Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com

Saturday 23rd November 2019

BetVictor Southern League Division One Central

Sharpenhoe Road, Barton-le-Clay Attendance: 108

Barton Rovers

2 4

Aylesbury United

  Half-time: (1-2)  
    Kyle FORSTERPlayer Image1
    12 74m Jerome JIBODUPlayer Image2
    (c) Garry JONESPlayer Image3
    Charlie SMITHPlayer Image4
    John SONUGAPlayer Image5
    Lewis THOMASPlayer Image14
    Victor OSOBUPlayer Image7
    10 60m Sam GIBSONPlayer Image19
    16 86m Connor VINCENTPlayer Image9
    Nathan TSHIKUNAPlayer Image17
    Connor FURLONGPlayer Image15
    Dan OLANIRANPlayer Image6
    19 60m Tony WILLIAMSPlayer Image10
    2 74m Taishan GRIFFITHPlayer Image12
    9 86m Leon OKUBOYEJOPlayer Image16
      Tony FONTANELLEManager ImageM
    1Player ImageJack HOPWOOD7
    2Player ImageHarry JONES8
    3Player ImageJake BEWLEY7
    4Player ImageJack WOOD (c)7
    5Player ImageDave O'CONNOR7
    6Player ImageMark RIDDICK7
    7Player ImageJamie RUDD12 66m 7
    8Player ImageOllie HOGG7
    9Player ImageKen FEYI8
    10Player ImageSonny FRENCH15 80m 9
    11Player ImageTy DEACON14 74m 7
    12Player ImageBen SEATON7 66m 
    14Player ImageJamie JELLIS11 74m 
    15Player ImageGreg WILLIAMS10 80m 
    MManager ImageBen WILLIAMS
    Match Report



    Match report by Ian Pluck

    Following last week’s win against Bedworth, there were two changes to the starting XI. Jordan Jenkins, still suffering from the groin injury that forced him off last week, was replaced by Dave O’Connor, with Jamie Rudd making his full debut after completing his recovery from injury, with Jamie Jellis taking a seat on the bench for what was the last match of his loan spell.

    The Ducks started brightly on a pitch which more resembled a rugby pitch, given the height of the grass. Jake Bewley played the ball infield to Ken Feyi, who looked up and hit a curling shot narrowly wide of the far post.

    On 10 minutes a throw in on the left was returned to the thrower Garry Jones, whose cross picked out Victor Osobu unmarked 10 yards out, but his header was wide of the target .

    From the goal kick, Harry Jones did well on the right wing, before playing the ball to Feyi, who showed strength to hold off his marker and passed to Sonny French 20 yards out; he looked up and hit an unerring shot with his left foot into the top corner of the net. 1-0 Aylesbury

    In the 18th minute, O’Connor was adjudged to have fouled Osobu 30 yards out; from the resulting free kick, ex Duck Nathan Tshikuna saw his ambitious effort easily fielded by Jack Hopwood. Six minutes later, a weak clearance fell to Osobu, who found Charlie Smith 25 yards out, but the midfielder’s shot was high and wide of the target.

    The lead should have doubled in the 24th minute. Great work again by Jones on the right side saw him beat his man and get a cross to the far post, which was met by Rudd. His effort was well saved by home keeper Kyle Forster, with the rebound falling to Ty Deacon 6 yards out, but his goal bound shot was deflected away for a corner.

    Two minutes later, Feyi did well on the left to find Ollie Hogg, who in turn found French 25 yards out. This time his shot was just wide of the target.

    Tshikuna was next to threaten, picking the ball up on the left wing before cutting inside Jones and firing a cross cum shot into the penalty area just evading the outstretched foot of Connor Vincent at the far post.

    With 10 minutes to go to half time the hosts equalised. Osobu fired in a good cross from the right, where former Ducks loanee Connor Furlong stole in at the far post to side foot home. 1-1

    The home side thought they had taken the lead 3 minutes later. After O’Connor was penalised for a foul on Vincent, Smith played a dangerous ball into the 6-yard box, where it was forced home, only for the referee to rule the goal out for offside.

    There was to be another goal before half time, but it was to be the Ducks who scored it. Hogg picked the ball up on the half way line and chipped over the defence to Feyi, who took his time and lobbed the ball over the advancing Forster to restore the lead. 2-1 Aylesbury

    Half-time: Barton 1-2 Aylesbury

    Three minutes into the second half and Feyi had his second. Rudd and Jones combined on the right before Jones cut inside his defender and crossed to Feyi at the far post, who volleyed home. Like his first goal, this also had a suspicion of offside, but the officials were content to let the goal stand. 3-1 Aylesbury

    The good start to the half continued, with Rudd picking the ball up in midfield and spraying it wide to Deacon. He held off his marker before returning the ball to Rudd 25 yards out who tried his luck, but his shot sailed over the cross bar.

    From the next attack, the home side forced a corner, which Osobu took short to Smith; his looped cross was cleared as far as Furlong, whose shot from 20 yards was over the bar.

    Just before the hour mark, a driving run down the left from Bewley was followed by a low cross which was deflected out to French 20 yards out. He calmly took a touch and picked his spot to score his 5th goal in 3 games to stretch the lead. 3-1 Aylesbury

    In the 68th minute Feyi had a glorious chance to secure his hat trick. A sweet move involving French and Deacon saw the striker played in towards the penalty area. He held off the challenge of John Sonuga to drive into the penalty area and around Forster as he rushed off his line, but his shot from an acute angle was cleared off the line by a covering defender.

    With 73 minutes played the lead was reduced. A deep cross from Furlong on the right side of the penalty area was met at the far post by substitute Tony Williams to head home, despite Hopwood getting a hand to the ball on its way in. 2-4

    Two minutes later and the hosts could have had a third. A great run down the right flank by substitute Taishan Griffith resulted in a cross to Williams again lurking at the far post; this time his header hitting the post and going across goal before being cleared to safety.

    With 10 minutes remaining, Feyi linked with substitute Jellis on the right, before firing a shot across goal which was deflected wide for a corner. From Hogg’s delivery Mark Riddick rose highest to meet the ball, but his header struck the far post, rebounding to Forster before it could cross the line.

    The Ducks saw out the final minutes of the game comfortably to record their 4th consecutive win, in the process rising to 3rd place in the league.

    Next up, 5th placed Welwyn Garden City at home next Saturday. With the team playing some fantastic football at present and scoring some very well taken goals, it should be a date for all Ducks fans to put in their diaries.