Powered by PrivacyPolicies.com
Match Report



A goal after 15 seconds, twenty minute hat-trick, threatened comeback and goalkeeper red card all combined for a game full of talking points as Aylesbury took their first league win of the season 5-2 at Kidlington.

A storming start saw Ty Deacon score straight from kick off before going on to take just 21 minutes to become the club’s first treble scorer almost seven years to the day since Zack Reynolds last netted an Aylesbury United hat-trick.

Deacon – involved for the first time after his carried over suspension – was rapidly involved, scoring probably the fastest goal in the club’s history. Straight from kick off the ball was played through to Max Hercules darting through the defence, and as the goalkeeper advanced to narrow the angle he unselfishly squared for Deacon to smash into the roof of the net. 1-0 Aylesbury

The Ducks had the ball in the net again following a ninth minute corner, but it was disallowed by the referee for a foul on the keeper.

Kidlington threatened for the first time when they broke clear for a one-on-one but Weatherill was quickly off his line to make the block.

Dave O’Connor was next to go close as United kept up the pressure on their hosts as his looping header came back off the upright with Jamie Rudd following up with the goal gaping, but finding the angle against him.

Deacon’s second then arrived when some great hassling in midfield by Ollie Hogg forced Kidlington to lose the ball, where it rebounded into the path of Deacon who ran through and calmly slotted past Lawrence. 2-0 Aylesbury

With Kidlington still reeling, less than a minute later and Ty claimed the matchball too, with the pick of the bunch. Once again, Aylesbury’s hard work won the ball back on the edge of the box, and Deacon sent a screaming shot from outside the area into the corner giving Lawrence no chance. 3-0 Aylesbury

Despite the mountain facing them, and to their great credit, Kidlington refused to lie down and as the half hour mark passed they began to grow into the game and enjoy their best spell.

A ball in from the right found John Mills who produced a fine turn and volley that flew wide, before the hosts then hit the bar moments later.

Suddenly it was one-way traffic and it was no surprise when, with a low shot from winger Billy Gillett, Kidlington reduced the deficit as the Ducks struggled to clear their lines. 1-3

Chances continued to come Kiddy’s way, and Mills was inches wide when he was put in behind the defence, before Gillett cut inside from the right flank and curled a shot off target.

The hosts then won a penalty, although it stemmed from a failed Aylesbury corner routine that Kidlington broke swiftly and Jake Bewley was penalised for a foul. Centre half Dec Peart stepped up and although Weatherill got his hands to it, could not prevent it finding the net. 2-3

In the end, when they should have had the game well under control, Aylesbury were more than happy to hear the half time whistle and take a now slender lead to the dressing room.

Half-time: Kidlington 2-3 Aylesbury

Kidlington would rightly have returned to the field in buoyant mood and harbouring hopes of what had earlier looked an unlikely recovery.

But those hopes were soon wiped out in a similar manner to the way Max Hercules was wiped out by goalkeeper Christian Lawrence as he scampered clean through.

Red card the only option for the referee, and the Ducks took full advantage as Hercules himself stepped up to thump home a direct free kick that went sailing over the head of the outfield player who had replaced Lawrence in goal. 4-2 Aylesbury

Having re-established a two-goal cushion, Aylesbury were able to take a collective sigh of relief and manager Ben Williams opted for a change, bringing on Ezra Anthonio-Forde up front in place of hat-trick hero Ty Deacon.

Yet it was Kidlington who had the next chance as Mills – prolific in his earlier career with Didcot Town and Hereford – waltzed through the defence but produced a weak shot which was easily claimed by Weatherill.

The closing fifteen minutes of the game saw Aylesbury peppering the Kidlington goal with attacks as they sought to increase their advantage.

Anthonio-Forde was unlucky with a long shot that crashed back off the underside of the bar and might well have been over the line as the net rippled, but the assistant referee was in no position to judge.

Hercules and Anthonio-Forde both had further efforts, before United hit the woodwork again through the latter who took Sonny French’s pass, shot on his left foot, but saw it well saved and the ball tipped onto the post.

Finally, Aylesbury did claim a fifth goal. All three substitutes combined as Sonny French applied the finish to fantastic hold up play by Anthonio-Forde – who looked very lively after coming on – with the ball helped on by Jamie Jellis. 5-2 Aylesbury

Ultimately a deserved win and maximum points for the Ducks, but they were made to sweat for a while by their hosts before the big turning point of Lawrence’s red card.