The Evo-Stik League South

Aylesbury United News

Chesham Game OFF

Saturday 26 December 2009 - 11:00 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | No comments |

Today's match at Chesham has been called off due to the snow.

The game will be rearranged for a new date to be advised.

Aylesbury will next be in action on Saturday 2nd January at Leighton Town.


Merry Christmas to you all

Sunday 20 December 2009 - 6:33 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Three comments |

For those of you that didn’t get the opportunity to by a match day programme on Saturday! From the Boardroom…..

Good afternoon and welcome to our last game of the decade at Bell Close.

Also, a very warm welcome to Andy (Woodford Chairman) and all our visitors from Woodford this afternoon, hope you enjoy your short stay with us and have a safe return home - minus 3 points!

It’s been a long a difficult year, probably one of the most challenging to date.

The exodus of the players and management, the attempted destruction of our club, moving back to Leighton, managers that thought they could, along with one (Byron) that we will be ever grateful to, and of course our continual battle in returning home and ultimately playing in Aylesbury as soon as possible.

Aylesbury Vale have made it quite clear they don’t want us.

Therefore, we will continue to search for other alternatives, whilst we push forward with our plans to site a ‘Sports stadium’ in the grounds of Aylesbury College. This is still subject to many conditions. We have to satisfy the College, the council and other parties, that we are serious, and can make this work. I’m confident the actions we are currently taking will succeed if the correct approaches are supported with a positive concise plan. – These will be available for viewing in late January early February 2010.

With regards to next season? I still believe, along with Tony, the team and committee we can escape relegation, and will be playing at Bell Close again next season.

Sponsorship has been tight. Attendances are running on ‘par’ with last year, and with the generous donation from a life long supporter I estimate that we will be able to increase the playing budget and still ‘Break even’ at the end of the season.

Let’s remain positive. Be Strong. Support us as you do, when you can, and in return we will endeavour to deliver the best we can for you, YOUR club will remain the premier football club in Aylesbury.

Finally, On behalf of the players, management, committee, directors and myself wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year.

With best wishes

Graham Read


Aylesbury United Football Club.


Woodford Match OFF

Friday 18 December 2009 - 10:48 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | One comment |

Aylesbury's scheduled game with Woodford United this afternoon has been called off following a 10am pitch inspection.

A new date for the match will be arranged in due course.


Sudbury Score Four as Ducks Crushed

Wednesday 16 December 2009 - 10:11 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Two comments |

Aylesbury's 'mini-revival' of successive draws was brought crashing down by Sudbury who kept to this season's Bell Close de-facto by rattling home four past the Ducks.

Two goals in three minutes from Gareth Heath and Danny Bloomfield in the minutes prior to the interval left Aylesbury a second half mountain to climb on a cold and wet night.

The long and cold winter has certainly appears to have arrived in weather terms, and results-wise things don't look like improving any time soon on a very poor evening for United.

Sudbury were rarely troubled, and veteran stopper Richard Wilmot - a one time custodian of Aylesbury's successful yesteryears - had little to do.

From Aylesbury's point of view it was disappointing that a team with one win in six games weren't given a more testing evening, but goals in the second half from Heath again and debutant Andy Hughes in the last five minutes completed their handsome win.


Sudbury Game ON

Wednesday 16 December 2009 - 3:35 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | No comments |

Tonight's home game against AFC Sudbury has passed a 3.30 pitch inspection and will go ahead.

The match will be a meeting of two of the league's out of form sides, with Sudbury having won just once in their last six games.


Two Points from Two Games, But Ducks Can't Hold On For Three

Saturday 12 December 2009 - 5:14 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | No comments |

For the second time in three days Aylesbury had to make do with a point having engineered themselves a winning position.

The match at fellow strugglers Barton Rovers certainly fulfilled expectations of being a hard fought clash short on quality.

Both sides had their moments in the first half with the highlights Jack Sillitoe making a fine penalty save and Keith Newby hitting the post with a free kick.

It looked like the Ducks had nicked the winner when Russell Bull calamitously fired a corner kick into his own net with a little over 15 minutes remaining.

But Barton had the last laugh when they equalised with a sweeping move after Tyrone Taylor lost the ball, to ensure the division's two worst sides weren't to be separated.


Reserves Win Again

Saturday 12 December 2009 - 4:47 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | One comment |

The reserves played their 3rd game of the season against Wingrave this afternoon.

Although Wingrave are at the bottom of the ADL, they can never be taken lightly and were very competitive. United changed formation today to try and get more control over the central midfield areas and to provide a better, and more varied edge to their attack

The first goal for United came just after 4 minutes when Carl Moreton scored - Duncan Ansell doubled the score from a corner after 20 minutes but Aylesbury saw their lead halved just 2 minutes later after a poor defensive lapse. Dave Daley restored the 2 goal advantage just on the half hour from a well struck free kick and we went into the break at 3-1.

Always important at 3-1 to make sure you get the next goal and this was acheived after 65 minutes with Younis Ilyas finishing a fine move. United then took complete control of the game with Duncan Ansell doubling his tally and Carl Moreton doing likewise with an adept and classy finish. Akeel Khan completed the scoring with 4 minutes to go.

7-1 did not flatter United today and more precise finishing in the first half would have seen double figures - that said, Wingrave are always a mighty physical challenge and are better than their position suggests.

The reserves next game is home to Elmhurst in the Field Shield on Saturday 19th December - this will be at Bedgrove with a 1:30 kick off.


Marlow Match Report

Thursday 10 December 2009 - 5:11 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Two comments |

A much improved performance left the Ducks players, fans and officials feeling it was a case of two points dropped rather than one gained. With Pat Sappleton putting in a commanding performance at centre back, Enzo Silvestri bossing the midfield and forward Shiblu Miah tormenting the Marlow defence the spine of the team looked rock solid. From the first whistle the whole team looked fired up and as if they believed this was a game they could win and to a man they put in 110% effort, playing a high tempo, slick passing game that was a joy to watch.

On nine minutes Miah chased down a forward pass and won a corner, Newby curled the ball into the box and the Marlow keeper dropped the ball but was bailed out by his defence who managed to scramble the ball to safety. This encouraged the Aylesbury players to test the keeper with long range shots, first local lad Daniel Parsons, making his first start, fizzed in a left foot shot, closely followed by another effort from the same sort of range from Tyrone Taylor.

At the half hour mark Keith Newby took a free kick from thirty yards out, which keeper Kieron Drake could only parry into the path of ducks full back Kevin Ayodele, but with an open goal to aim at he managed to put the ball wide.

After thirty six minutes Aylesbury got the goal they deserved when Miah ran the ball to the line before cutting it back into the box where again the goalie fumbled which dropped to Taylor who tucked it into the corner of the net.

H/T 1-0

Aylesbury started the second half as they finished the first, pressing Marlow back into their own half and crafting openings.

Marlow were forced to make a change with the injured Gray being replace by Harmen.

Good work by Miah created a shooting chance for Silvestri but he scuffed his shot and the opportunity was lost. James Nash was booked on fifty five minutes for kicking the ball away and three minutes later after fine work down the right by Parsons, Miah fired straight at the keeper. Two minutes after this Silvestri spotted the goalkeeper off his line and from all of thirty yards lobbed the ball over his head and narrowly past the upright. A minute later and Taylor sent a shot just over the bar as the Ducks kept piling on the pressure as they sought a second goal.

Marlow started to get into the game at this stage as some of the Aylesbury players legs started to slow up and full back Rickelle Christian ran across from right to left to put in a last ditch tackle and eliminate the threat.

At the other end Taylor battled for the ball with Marlow skipper Elsgood who thought he had been fouled and picked up the ball, giving the referee no choice but to award a penalty which Newby duly dipatched.

Following this Marlow made a change, bringing on ex- Ducks youth team player, Louise Cordice for Alex Cairns and six minutes later Miah was replaced by Woolard.

On seventy nine minutes Silvestri handled on the edge of the box and from the free kick Isaac scored to set up a nervy last eleven minutes. Two minutes later Ayodele went into the book for a foul and five minutes after this he handled on the edge of the area and again Marlow punished the Ducks sloppy defending with Romeo pouncing to smash the ball past Sillitoe to level the scores.

Aylesbury to their credit continued to push men forward looking for a winner leaving them exposed at the back and it was Marlow that could have nicked it at the death when with just the keeper to beat Romeo blasted the ball wide and then a free kick was scrambled away by the home side's defence.


Press Release

Tuesday 08 December 2009 - 1:41 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Six comments |

The committee and management of Aylesbury United FC would like to express their disappointment in the statement posted on Aylesbury FC's website today 7th December 2009.

Firstly, in hindsight, we must apologise to Aylesbury FC for using the word ‘Invoke’ in our report of the fans Forum. It probably sounded that we were ready to steamroll into Haywards Way. This was not the case and we apologise for this. However…’

As a club which is run in the best interests of its supporters, we recognise the overwhelming desire for the club to secure a playing base back in the town and are working continuously to achieve that.

The agreement referred to (copies of which we are in possession of and which were signed in 2006 by officials of Aylesbury United and Aylesbury Vale ) clearly demonstrated the desire of both clubs to support football in Aylesbury for the supporters of both clubs and we are simply attempting to re-capture that spirit of co-operation. As was confirmed in the Aylesbury FC statement, the ground share didn’t take place simply due to the ground not being suitable for Southern League Football despite the best efforts of both sets of supporters and committees, and contrary to the issues stated in the FC statement.

We believe in Aylesbury Fc's right to exist as a club in their own right and have not in any way tried to stop them achieving their goals.

As was outlined at the Fans Forum, our proposals for a new stadium in Aylesbury includes Aylesbury FC using the facility as part of a community based sporting centre. We would not presume to force them into a merger. To do so ignores the desires of many loyal Aylesbury United and Aylesbury FC supporters who have the right to support their own club.

We believe our proposal for a ground share with Aylesbury FC under the terms of the agreement signed by the two clubs in 2006 allows both clubs to pursue their own footballing ambitions while providing a home base for Aylesbury Football fans. In conjunction with this we would be delighted to join with Aylesbury FC in plans for a sporting facility in the town that would meet both of our long term objectives."


Sillitoe Entered for Award

Sunday 06 December 2009 - 2:39 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Three comments |

The club have entered goalkeeper Jack Sillitoe into a national competition with a prize of a day’s master-class with a top professional goalkeeper coach, run by the Non League Football Paper in conjunction with energy company and FA Cup sponsor EON.

A product of the youth team, he made his debut for the first team at the end of the 2006/07 season, and has also spent time 'on loan' at Chalfont Wasps and Buckingham Town.

This season, although playing behind the league's leakiest defence which has conceded 79 goals to date, he has consistently produced a series of outstanding displays which have earned him praise from those witnessing his efforts including opponents.


Hitchin Game Goes to Form... Eventually

Saturday 05 December 2009 - 5:13 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Four comments |

Three Hitchin goals in the last 12 minutes sent Aylesbury to another heavy defeat, but the scoreline didn't tell the whole story of the match.

The game was a high tempo affair full of chances, and for the number created the promotion hopefuls deserved their win.

But at the start of the second half, with the score at 1-0, the Ducks produced their best 15 minutes for months. The home side were looking jittery but United just couldn't take one of several openings.

Instead, Ieuan Lewis scored his, and Hitchin's second and there was a definite air of relief around Top Field.

With the Canaries relaxed they added a further three goals through a Jamie Arlick brace and one from Jeff Hammond.

Aylesbury did manage to pull a goal back through Matt Ansell in stoppage time.

In the end league positions told, but there were plenty of positives for United to take.


Fans Favourite Enzo Flies in to Help Ducks

Friday 04 December 2009 - 2:08 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | No comments |

Aylesbury United have re-signed former fans favourite midfielder Enzo Silvestri in their bid to escape relegation.

Silvestri has been a free agent since leaving Leighton Town at the end of last season. He was present for Wednesday's game against Bedworth and his attendance received a warm reception from the Ducks' faithful.

In his previous two spells with the club Silvestri made 80 appearances, scoring 12 goals, before moving on to Leighton.

He joins left back Rickelle Christian and forward Gary Wharton both signed at the beginning of the week on loan from Stevenage Borough along with another forward, Ben Clarke who returned from Margate, all three playing in midweek.


Ducks Edged Out By Greenbacks

Wednesday 02 December 2009 - 10:10 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | No comments |

Aylesbury United missed out on their first home point of the season, mostly due to a lacklustre second half performance against Bedworth United.

After an intriguingly poised first period which finished one-each, the Ducks failed to resurface after the interval as the visitors raised their game sufficiently to ensure all three points travelled back up to Warwickshire.

Aylesbury's Kevin Ayodele had the dubious honour of scoring at both ends in the first half, gifting Bedworth a 13th minute lead with his own goal, before scoring with a fine flying header to level proceedings 14 minutes later.

The Ducks fashioned a number of chances in their best 45 minute spell for a while, although the visitors still looked a threat on the counter.

It was a very different story after the break though, and Bedworth lead from a 63rd minute Fazel Koriya free-kick.

The later dismissal of Jack Sillitoe meant Aylesbury were never likely to come back, and it was a fairly subdued ending to the match as the Ducks' faithful now have to contemplate three matches without their custodian who has been in nothing short of superb form lately.

More worrying perhaps was the fact that Bedworth never looked like a quality team in the way that recent opponents have, and this genuinely was a game the Ducks could have taken something from.


Ducks In Home Action Tonight

Wednesday 02 December 2009 - 09:16 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | One comment |

A reminder that Aylesbury United have a home match at Bell Close tonight, with Bedworth United the visitors.

The Ducks will be going all out to secure their first points of the season, although it will be a tough ask against an improving Greenbacks side.

Kick-off in Leighton is at 7.45pm.