Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Aylesbury United

0 3

Bromsgrove Sporting

  Half-time: (0-1)  
Archie DAVISPlayer Image1
Harry JONESPlayer Image2
Jake BEWLEYPlayer Image3
(c) Jack WOODPlayer Image4
Callum MAPLEYPlayer Image5
Sonny FRENCHPlayer Image6
14 83m Max HERCULESPlayer Image7
Greg WILLIAMSPlayer Image8
12 64m Aaron BERRYPlayer Image9
Tre MITFORDPlayer Image10
17 64m Maciej TAJSPlayer Image11
9 64m Collins TAKAITEIPlayer Image12
7 83m Connor HEARNPlayer Image14
11 64m Jacob HUTCHINSONPlayer Image17
Jack HOPWOODPlayer Image13
  Ben WILLIAMSManager ImageM
1Player ImageJonathan BROWN
2Player ImageTom RANKIN
3Player ImageJack WILSON
4Player ImageLiam SPINK
5Player ImageAaron ROBERTS
6Player ImageKyle LINCOLN
7Player ImageJohn PYKETT
8Player ImageJosh QUAYNOR
9Player ImageJason COWLEY17 77m 
10Player ImageRichard GREGORY16 46m 
11Player ImageDan O'SULLIVAN14 55m 
12Player ImageTom MASSEY
14Player ImageJake HEATH11 55m 
15Player ImageCharlie DOWD
16Player ImageCameron PETERS10 46m 
17Player ImageMatt HIGGINS9 77m 
Match Report



Match report by Chris Howarth

A bright Easter Weekend sun beamed across the Meadow turf as the Ducks hosted second place Bromsgrove Sporting in their penultimate home game of the season. Having suffered defeats against Peterborough Sports and Corby Town in the last two outings, the Ducks were looking for a change of fortunes against a team placed in between their last two opponents in the table.

The game got off to the worst possible start for the Ducks as they came under pressure from the off. Inside two minutes, Jason Cowley found himself in behind the United defence and was one on one with Archie Davis however, he couldn’t find the finish as he slotted the ball wide of the post.

Less than a minute later, Sporting made the breakthrough. Cowley again found himself one on one with Davis and this time made no mistake as he calmly found the bottom right corner with a sweeping effort. 1-0 Bromsgrove

The Ducks grew into the tie and should’ve been level after 10 minutes. Jake Bewley drifted wide right and drove a cross low into the box, Aaron Berry took a touch and had two stabs at goal, the first being blocked and the second scuffing its way towards Greg Williams, he then had an effort of his own which was denied superbly by Jonathan Brown in the Sporting goal.

With 15 minutes played, Sporting pressed once more. Williams brought down Cowley on the edge of the box after a clever run. The Sporting striker stepped up to take the free kick and rattled the cross-bar with his curling effort.

With chances falling few and far between for both sides, United were next to go have a crack with 34 minutes played. Tre Mitford snuck in between the Sporting defence but could only poke his effort narrowly wide.

With five minutes to play before half time, Bromsgrove hit the Ducks on the break and a beautiful cross-field ball from Richard Gregory found Cowley once again face to face with Davis. The Sporting striker attempted to round Davis but was magnificently denied when the United stopper managed to claw the ball away from Cowley’s feet and clutched it to his chest.

Half-time: Aylesbury 0-1 Bromsgrove

5 minutes into the second half and it was the visitors pushing once again. Cowley drove at the Ducks defence before feeding Daniel O’Sullivan in down the left, he took a touch and fired on goal but was denied well by Davis.

With half an hour to play, the visitors doubled their lead. Cowley drove his effort goalwards and was pushed away by Davis but, only as far as Cameron Peters who volleyed into an empty net. 2-0 Bromsgrove

The Ducks responded with two changes with Collins Takaitei and Jacob Hutchinson replacing Berry and Maceij Tajs.

On 70 minutes, Joshua Quaynor was booked for a late challenge on Callum Mapley. From the resulting free kick, the ball was drifted towards Jack Wood who went down under a challenge from Liam Spink but the appeal for a penalty was turned down.

With 15 minutes to play, Cowley once again fired an effort on goal but found his low drive denied by Davis. Inside the last 10, Bromsgrove kept pushing. John Pykett drove a free-kick low, but it was smashed away from the near post by Mapley. The Ducks final change came on 84 minutes, Max Hercules was replaced by Connor Hearn.

On 86 minutes, Bromsgrove delivered the final nail in the coffin. Jack Wilson skilfully drove his way through the Ducks back line before firing low into the bottom right corner. 3-0 Bromsgrove

The game closed at 0-3. Another defeat for the Ducks but the score line makes for harsh reading on how the fixture played out. Next up is a derby day for United as they travel to Aylesbury FC on Easter Monday.