Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Aylesbury United

1 4

Didcot Town

  Half-time: (1-4)  
      Ashley JENKINSPlayer Image1
      Anthony BALLPlayer Image2
      Jake BEWLEYPlayer Image3
      (c) Jack WOODPlayer Image4
      Chris CROOKPlayer Image5
      Harry TUCKERPlayer Image6
      Max HERCULESPlayer Image7
      Greg WILLIAMSPlayer Image8
      12 60m Aaron BERRYPlayer Image9
      18 60m Ollie HOGGPlayer Image10
      17 60m Harry JONESPlayer Image11
      9 60m Tre MITFORDPlayer Image12
      Callum MAPLEYPlayer Image14
      11 60m Sonny FRENCHPlayer Image17
      10 60m Ben SEATONPlayer Image18
      Archie DAVISPlayer Image13
        Ben WILLIAMSManager ImageM
      1Player ImageLeigh BEDWELL
      2Player ImageSam BARDER
      3Player ImageCameron MCNEIL
      4Player ImageLewis HAYDEN
      5Player ImageLuke CARNELL
      6Player ImageAdam LEAROYD (c)
      7Player ImageJohn DENNIS15 77m 
      8Player ImageCallum MCNISH
      9Player ImageLance WILLIAMS
      10Player ImageSeth HUMPHRIES12 73m 
      11Player ImageGreg HACKETT14 68m 
      12Player ImageDavid MURPHY10 73m 
      14Player ImageMorgan WILLIAMS11 68m 
      15Player ImageBrett GARDNER7 77m 
      16Player ImageAndy BALLARD
      Match Report



      Match report by Chris Howarth

      Max Hercules provided a sensational goal as the Ducks went down 4-1 at home to Didcot Town.

      An explosive start led to the Ducks going 1-0 down inside 3 minutes of the game. A pinpoint cross from Callum McNish looped over the United defence and landed on Greg Hackett’s head, he dispatched his header low underneath Ducks stopper Ashley Jenkins. 1-0 Didcot

      With 10 minutes gone, the Ducks were level. After some phenomenal football from the Ducks, Ollie Hogg switched the ball to Max Hercules. The winger beat two men by cutting inside from the right and fired a strike straight into the top corner. 1-1

      Less than a minute later, The Ducks were behind again, a cross from the right-hand side led to a scramble in the United area and McNish was there to poke the ball home for Didcot’s second. 2-1 Didcot

      On 13 minutes, bad became worse for the Ducks. Luke Carnell rose highest from a corner to head goal-wards but was denied by Jenkins, however the ball fell kindly for John Dennis to head home the rebound. 3-1 Didcot

      Just before the 20-minute mark, United tried to find their way back, another great phase of play from the Ducks led to Jake Bewley setting up Hogg on the edge of the box but he could only dispatch over. 5 minutes later, Hogg had another attempt. The ball bobbled nicely towards the midfielder but he could only strike high over the bar.

      With 30 minutes gone, Didcot began to assert themselves again. The visitors moved the ball around nicely until McNish grabbed the ball 25 yards out and fired wide. The Ducks came straight back, Harry Tucker cleverly beat his man and got to the edge of the Town box before shooting into the stands.

      The away side continued to cause problems for The Ducks and on 36 minutes, they should’ve made it four. Dennis did well to get past his man and charged down the right-hand side, he drilled a cross low into the box and it caused more of an issue than it should’ve when Jenkins could only parry it into the danger area, eventually the scramble was cleared.

      With five minutes to play before the break, Didcot made it 4. A free-kick on the edge of the box was whipped up and over the wall by Seth Humphries and into the bottom corner. 4-1 Didcot

      The Ducks needed a big second half to get back into this one.

      Half-time: Aylesbury 1-4 Didcot

      The second half began nowhere near to the pace of the first, with both sides becoming scrappy in their play and making big challenges which led to some confrontation. With 58 minutes played, Didcot were first to make a half chance, McNish grabs the ball 20 yards out but his effort is simple for Jenkins.

      On the hour mark, Ducks boss Ben Williams made all three of his changes at once, Ben Seaton, Tre Mitford and Sonny French replaced Hogg, Harry Jones and Aaron Berry. Didcot remained relentless, pressing right back Anthony Ball into an error, Lance Williams grabbed the loose ball but could only curl his effort wide with 63 minutes played.

      With 20 minutes to play, David Murphy replaces Humphries for Didcot, and he was immediately into the action. He cleverly controlled the ball and released McNish down the right but the midfielder struck direct at Jenkins.

      The game fell horrendously quiet with neither side able to break each other down, with five minutes to play Jenkins threw the ball into his own net. A huge misjudgement on his throw out led to him scrambling after the ball that trickled towards goal and hit the Ducks post. A minute later he responded with a big fingertip save to deny Adam Learoyd.

      The Ducks responded strong in defence in the second half and the game fizzled to a close at 1-4. A first loss in 2019 for United and Williams’ men will now turn their attention to an away trip to Welwyn Garden City.