Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



Match report by Chris Howarth

Max Hercules scored the pick of the four goals in a 2-2 draw against Barton Rovers in the last day of the league season. United walked into this one off the back of three defeats in a row and were looking to go out on a high note.

The Ducks flew out of the blocks creating chances from the off, playing what looked to be a three at the back it seemed to allow more control of the ball through the middle of the pitch. On the 8th minute, Sonny French swung a cross just above Jack Wood’s head, the ball dropped kindly for Tre Mitford however, he saw his effort blocked.

4 minutes later, The Ducks had the lead. Mitford latched onto French’s through ball, drove on towards goal and coolly slotted beyond the Rovers keeper into the bottom corner. 1-0 Aylesbury

With 19 minutes played, United could’ve made it two! Callum Mapley took a long free kick into the box, Wood acrobatically threw a leg towards the ball and volleyed it over the head of the goalkeeper. However, the ball agonisingly bounced off the far post and fell back into play.

Minutes later, Rovers levelled the tie. Tony Williams found himself clear in the box and headed the ball into the back of the net from a Victor Osobu cross. 1-1

On 28 minutes, The Ducks would retake the lead in tremendous fashion. Hercules grabbed the ball and with 20 yards between him and the goal, he unleashed a rocket of a strike that flew into the top corner leaving Gary Malone in the Rovers goal no chance. 2-1 Aylesbury

After the half hour mark, United were allowed the ball in a dangerous area through a poor clearance from Malone. Hercules shifted the ball to Aaron Berry, he moved it on for Mitford, but his effort was deflected wide.

With 8 minutes to play before half time, Barton Rovers levelled the game once more. Osobu directed a corner onto the head of Robbie Goodman and despite all of Archie Davis’ best efforts, the ball made its way over the line and levelled the scores. 2-2

Half-time: Aylesbury 2-2 Barton

After the opening of the second half, both sides showed their intent. On 53 minutes, The Ducks began to work the ball around nicely, Hercules spread the ball out wide to Jake Bewley. He then rolled the ball in towards Mitford just inside the box, Mitford then found Berry who eventually set Greg Williams, but his effort was well held by Malone.

5 minutes later, Davis was then called into action. Osobu drove down the right for Rovers and cut the ball back for Williams in the middle, what looked to be a certain goal was denied as from close range, Davis leapt to his right and managed to hold onto Williams effort.

The Ducks made two changes to shake the game up, Chris Crook and Harry Jones were replaced by Anthony Ball and Majiec Taj. Greg Williams was also booked for a late challenge in the last ten minutes of the fixture.

With 7 minutes to play, Berry nearly had the winner for the Ducks. The striker drove down the right and outmuscled his defender, with the ball on the bounce he lofted it over Malone’s head but as if time was in slow motion, the ball eventually dropped just wide of the mark.

A share of the points in the last day of the season for the Ducks. It’s now time for the players to enjoy the summer after a season of hard work before the fun begins all over again in July. On a personal note, the club would like to thank all the fans for the amazing support both home and away this year after plenty of long journeys along the way. You’ve been fantastic and made sure The Ducks voice was always heard.