Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Aylesbury United

1 1

Cambridge City

  Half-time: (0-1)  
Archie DAVISPlayer Image1
Anthony BALLPlayer Image2
17 68m Chris CROOKPlayer Image3
(c) Jack WOODPlayer Image4
Callum MAPLEYPlayer Image5
Ollie HOGGPlayer Image6
14 57m Oran SWALESPlayer Image7
Greg WILLIAMSPlayer Image8
Tre MITFORDPlayer Image9
Aaron BERRYPlayer Image10
Sonny FRENCHPlayer Image11
Harry JONESPlayer Image12
7 57m Max HERCULESPlayer Image14
3 68m Jake BEWLEYPlayer Image17
  Ben WILLIAMSManager ImageM
1Player ImageJamie HEAD
2Player ImageRoss PATERSON (c)
3Player ImageSeb SIMPSON
4Player ImageJosh SIMPSON
5Player ImageKeano ROBINSON
6Player ImageJordan ODOFIN
7Player ImageNathan OLUKANMI16 85m 
8Player ImageAdam WATKINS
9Player ImageJoel GYASI
10Player ImageRyan SHARMAN12 67m 
11Player ImageLucas DE LA RUELLE14 55m 
12Player ImageIsaac MAYNARD10 67m 
14Player ImageTobi ADEKUNLE11 55m 
15Player ImageHarvey BULLIN
16Player ImageMikey DAVIS7 85m 
17Player ImageDave THEOBALD
MManager ImageRobbie NIGHTINGALE
Match Report



Match report by Chris Howarth

Aaron Berry tucked home a last-minute leveller as the Ducks fought back to earn a point at home to Cambridge City. United sustained a huge amount of pressure from the visitors with Archie Davis pulling out several tremendous saves.

Looking to bounce back from the defeat against Berkhamsted last week, The Ducks nearly found themselves with a perfect start. Less than a minute into play, a long ball pumped over the top of the visitor’s defence allowed Tre Mitford in to round the opposition goalkeeper, his effort on goal was blocked out for a corner by Keano Robinson to deny a clear goal.

The game quickly became a chess match with both sides taking turns at breaking each other down. With 12 minutes gone, City had their first real chance of the match. A marauding run from Nathan Olukanmi put himself beyond the Ducks defence, he looked to finish but was wonderfully denied by Archie Davis.

3 minutes later the Ducks found themselves behind. A throw-in down the line bounced kindly to allow Ryan Sharman in down the left, he cut back for Olukanmi who took a touch and then dispatched into the top corner. 1-0 Cambridge

Davis showed his athleticism after 20 minutes producing a wonderful save. Great football from the visitors allowed Sharman to set up Joel Gyasi on the volley, his effort was powered towards the top-corner, but Davis acrobatically got himself there to push the ball out for a corner.

Just after the half hour mark, the Ducks were again living dangerously. Gyasi got down the right-hand side and drilled a cross into Lucas De La Ruelle, the winger tapped towards goal however, Anthony Ball got himself back in time to clear off the line, somehow keeping the game at 0-1.

The last chance of the half again went to Cambridge, De La Ruelle crossed in for Gyasi who acrobatically fired wide. The Ducks went into half time behind and chasing the game.

Half-time: Aylesbury 0-1 Cambridge

The second half began at a rapid pace, a minute in, Gyasi headed a long throw in from Robinson towards goals, Davis somehow rose to tip it onto the bar to deny the Cambridge winger. The Ducks went straight up the other end. Ollie Hogg pushed a ball through to Aaron Berry down the right-hand side, he drilled a cross to Mitford who tapped goal-wards but was fantastically denied by Jamie Head.

5 minutes into the second half, Ball found himself in the book for a challenge on Adam Watkins. The Ducks then also made their first change bringing Max Hercules on for Oran Swales.

Just before the hour mark, Mitford turned nothing into something by wonderfully turning himself away from two defenders. The ball eventually found its way to Hogg who delivered a cross to the back post where Hercules’ header was denied by Head.

With 25 minutes to go, Chris Crook found himself in the book for going in from behind on Toby Adekunle. Crook was then replaced by Jake Bewley in the Ducks second change.

After 75 minutes, the Ducks were beginning to press. Callum Mapley headed a Hogg free-kick back across goal but nobody was there to get on the end of it. 5 minutes later Mitford twisted and turned on the edge of the box to lose his man before firing in Head’s arms.

In the last 5 minutes, The Ducks were hit on the break, the visitors countered quickly by sending Gyasi down the right-hand side, he charged into the box before firing on goal but was denied by Davis.

The Ducks continued to press all the way until the end and in the last minute found their breakthrough. The pressure proved too much for the visitors as a deep cross from Hercules was flicked on by Jack Wood. The ball fell to Aaron Berry who touched down and fired into the bottom corner. 1-1

This proved to be the last sequence in the game as the Ducks came through to earn a point. A special mention for Mike Hogg and Paul Batchelor who took the side while Ben Williams is away. Next up for the Ducks, Dunstable Town travel to the Meadow and another Evo-Stik Southern League encounter.