Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Aylesbury United

2 0

Coleshill Town

  Half-time: (1-0)  
    Jack HOPWOODPlayer Image1
    Anthony BALLPlayer Image2
    Jake BEWLEYPlayer Image3
    (c) Jack WOODPlayer Image4
    Jordan JENKINSPlayer Image5
    Mark RIDDICKPlayer Image6
    Ollie HOGGPlayer Image7
    12 69m Lewis OSBORNEPlayer Image8
    Ken FEYIPlayer Image9
    14 83m Sonny FRENCHPlayer Image10
    717 53m Harry JONESPlayer Image11
    8 69m Ben SEATONPlayer Image12
    10 83m Greg WILLIAMSPlayer Image14
    Jacob HUTCHINSONPlayer Image15
    Derek FEYIPlayer Image16
    11 53m Sydney IBIEPlayer Image17
      Ben WILLIAMSManager ImageM
    1Player ImageMatt COTON
    2Player ImageJoe COLE
    3Player ImageJoshua WEBB16 46m 
    4Player ImageMatt JACKSON (c)
    5Player ImageRudy MISAMBO12 62m 
    6Player ImageKeenan MEAKIN-RICHARDS
    7Player ImageLiam MOLESWORTH14 76m 
    8Player ImageJoe SMITH
    9Player ImageLuke KEEN
    10Player ImageGiovanni DAINTY
    11Player ImageAmavir SANDU
    12Player ImageKieron DAWES5 62m 
    14Player ImageMatt GARDNER7 76m 
    15Player ImageMax BROGAN
    16Player ImageEdison PANZO-ANTONIO3 46m 
    Match Report



    Match report by Ian Pluck

    Following the disappointment of last week’s FA Cup exit, manager Ben Williams chose to freshen up his starting line-up. Out of the team went Dave O’Connor (injured), Melvy N’Somi, Ben Seaton and Sydney Ibie, replaced by Anthony Ball, Lewis Osborne, Ken Feyi and Harry Jones.

    The visitors started brightly; Jack Wood penalised by referee Russell Jones for a foul on the left of the penalty area. The free kick was taken by Joseph Smith and was met by the head of Matthew Jackson, but his header flew across the face of goal and away to safety. Jackson was soon to feel the wrath of referee Russell Jones, incurring what looked to be a soft yellow card for a tug on Harry Jones as he tried to run past him. From the resulting free kick, Jake Bewley’s delivery to the far post was headed back across goal to Lewis Osbourne, unmarked 6 yards out, but he could only direct his header over the cross bar.

    On 18 minutes Jack Hopwood chased out of his goal but was beaten to the ball by Amaruir Sandhu, clipping the striker as he took the ball away from him. Joshua Webb took the free kick which was met at the near post by the head of Liam Molesworth, but like the earlier efforts again it was off target.

    On 25 minutes the Ducks had a golden opportunity to open the scoring; a long ball forward from Ollie Hogg found Harry Jones, who headed the ball towards Jack Wood on the penalty spot. His opposing skipper Jackson again fell foul of the referee, who adjudged that he had pushed Wood to the ground and awarded a penalty. Up stepped Ken Feyi to take the penalty, choosing to shoot to the keeper’s right side, but Coton made a fine save, pushing the ball away for a corner.

    Just after the half hour and the see saw nature of the chances continued; this time, another Webb free kick was met by Rudy Misambo just a yard out, but under pressure from Jordan Jenkins he could only direct his header over the bar, finding himself in the back of the net and needing treatment for his efforts.

    The deadlock was broken in the 35th minute, a long ball forward bounced over Misambo and was collected by Feyi. As Coton advanced from his goal the striker lifted the ball over his head and watched anxiously as it headed towards goal, rebounding off the post and over the line, confirmed by the assistant referee as a defender made a desperate effort to keep the ball out. 1-0 Aylesbury

    Coleshill came close to equalising with 7 minutes remaining in the half. Jenkins was challenged in the air by Luke Keen 20 yards out and was adjudged to have handled the ball. From the resulting free kick, central to the goal, Molesworth stepped up but could only shoot straight at Hopwood, who gratefully clutched the ball at the second attempt.

    Half-time: Aylesbury 1-0 Coleshill

    Into the second half and an enforced substitution on 53 minutes, as loanee Sydney Ibie was introduced in place of Harry Jones who went off after suffering a knock. Three minutes later good work down the left by Jake Bewley and Feyi teed Hogg up 18 yards out, but his shot was sliced horribly wide of the goal. In the 72nd minute a cross into the penalty was cleared as far as Giovanni Dainty 30 yards out from goal. His powerful goal bound strike ricocheted off team mate Keen and into Hopwood’s arms.

    Three minutes later and the lead was doubled. Hogg and Bewley exchanged passes before Bewley’s low cross was met by Ibie at the far post to slot the ball past Coton into the far corner. 2-0 Aylesbury

    The last action of the match saw visiting skipper Jackson receive a second yellow card and subsequent red card for voicing his opinions too forcefully after his side had conceded a free kick on the edge of the penalty area. Hogg stepped up to take the free kick, but saw his effort fly narrowly over the crossbar.

    So, another clean sheet, but crucially the first home goals, which take the Ducks to 3rd position in the league table on goal difference from AFC Dunstable. 12 points from the first 6 matches of the season is a fine return. Next up a trip to the Eyrie to face Bedford Town, a team who have become something of a bogey team in recent seasons.