strike wide of the post. Benji Aghadiuno then replaced Jake Bewley.

      Within seconds of coming on, Aghadiuno found his way through and was brought down by keeper Moat for a Ducks penalty with an hour played. Mitford stepped up but he fired the penalty over the bar and was unable to pull one back for the Ducks.

      On the 67th minute, Peterborough went dangerously close to making it 3. Mitch Griffiths stepped up to take a free kick from the edge of the box and floated a shot over the wall and off the post. The Ducks second change came directly after this with Aaron Berry making his return from injury, replacing Mitford.

      The Ducks continued their charge, Berry made space latching onto a ball down the left-hand side and crossed in towards the on-rushing Williams. But he headed wide of the mark. The Ducks then made another change, Harry Jones came on for Kierran Lataille with 15 minutes to play.

      On the 79th minute, Peterborough Sports had their third. Sembie-Ferris skilfully guided his way through the Ducks defence again and shifted inside before smashing into the top corner giving Davis no chance. 3-0 Peterborough Sports

      10 minutes later, it was 4. Malone again rising highest from a corner to head past Davis, Peterborough showing their dominance from set pieces. 4-0 Peterborough Sports

      The result leaves the Ducks feeling glum going into Christmas, however the score-line doesn’t justify the full course of the game. United can take some credit from some of their chance creation but just couldn’t finish them off. The next test is an away trip to Thame United on Boxing Day which is a 1 o’clock kick off for all fans.