The Evo-Stik League South

Aylesbury United News

Ducks Back To Winning Ways

Saturday 30 October 2010 - 12:03 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | No comments |

After two succesive home defeats, the Ducks got back to winning ways with a comprehensive 3-0 victory at high flying Hillingdon Borough.

Manager Tony Joyce changed the formation to 4-5-1 with Joey Acheampong playing up front and the tactical switch paid dividends with the solid midfield controlling much of the game and Edgeworth and Coulter looking dangerous on the flanks.

Aylesbury took the lead on 17 minutes from a Warren Garcia shot from outside the area placed just inside the far post and out of the keepers reach.

Despite looking lively Hillingdon were restricted to long shots and, to be honest, Jack Sillitoe was rarely troubled.

The second goal came on 34 minutes when hesitant defending by Hillingdon allowed Joey time and space in the box and his cross/shot was neatly converted by Paul Edgeworth.

Hillingdon threatened for the first 15 minutes of the second half but the Ducks held firm and wrapped the game up in the 77th minute with a great strike from Robbie Keane following Edgeworths clever flick.

There was still time for Hillingdons number 2 to be sent off and for the Hillingdon manager to be sent to the stands but there was no way back and the Ducks ran out comfortable winners.

All in all, a great performace and a great result against one of our rivals.


Ducks Out Of Premier Division Cup

Wednesday 27 October 2010 - 3:11 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Two comments |

Aylesbury's hopes of silverware this season were further diminished by Leverstock Green who knocked the Ducks out of the Premier Division Cup by winning 3-1 at Bell Close.

It was another disappointingly ineffective display from United who struggled in front of goal once again.

They were made to pay for a lethargic start when the visitors deservedly went ahead just before the half hour mark through Ben Butler.

United stepped up their game just enough to fashion one or two openings prior to the interval, but the second half didn't really see much of a turnaround of fortunes until a goal out of nothing from Lea Coulter brought Aylesbury level on 70 minutes.

Levy hit back though and scored twice in little over 90 seconds to take command of the game just six minutes later, through Butler again and ex-Duck Lewis Pritchard, and it was game over for Aylesbury.


Misfiring United Lose Out To Hatfield

Saturday 23 October 2010 - 10:24 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | No comments |

Aylesbury had their first defeat in over a month inflicted on them as they lost 3-1 to a resolute and effective Hatfield Town.

It was missed chances which proved United's biggest undoing as they created a number of clear cut opportunities in the first half without finding the net, and they trailed at the interval to Jason Beck's 15th minute strike.

Beck went on to score a hat-trick eventually, adding a second from a breakaway move in the second period as Aylesbury threw everything in search of an equaliser.

The deficit was reduced courtesy of Justin Gordon's free-kick, and it looked like a comeback might be on.

Hatfield had other ideas though and continued to defend superbly, thwarting every Aylesbury move that came their way.

Beck completed his hat-trick late on as the heavens opened, to leave the Ducks looking to the heavens as their ruthlessness in front of goal deserted them on the day.


United Canter to Win

Saturday 16 October 2010 - 10:35 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | One comment |

Aylesbury were back to winning ways with a 3-1 victory over Biggleswade United, but they could easily have doubled their score with a more clinical approach in the final third.

The visitors, apparently decimated by injury, offered little resistance to what was at times sumptuous football from the Ducks, but surprisingly it was Biggleswade who took the lead with their only shot on goal in the first half.

Aylesbury hit back though, and such was their supremacy that it was little surprise when Ben Baines equalised less than seven minutes later.

A goal just before the break from Robbie Kean gave them the lead, and then Baines' second straight after the restart effectively sealed the result.

Although the Ducks took their foot well and truly off the pedal, there was never any genuine threat or belief of a comeback from Biggleswade and in the end it was a fairly comfortable win - but the margin of victory could and maybe should have been higher.


Aylesbury College FC Update

Thursday 14 October 2010 - 10:14 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | No comments |

Aylesbury College FC played their first league game yesterday. A 3-1 home victory against Basildon Academy 6th Form.

Forthcoming fixtures:

Wednesday 20th October ? Luton 6th Form College (Away)

Wednesday 10th November ? Oaklands College (Home)

Wednesday 24th November ? Easton College (Away)

Wednesday 15th December ? North Herts College (Away)

Wednesday 26th January ? Basildon Academy 6th Form (Away)

Wednesday 16th February ? Luton 6th Form College (Home)

Wednesday 2nd March ? Oaklands College (Away)

Wednesday 16th March ? Easton College (Home)

Wednesday 30th March ? North Herts College (Home)


Ducks Come Back at the Death

Saturday 09 October 2010 - 3:38 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Three comments |

Aylesbury showed all their resilience to come back from two-goals down and take home an unlikely looking point against Kentish Town.

A well below-par performance had Aylesbury staring at defeat at two-goals down with just three minutes remaining, a goal in each half from Lee Scott had put Town in command.

United dug deep though and kept going right up until the final whistle, and when Fabion Sims turned into his own net two minutes from time there was suddenly hope and something to build on.

The incredible comeback was duly completed deep in stoppage time when the ball was bundled in by Ben Baines after a corner kick.


Coulter On Fire as United Five Alive Again

Tuesday 05 October 2010 - 4:09 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | One comment |

Aylesbury scored five second half goals to ultimately rout through a tricky match at Harefield United.

Lea Coulter scored three of those to take his tally to an incredible eight goals in ten games and become the first United hat-trick scorer in more than 18 months.

After a decidedly average first half Aylesbury were somewhat lucky not to have gone behind, and at the goalless interval nobody could have seen what was coming.

But Coulter got things underway with an early goal before adding a second midway through the half and completing his hat-trick in the last minute.

Before that there were well taken goals from Paul Edgeworth and Ben Baines to make an excellent second half from the Ducks, particularly given their extra-time escapades just two days earlier.


Updated - Ducks Edge Through in Vase

Sunday 03 October 2010 - 2:54 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | One comment |

Aylesbury made it through to the Second Round of the FA Carlsberg Vase with an extra-time win over much improved Hertford Town.

Lea Coulter's goal in the 112th minute eventually settled matters after a ding dong encounter which could have gone either way.

Hertford took the lead in the first half before the Ducks had really got started but Robbie Kean scored his first in green and white to restore parity, before the turnaround was complete before the break courtesy of John Mulholland's goal.

Another slow start to a half cost United dear as Town equalised through Doug Santos, only for Coulter to score and re-establish the lead 12 minutes later.

Santos added another from the spot to make it 3-3 and set up a tense closing twenty minutes, and with neither side able to make the breakthrough it went to an even tenser extra time session.

With Hertford clearly struggling it was Aylesbury who made the extra time count with a decisive goal, and another great strike from Lea Coulter - his 5th goal of the week.

UPDATE - The Ducks' win is featured on The FA's website, link here.


Update from Tony Joyce

Saturday 02 October 2010 - 03:56 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Two comments |

Manager and team are looking forward to Sunday's FA Vase tue with Hertford Town.

The team have had two decent performances and go into the game in confident mood. However, Hertford will definitely not be underestimated as they themselves are also in good form.

Player news and Leon Gordon is still not fit and unfortunately Ducks fans will have to wait a bit to see the return of Greg Williams in the green & white shirt as his work commitments make him unavailable.

However, we have a healthy squad to pick from with lots of players playing well and enjoying their footbll long may it continue.

Tony Joyce