The Evo-Stik League South

Aylesbury United News

Uxbridge Preview

Thursday 31 October 2013 - 3:46 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury play their second Middlesex opponents in three days on Saturday with a trip to Uxbridge. Read our match preview now.

» Match Preview


Division One Central Midweek Roundup

Thursday 31 October 2013 - 10:04 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, Calor League | | Used tags: ,

Four games were played in the Calor League Division One Central this week.

Monday night saw Rugby Town recover from an early setback to win 4-1 at out-of-form Beaconsfield SYCOB and go third in the table. Wayne O'Sullivan's goal in the third minute gave SYCOB the lead, but the hosts, who have now lost three successive league games, had no answer to David Kolodynski who scored two and set up two for Rugby.

The two Tuesday night games saw two away wins and two away clean sheets, for Slough Town and Royston Town.

Slough made the short journey to near neighbours Chalfont St. Peter, and had to wait until the 87th minute when Warren Harris scored the decisive goal in a 1-0 win.

Meanwhile, Chertsey Town's miserable form since beating Aylesbury FC continued, as they lost for the fifth straight game at home to Royston, having scored no goals in that time - 0-3, 0-3, 0-1, 0-2 and 0-2. Ryan Ingrey and Joe De La Salle scored the Crows' goals in the first half.

Lastly, on Wednesday night, Aylesbury United moved up to 8th in the table with a 3-1 win over North Greenford United that saw Stacey Field score a hattrick and miss a penalty.

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances


Field Hattrick Gives Ducks Win

Wednesday 30 October 2013 - 9:47 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | | Used tags: , ,

A Stacey Field hattrick gave Aylesbury a first home league win of the season as they beat North Greenford United 3-1 at Bell Close.

Field even missed a penalty in the second half, at which point the Ducks should have been comfortably out of sight but as the visitors refused to roll over proceedings were somewhat nervy at times during the second half.

The 26th opener was a wonderous 25-yard lobbed volley from Field, with the second coming early in the second half, both goals helped by excellent advantages played by the match referee.

Just three minutes later and a lapse in concentration by Aylesbury allowed North Greenford to pull a goal back.

Strong defending and some good saves by debutant youth team keeper Ben Grasso, after Alex Tokarczyk was injured in the warm up, kept Greenford at bay.

It wasn't until the 94th minute though that the game was finally put to bed, Field running clean through and dispatching a calm finish to take the match ball and maximum points for his side.

» Match Report


New Board Directors Appointed

Wednesday 30 October 2013 - 09:30 am | Added by: Admin to Club News | |

The Board are delighted to announce the appointment of two new Directors to the Board of Aylesbury United FC Ltd who were appointed at a recent Shareholders Meeting. They are Mr John Neary and Mr James Byrne.

John and James were, until recently, Chairman and Vice Chairman respectively of Aylesbury Town FC who merged with us in the close season. They continue to serve on the Committee of Aylesbury UTD Junior FC in similar roles. We are confident they will make a significant and positive impact in strengthening our commitment to local football whilst giving the juniors a presence on the Board of their club.

Incidentally both John and James have ties with The Ducks going back a “few” years.  John was part of the team of Neary & Picot who were the main contractors who built The Stadium, Buckingham Road, and James played for the Juniors alongside the likes of Nando Perna and Emerson Boyce.  A most warm welcome back Gentlemen.


North Greenford Preview

Tuesday 29 October 2013 - 10:05 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury United host North Greenford United on Wednesday evening, hoping to finally register their first home league win of the season.

Our preview is available now.

» Match Preview


Double Disappointment As Ladies Exit Cup

Monday 28 October 2013 - 4:10 pm | Added by: Andy Foster to Ladies, Club News | |

Despite being given what looked like favourable draws both of the Ladies teams were knocked out of the Thames Valley League Cup on Sunday

The First team went down 6-4 to Maidenhead U18's with Tara Woodward, Katie Squire and a brace from Emily Wells not being enough to prevent defeat

The Reserves lost 5-0 at home to a useful looking Wargrave side at Bierton

The good news is that both teams now automatically contest the League Plate competition

Match Reports:

First Team | Reserves


Division One Central Roundup

Saturday 26 October 2013 - 7:44 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, Calor League | | Used tags: ,

With Daventry Town in FA Cup action, Barton Rovers took full advantage by taking over at the top of the table after a 3-1 home win against Egham Town where Bobby Dance scored a brace for Dan Kennoy's side.

Up to second are Dunstable Town, who secured a seventh straight win in all competitions, with Nathan Frater's two goals in two second half minutes enough to see off Marlow at Creasey Park 2-0.

The remaining two of the top five of the table - Rugby Town and Royston Town - were also both victorious, with a late David Kolodynski strike giving Rugby a 1-0 win over Ashford Town (Mx), whilst Royston won 3-0 at managerless Aylesbury FC with Craig Hammond scoring twice.

Slough Town were held to a 3-3 draw by Aylesbury United, throwing away a two-goal advantage, and they were overtaken in the league by St. Ives Town and AFC Hayes as a result.

Jared Cunniff's scored for the fourth gam running to help St Ives to a 2-0 win at Beaconsfield SYCOB, and AFC Hayes put three defeats in a row behind them by winning 3-0 at North Greenford United as Nicke Kabamba scored a debut goal having signed from Uxbridge.

Having won their last league matches, two league strugglers in Leighton Town and Chertsey Town were both back to losing ways again - Leighton going down to a 4-2 defeat Northwood, and Chertsey losing 2-0 at Kettering in front of a crowd of nearly 500.

Finally, Chalfont St. Peter put the disappointment of losing to Leighton behind them by claiming a third league win of the season, beating near neighbours Uxbridge 3-2 at Honeycroft with Scott Fitzgerald scoring twice.

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances

FA Cup

Congratulations to Daventry Town, who reached the 1st Round Proper for the first time in their history, thrashing Hartley Wintney 6-1 away from home. Amongst the scorers were ex-Ducks Liam Dolman and Neil King.

Other Calor League sides making it through to the 1st Round Proper were Biggleswade Town, Corby Town, St. Albans City and Stourbridge, whilst still in the competition and facing replays are Hemel Hempstead Town, Poole Town (who drew 0-0 at Aylesbury's conquerers Staines Town) and, perhaps result of the day, Shortwood United who drew 1-1 at home with Aldershot Town.


Ducks And Rebels Share Points

Saturday 26 October 2013 - 4:53 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

A late Dom Petrucci drive rescued a point for Aylesbury as an entertaining game with Slough finished 3-3.

Promotion-chasing Slough proved to be a quality outfit, but it was the Ducks who snuck a first half lead when Jack Wood followed up to convert Keith Williams's spilled free kick.

The Rebels upped their game after the break and the prolonged pressure eventually told when Darren Wheeler equalised just past the hour mark.

It was the start of a purple spell for Slough, who went on to score three times in seven minutes with Warren Harris and Scott Harris both finding the net to make it 3-1.

Aylesbury never know when beaten though, and added to their long list of impressive comebacks.

Lee Grace got the ball rolling with a deflected shot pulling a goal back, before Petrucci's late magic saw him run and find the bottom corner to salvage a deserved point.

» Match Report


Ducks Draw Old Rivals

Thursday 24 October 2013 - 4:26 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: ,

Aylesbury United have been paired with an old rival after the Red Insure Cup draw was announced.

The Ducks will face Chesham United at home, on Wednesday 20th November, kick off 7.45pm.

Aylesbury beat Calor League Premier Division leaders Hemel Hempstead Town in the 1st Round, and Chesham will now provide another tough encounter as they currently sit 2nd in the Premier Division.


Slough Match Preview

Thursday 24 October 2013 - 1:12 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | |

Aylesbury United take on old rivals Slough Town this Saturday, read our preview now

» Match Preview


Ladies Back To Winning Ways

Thursday 24 October 2013 - 10:32 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, Ladies | | Used tags: ,

Aylesbury United Ladies got their league campaign back on track with a 3-1 home win against Barton Rovers.

A first goal for recent recruit Emily Wells, scoring with a direct free kick, a Leigh Reed effort, and a first senior goal for Katie Squire saw the Ducks overturn an early deficit against the newly promoted side.

Overall it was a hard fought victory in difficult conditions for players and supporters alike which moves the Ducks back towards the right end of the league table.

» Match Report


Daventry Match Rearranged

Thursday 24 October 2013 - 10:27 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury's home match with Daventry Town has been rearranged once more.

The game has twice been postponed due to the league leaders' cup commitments, but has now been scheduled for Wednesday 4th December, kick off 7.45pm.

» Aylesbury United Fixtures


Division One Central Midweek Roundup

Wednesday 23 October 2013 - 08:14 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, Calor League | | Used tags: , ,

There were two fixtures played in the Calor League Division One Central on Tuesday night.

Slough Town hosted South Bucks rivals Marlow, and made it five league matches unbeaten by winning 2-1. Striker Edward Smith scored both Rebels goals, the latter two minutes after Marlow's Danny Lingwood had equalised in the second half, taking his tally to 15 for the season.

With a 1-0 home win against AFC Hayes, Barton Rovers moved back up to 2nd in the table, Alex O'Brien scoring the only goal of the game after 15 minutes.

Red Insure Cup

Rugby Town thrashed Premier Division Banbury United 5-2 at Butling Road to progress to the 2nd Round, helped by braces from Justin Marsden and ex-Duck Lewis McBride. Valley were five to the good before two late goals from Dom Lawless at least made the scoreline slightly more credible for the Puritans.

On Monday night, an all Division One Central clash saw Kettering Town gun down a much-changed Daventry Town 5-0. Daventry's team included Assistant Manager and former Aylesbury man, Neil Champelovier, and another ex-Duck in Neil King, whilst a third, Liam Dolman, was on the bench.


Youth Teams Roundup

Monday 21 October 2013 - 1:04 pm | Added by: James Byrne to Club News, Juniors | |

Under 14 - Chesham United Rangers 3-3 Aylesbury United
It was first against second in the league as we took to the somewhat agricultural pitch which the goats presumably hadn't been allowed on recently judging by the length of the grass!

We took to the field full of confidence in a formation with Tommy in the space between defence and midfield and we attacked from the off with Connor making his usual foray down the right and firing his first shot narrowly wide. He was again the driving force of the next attack in the eigth minute and again the shot was wide but this time Sean was quick enough to retrieve the ball from the line and played a lovely cut back to the waiting Thomas who cooly slotted home to open the scoring, GOAL 0.1. Three minutes later Ben played a great pass into Ryan Warren who snapped a shot into the impressive dive of the keeper. The game flowed both ways but we seemed to be in control with us getting a few free kicks, well taken by both Ben and Ryan C. In the twenty-fifth minute Dannie linked up with Connor who crossed to Jonathon only for his shot to go wide. Barely a minute later we attacked again and Connor was one on one with the keeper and he placed his shot cooly into the far top corner of the net GOAL 0.2. We seemed to take this as a sign to stop playing and a quick break by Chesham saw Aaron left marking two players inevitably resulting in the ball nestling in the back of the net, GOAL 1.2.


We took to the field and started the second half as we did the first with Connor getting into the danger area and crossing the ball to Jonathon to narrowly head the ball over the bar! A minute later they broke quickly into our area and for the first time our defending was slack and slow, again resulting in them getting a goal 2.2. This seemed to bouy Chesham and they pushed on in search of the winner but a great tackle from Jonathon and a crucial clearance from captain Aaron kept them at bay. We lost our shape completely and the game dissolved into a hack and run style which was horrible to watch. In the twenty-third minute Ryan Warren took possession of the ball and ran straight at goal, magnificent cross to Connor who rippled the back of the net to put us back in front GOAL 2.3. Chesham again upped the pace and poured forward in number, breaking into the box and winning a contentious penalty from Jake who was inconsolable after the match! Chesham spotted the ball, stepped up and slotted the ball to the bottom right hand of the goal,,,POST. The subsequent images will live long in my nightmares..As we as a team stood and cheered the miss they had the sense to chase up the rebound and score, 3.3.

The last minutes saw us break into their half in search of retribution and it looked to all as if it had come when we were three on one with the keeper when a pass from Ben to Ryan made contact with Thomas on the way and the keeper took possession of the ball.


MAN OF THE MATCH; TOMMY for his hard work in the hole between defence and midfield.

Under 14 Youth - Chesham United Youth 4-6 Aylesbury United Youth
Chesham kicked off the game but were quickly broken down by Harry B who feed the ball down the wing to Dan whose cross was met by Liam’s header which was inches wide. From the restart Chesham attacked but could only fire wide of goal, Abduls goal kick was collected by Dan round one player before sending the ball across goal which was headed in by one of the Chesham players 0-1 (it was a great header though). Chesham soon got their heads up and attacked Aylesbury’s goal only for Abdul to save with his feet corner, Aylesbury cleared the ball only as far as the 18 yd line before the ball was knocked back in Abdul punched the ball away and Mitchell cleared for a throw-in. Chesham won a throw which Dan cleared to Liam whose shot was saved for a corner, Chesham cleared before the rebound was handled winning Aylesbury a free kick, Harry B, Harry J and Dan stood over the ball before try the same routine they tried on the training pitch on Saturday before Harry J put the ball over the bar. Aylesbury goal kick flicked on to Harry J shoots rebounded out to Adam saved, Aylesbury throw Adam passed to Harry J left foot wide. Chesham won a throw which was sent down the middle beating Aylesbury’s midfield before Abdul saved and then sent the ball down Aylesbury’s left wing the ball was then flicked onto Harry J who muscled passed two Chesham players and the goal keeper to make it 0-2. Rhys won the ball from 2 Chesham players before sending Liam down the right his shot skimmed off the bar which Dan meet at the far post 0-3. Shafiea took the ball from player’s feet and travelled 30 yds before feeding Dan passed the ball to Harry J whose shot deflected of a Chesham players shin pad 0-4. Chesham seemed to wake up winning the ball in the middle and then beating Aylesbury’s defence and then Abdul in goal 1-4. Aylesbury thought they had restored their 4 goal lead when Dan scored, but as the ball rolled under the net the lines man gave a goal kick and the Ref didn’t over rule him.

Half Time.

This seamed to have an impact on the Aylesbury players as they went to pieces for ten minutes seemingly unable to clear Chesham’s clearances and gifting Chesham 2 goals 3-4. With a few changes Aylesbury seemed to find their feet with Brandon, Dan, Harry J and Liam all having shots saved or just wide. Chris took a throw which Brandon took paced two players before laying off for Liam who fired home 3-5. Chesham won a penalty when Shafiea was adjudged to have passed the player inside the box; thankfully the spot kick was put wide. Chesham won a corner which some how was headed home 4-5. With the clock running down Chesham won a throw-in inside Aylesbury’s half which was charged down by Harry J whose shot rolled under the driving keeper 4-6.

Man of the Match Brandon.

Under 16 - Taplow United Youth 0-0 Aylesbury United
Not much to report on this match, one I would have expected to win, but turned out to be a match of few chances. We started off very sluggish, with not much impetuous in the middle or up front. Even though we set up with a 4-3-3 we ended up playing a 4-0-5, not a good idea. When going forward we weren't much of a threat as the 5 were neither forwards or midfield. We failed to test their keeper with any sort of shots, while at the other end we looked comfortable in defence, although there were a couple of scary moments. With a 16 man squad, unheard of last season, it gave me options to swap things around, however this did not improve our performance. Half time at 0-0 we needed to control the midfield (sounds familiar as I say this in many match reports) and be more aggressive up front, neither of which we managed in the second half. As the match went on it was evident that one goal was going to decide the match, but neither team could put away the few chances there were and neither keeper was very busy. At the end 0-0 was a fair result, although we dominated possession we failed to create many clear chances. I still believe confidence is a key aspect to our game, if we had of scored first I am confident we would have gone on to win the match comfortably. Training is key and we need everyone there for the next couple of Saturday's to help prepare for our next match after half term.

Under 18 - Newport Pagnell 2-3 Aylesbury United
United U18's progressed through to the 2nd round of the County Cup after a hard fought win over Newport Pagnell. The lads if they were not already up for it were certainly geed up where upon arrival they were told they were going to be thrashed by a great team by a Newport official !!!. The lads started well and dealt with the aerial bombardment and long balls and when they could they got the ball down and played making good use of the wide men Liam McElhinney and Kingsley Sibbs,as the game wore on both teams had chances but United keeper Ben Grasso was in fine form and dealt with every threat. United went ahead after some great play from Ken Feyi who dribbled past 2 defenders and found strike partner Giorgio Magnacavello who calmly slotted home, it seemed as if the lads would come in a goal to the good but in the last few minutes Newport won a corner and with the only mistake the defence made all game the Newport striker found himself unmarked and nodded home from 5 yards leaving Uniteds Keeper helpless. At half time we reminded the lads that however talented they clearly are that without hard work you will get nothing !. Newport kicked off for the restart and the lads clearly had taken on board what was said as they began to dominate and control the game attack after attack followed and we were rewarded with a goal that simply oozed class after a defensive header fell to Mitchell Collins who took a touch and then drilled an amazing shot which flew into the top corner leaving the Newport keeper stranded. Just 5 minutes later United were 3-1 up after some fine work from wing wizard Kingsley Sibbs found Ken Feyi who sold the Newport defender and he smashed home another great finish. Striker Giorgio made way for Ryan Dickson as we went to a 4-5-1 to see out the game this was as near as done when in the last few minutes a perfect tackle from Kingsley Sibbs was deemed to be a penalty the player in question never appealed nor did any team mate, coach or fans it left us all scratching our heads!!. The penalty was well taken to make it 3-2 but the lads didn't flap or lose their composure they just did the job and saw the game out. The back 4 of Sam Morton,Dec Tomlinson,Captain Tom Keen and Man Of The Match Dan Higby were just fantastic the Midfield of Liam McElhinney,Jack Bennett,Mitchell Collins,Kingsley Sibbs showed tremendous energy and Strikers Giorgio Magnacavello and Ken Feyi were a thorn in Newport Pagnells side. Ryan Dickson who was returning from injury looked sharp and what with losing Super Callum Tottman in the warm up the boys like we are can be really proud. 6 wins in 6 is to be commended but will only be significant if we have something to show for it at the end of the season.


Division One Central/FA Trophy Roundup

Saturday 19 October 2013 - 7:56 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, Calor League | | Used tags: , ,

Rugby Town moved up to fourth in the table with a 4-1 win at third placed Barton Rovers. Seb Lake-Gaskin gave Valley a 9th minute lead, which is how it stayed until the closing stages of the match, when David Kolodynski netted a brace on 71 and 86, and new signing Mitchell Piggon scored in stoppage time, whilst Barton's 85th minute 'consolation' was scored by Nyasha Sagwete.

At Mill Meadow, Leighton Town secured their first league win of the season, as Sean Bishop's 90th minute winner gave the Reds a 3-2 win, and moved them off the foot of the table. Ben Gallant had earlier netted a brace, after Chalfont had taken a first half lead.

New incumbants of the bottom spot are Ashford Town (Mx), who were well beaten 5-1 at Uxbridge, to lose their sixth straight league match. Ashford had taken the lead through Joe Lynch early in the second half, but a hattrick from Uxbridge's Matt Woods and two further late goals completed the turnaround.

FA Trophy

League leaders Daventry Town's excellent season continued, as they followed up midweek FA Cup progress by coming from behind to beat Northamptonshire rivals, Premier Division Corby Town. Tom Berwick opened the scoring for Corby, only for Ashley Robinson to level on 37 minutes and Tom Lorraine to hit the winner 11 minutes from time.

Another Jared Cunniff goal, his third in three games, gave St Ives Town a 1-0 win at Kettering Town in an all-Division One Central clash, whilst at Berkeley Fields North Greenford United left it late but scored 84th and 93rd minute goals to come back and beat Aylesbury FC 2-1.

Two goals behind after half an hour, Dunstable Town came back to progress with a 3-2 home win over Ryman League Division One South side Peacehaven & Telscombe. The Blues scored three second half goals, with the 87th minute winner scored by former Aylesbury man Chris Marsh.

A match of five first half goals saw Egham Town win in a cross-divisional match with Division One South & West Cirencester Town 3-2, with Shane Graham, Louis Chandler-Joseph and Ryan O'Toole all finding the net.

Marlow secured an excellent 4-1 win over Division One South & West leaders North Leigh, coming from behind to win with Jon Bennett scoring another two goals. The former Ascot United man's tally now standing at 12 goals in 5 games!

In addition to Aylesbury FC and Kettering Town, another three Division One Central sides exited the competition: Aylesbury United, Chertsey Town and Slough Town.

A second half penalty sent Aylesbury United out 1-0 at home to Ryman League Division One South side Ramsgate, Chertsey Town went down to a 3-0 win at Premier Division Chippenham Town, whilst Merthyr Tydfil came from behind to eliminate Slough Town 2-1 at Holloways Park.

The only side to face a replay are Potters Bar Town, who drew 2-2 at Whitstable Town.


Ducks Edged Out in Trophy Clash

Saturday 19 October 2013 - 4:55 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | | Used tags: , ,

A second half Ramsgate penalty was enough to bring Aylesbury's FA Trophy campaign to an end with a 1-0 defeat.

Alex Tokarczyk enjoyed a largely successful debut between the sticks, but he was the man unfortunately penalised for bringing down Ian Pulman in the box, and Warren Schulz tucked hoem the penalty.

Prior to that the game had been a tight affair with chances at a premium, Stacey Field having the best of the first half bunch when he ran clean through but saw his effort saved by the legs of Darren Hawkes.

After the goal United's task was made even tougher when Field was dismissed for a petulant kick out, leaving his side to play the last fifteen minutes with ten men.

Even so, substitutes Joey Acheampong and Dom Petrucci had decent chances, but at the other end Tokarczyk made a number of good saves to keep the Rams at bay as Aylesbury committed men forward, but with neither side able to find the net it finished 1-0.

» Match Report


New Keeper Joins

Friday 18 October 2013 - 12:13 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury United are pleased to announce the loan signing of a new goalkeeper ahead of Saturday's FA Trophy match with Ramsgate.

Highly rated young stopper Alex Tokarczyk has joined on a month's loan from Hemel Hempstead Town.

Tokarczyk lined up against the Ducks in Monday night's Red Insure Cup game, and we are grateful to Dean Brennan and all at his parent club for their help in pushing the deal through before the signing on deadline.


Ramsgate FA Trophy Preview

Thursday 17 October 2013 - 11:18 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury United will be looking to extend their five-match winning run, as they face Ramsgate in the FA Trophy on Saturday.

Our preview of the game is available now.

» Ramsgate preview


Red Insure Cup Roundup *Updated*

Thursday 17 October 2013 - 08:59 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, Calor League | | Used tags: ,

The Red Insure Cup takes centre stage this week, here is our review:

(Now updated following Wednesday's matches)


Aylesbury United's 4-2 win at Premier Division leaders Hemel Hempstead Town remains the competition's biggest upset so far, as Stacey Field scored a superb hattrick to end the Tudors' 14-match unbeaten run.

Elsewhere on Monday, Premier Division side Hungerford Town overcame Division One South & West neighbours Didcot Town 3-1, and Redditch United came out on top of a 10-goal match 6-4 at Stratford Town.


Highest scorers of Tuesday's night's Red Insure Cup action were Egham Town, who thrashed Guildford City, managed by ex-Duck Dean Thomas, 6-1 at Runnymede Stadium. Top scorer Ryan O'Toole bagged a brace of penalties as Egham stormed to a 3-0 first half lead against struggling City.

St. Neots Town also won by a five-goal margin, seeing off Hitchin Town 5-0 where three new signings were on the scoresheet in Jake Woolley (loan from Luton), David Deeney (Kettering) and Joseph N'Guessan (loan from Stevenage).

The prolific Nat Peacock scored his second goal for Biggleswade Town since moving from Barton Rovers, but it wasn't enough as Premier Division near neighbours Arlesey Town won a seven-goal thriller, that Arlesey edged 4-3 despite trailing 2-0 after 24 minutes. Kim Forsyth scored twice to bring the hosts level before the break, before goals from Ryan Frater and Stuart Farrell gave a commanding lead, only for 90th minute consolation from Biggleswade narrowing the score again.

Also hitting four at home, this time without reply, were Marlow, whose Jon Bennett's incredible scoring record continues and now stands at 10 goals in 4 games for this new club, notching a hattrick with goals on 6, 10 and 27 minutes. Merthyr Town also found the net four times, seeing off Shortwood United 4-1 at home.

Completing the list of home victors were Dunstable Town, with Dan Hutchins scoring the decisive goal in a 1-0 win over Aylesbury FC, and Bideford who overcame Taunton Town 3-2.

Biggest away wins of the night went to Slough Town and Beaconsfield SYCOB, who won 3-0 at Chertsey Town and Thatcham Town respectively. 

Chertsey were unable to build on their weekend league win over Aylesbury FC, and slipped to a comprehensive defeat as Scott Harris scored twice late on for the Rebels. 

Meanwhile, goals from Beaconsfield's Wayne O'Sullivan, Aaron Lansiquot and Nathan Webb condemned struggling Thatcham to a fifth straight defeat.

Another side well out of form at the moment are Division One Central Ashford Town (Mx), without a win now in eight games and suffering their fourth successive loss with a 3-1 home defeat to Northwood, as Nico Muir scored a hattrick for the Woods.

Bishops Cleeve ended a four-match losing streak of their own with a 3-1 away win over fellow Division One South & West side Evesham United, with Jake Lee on the scoresheet twice.

A solitary Craig Hammond goal in the 68th minute was enough for Royston Town to win 1-0 at Barton Rovers, whilst Uxbridge were 4-2 winners having made the short journey to North Greenford United.

FA Cup

Rugby Town's FA Cup adventure was brought to an end by Skrill North side Worcester City at Butlin Road in their 3rd Qualifying Round Replay, as two second half goals gave City a 2-0 win.


Premier Division Burnham, who Aylesbury face in the Berks & Bucks Cup next month, secured a comfortable 4-0 win at Division One Central AFC Hayes, with goals from Ryan Blake, Reece Yorke, James Dobson and Johnny Gray.

Fellow South Buckinghamshire side Chesham United also went through to the second round with a big win, as a Drew Roberts brace helped the Generals to a 5-0 win over manager Andy Leese's former club, Potters Bar Town, with all five goals coming in the second half.

St Ives Town caused the night's biggest upset, as they came from behind to win 3-2 at Premier Division side Bedford Town. Lorenzo Ferrari and Andrew Phillips had given the Eagles a 2-0 advantage, but a Jared Cunniff goal just before the break, and second half strikes by Avelino Vieira and Will Fordham completed the turnaround.

Another team coming from behind were Chippenham Town, who put their league difficulties behind them to win 2-1 at Frome Town having fallen behind to an 18th minute goal.

Division One South & West's second placed team took on first, and it was second who came out on top as Swindon Supermarine defeated North Leigh 3-0 at home, with Kayden Jackson scoring all three, whilst two other sides from that division met at Causeway Ground, where an 85th minute winner gave Cirencester Town a 1-0 win over Cinderford Town.

After no ties from the week's earlier games had gone to penalties, there were three settled in this manner on Wednesday night, as Godalming Town, St. Albans City and Poole Town all went through on spot kicks.

Godalming had shared a 1-1 draw at Chalfont St. Peter, where Jack Mazzone levelled Remmell Clarke's opener for Chalfont, and Poole Town and Wimborne Town had also drawn 1-1 at 90 minutes (no extra time is played in the Red Insure Cup under this season's rules).

Lastly, Leighton Town put in another battling performance as they held Premier Division St. Albans City to a 2-2 draw at Bell Close, only to lose out 4-1 on penalties.

FA Cup

Daventry Town played their weekend's postponed 3rd Qualifying Round fixture, and confidently advanced to the next stage with a 4-0 win at Grays Athletic. Their reward is a trip to Hartley Wintney in the 4th Qualifying Round.

» Red Insure Cup Results & Fixtures


Youth Teams Roundup

Wednesday 16 October 2013 - 11:31 am | Added by: James Byrne to Club News, Juniors | |

Under 14 - Aylesbury United 5-2 Chesham United Youth
Wether it was due to the rain and cold we don't know but we lost our shape and positional play all round the pitch went out the window. As a result the football on display left very little to be excited about. Too often we were all drawn towards the ball like a pack of nine year olds. However in the eighth minute there was a moment of brilliance when Thomas broke into the box and delicately lofted the ball over the keeper to open the scoring. 1.0. Eight minutes later Chesham fizzed in a corner which apparently was already over the line when Jake got a touch and the ball was in the back of the net 1.1 (I still reckon it was an OG by Jake!) Despite several chances we couldn't get the ball into the net until Connor swung in another cross and Dannie put the ball into the back of the net 2.1. The second half began with a reshuffle which still didn't help us keep our shape but 4 mins in Jonathan broke into the box on the left and either crossed luckily or shot well into the right corner of the goal. Only he will truly know ;-) 3.1 Two minutes later a long shot form Chesham`s left fizzed into the far corner of the net to make it 3.2 The match flowed back and forth and in the 52nd minute the one piece of brilliant team play started by Tommy in the centre of midfield saw the ball played to feet all the way through the opposition half for Connor to make the score 4.2. Despite this we reverted to chasing the ball again and the game petered out until the last minute when despite having three players offside the ball was played through to Ben who scored to take the final score to 5.2.

Even though we won we still didn't shine as we know we can, too often passes went astray. Often the simple pass was ignored for the harder one which didn't come off. Blind passes and rushed ones were also a factor. You need to calm down, spread the play wide and play the easy ball. There`s no need to rush forward at full pace all the time, yes it is a potent weapon to have pace but if you spread the play and give yourself room to play then you will control the game!

Well done, keep on going

Under 14 Youth - Aylesbury United Youth 7-1 Ballinger FC
The match got off to a late start due to the rain and Ballinger playing in the Astro Turf not wanting to play on the grass!! Ballinger kicked off and started with an early attack which was snuffed out by a good tackle by Harry Boyd. This was then kicked up field to Daniel the game went back and forward for a while in midfield both teams finding their feet in the torrential rain until the ball was played through to Rhys who then passed a great ball to Adam who played it back to Harry J which was lofted over the defence to Daniel who`s header was saved but luckily for him it landed right in front of him 1-0 to Aylesbury.  After the kick off Aylesbury started to settle down and were rewarded with a through ball to Daniel who`s shot was saved for a corner .Daniel took the corner who lifted a lovely floating ball in for Liam to connect with his head 2-0 to Aylesbury. Ballinger had their moments especially   down their left wing using their number 8 who by far was their best player on their team and a girl that none of the boys wanted to tackle. Rhys was having a good game controlling  midfield and creating the pass through  to Harry J who shot, goal keeper fumbled the ball due to the wet weather 3-0.Ballinger had a few attacks but for Shafi ,Alex ,Moyse and Harry B in defence and Abdul in goal they came to nothing well done defence all match. Big ball up from  Shaffi who passed a waited ball for Harry J who went round the keeper goal 4-0. Ten minutes from half time Moyes off Mitchell on this was followed straight after with Harry B pulling up due to an injury Moyes back on with Shaffi left back and Mitchell centre .Not long after this Nathan off Jon on. Midfield started passing around more Rhys to Adam who passed to Daniel who`s shot rebounded off the keeper straight into the path of Harry J goal 5-0. Half Time Substitutions half time Humza on Adam off. Ballinger not beaten yet played the second half with more determination but for our defence and Abdul in goal we stopped any attacks well done. Abdul with a great kick up field for Daniel to run onto but was fouled just outside the box. Daniel took the free kick into the penalty box Harry J volleyed the ball into the net 6-0. Substitution Harry J and Liam off Adam and Nathan back on. Ballinger got one goal back with a shot from outside the box over the head of Abdul who had no chance.6-1.From the kick off the ball was won in defence through ball to Jon onto Daniel goal 7-1. Aylesbury won a corner which was headed around in the box onto Adam who scored with a good header but was disallowed for off side. Final score 7-1 every one played a great game considering the weather well done. Man of the Match Jon.

Under 16 - Aylesbury United 1-3 Bedgrove Dynamos
In the pouring rain we took on Bedgrove. The first half we created chances to score and with a bit more composure and accuracy we should have done. We did score the first goal, but a pass from Robin found Harry in an offside position. Bedgrove were kept at bay but with their first meaningful attack they scored from within the 6 yard area, a bit of a soft goal to give away. We continued to create a couple of good chances and other half chances, but we didn't appear to have our scoring boots on today. In the last few seconds of the first half Bedgrove broke down our right and we let their player go too far. Another ball into the 6 yard box saw us go in at 2-0 down. We had created the majority of the chances had the better of the game, but Bedgrove took 2 of the few chances they had. The first half team talk was to attack the dropping ball more and to be more aggressive in midfield when challenging for the ball. We were standing off too much, expecting the ball to come to us, that was never going to happen. The second half went much the same way as the first, we had our chances to get level, but could not get any meaningful shots on target. We let Bedgrove in with another, again in the 6 yeard area. We hit back when Alessio finally put away one of our chances, but it was too little too late. We need to learn to be more agressive on the ball, confidence is a big thing that seems to be missing from our play. Taplow away next week, time to dwell on what could and should have been.


Ducks Draw Burnham in B&B

Wednesday 16 October 2013 - 09:00 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | Fifteen comments | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury United have been drawn at home against former manager Martin Stone's Burnham in the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup Quarter Final.

The match will be played on Wednesday 13th November, at Bell Close, kick off 7.45pm.

Stone, whose brief tenure with the Ducks ended on the eve of the 2009/10 season, guided the Blues to the Division One Central Championship last season.

Also at Burnham is Byron Walton, who managed United for 13 games following Stone's departure before being succeeeded in the post by Tony Joyce.


Daventry Match Postponed Again

Wednesday 16 October 2013 - 08:56 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Two comments | Used tags: , ,

Due to the knock on effect of our opponents' rearranged cup games, the match against Daventry Town on 23rd October has been postponed.

Daventry's FA Cup tie at the weekend was called off due to the rain, meaning their Red Insure Cup game scheduled for this week has been moved back by a week.

A new date for our game with them will be announced in due course.


Jack Sillitoe

Tuesday 15 October 2013 - 08:51 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | Four comments | Used tags:

After several hours in hospital last night, Jack Sillitoe's dislocated shoulder was reset and he returned home in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Early indications are that Jack will miss the next two to three months of the season, although more will be known once he has seen a specialist.

It is typical that the injury was sustained making yet another spectacular save for the Ducks cause, by a player who has not missed a game in two years.

We wish Jack a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him back between the sticks again.

He joins the growing list of players who have suffered or are suffering lengthy injuries this season, which currently includes John Mulholland, Louis Austin, Stacey Field, Lee Grace, Steve Hatch, with Lee Bircham also still recovering from last season's leg break.

Meanwhile, defender Shane Wood, who also limped out of the Hemel match, is undergoing tests in hospital on his knee injury and we wish him well. More details when they are known.


Ducks Take Tudors Scalp

Monday 14 October 2013 - 9:45 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | Four comments | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury claimed the scalp of Premier Division leaders Hemel Hempstead Town with a 4-2 win at Vauxhall Road in the Red Insure Cup.

Although the Tudors, clearly with other priorities this season, changed their entire lineup from the weekend the Ducks still came up against a side with plenty of higher level experience and put in an excellent performance.

Two world class goals from Stacey Field gave the Ducks a healthy advantage, and prompted home manager Dean Brennan to introduce two first team regulars before the break.

United had to deal with plenty of pressure in the second half, and then lost goalkeeper Jack Sillitoe to a nasty looking shoulder injury - possibly a dislocation.

With substitute Liam Smyth taking over in goal, Town immediately pulled a goal back, only for Richard Armstrong to reestablish Aylesbury's commanding lead.

Another Hemel game reduced the margin to 2-3, but Field rounded off his excellent night by taking the matchball when he tapped home to complete his hattrick, and send Aylesbury into the second round.

» Match Report


U10 Assistant Manager Required

Monday 14 October 2013 - 1:20 pm | Added by: James Byrne to Juniors, Club News | Three comments |

Aylesbury United Juniors U10s are looking for an assistant manager to complement the current management team

Recently promoted to the blue division of the South Bucks Mini Conference after having won the yellow division cup the U10s consist of a squad of 17 players who play regular seven a side football in the Mini Conference.
The individual taking on the role will be expected to attend and assist with training on Saturday mornings (10 - 11.30) as well as attending matches on a Sunday morning at which they will be responsible for managing one seven a side team.
Previous coaching experience is preferred but not vital as the club will support you in obtaining your coaching qualifications. All coaches involved with the club are subject to the usual CRB checks.
Anyone interested in the role should contact in the first instance



Monday 14 October 2013 - 08:32 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, 21cd | One comment | Used tags: ,

The Annual General Meeting of the Aylesbury United Supporters Trust (21CD), will take place on Thursday 31st October at 7-30pm in Room 1-02 at Aylesbury College.

Only members of 21CD are entitled to attend the meeting. If your membership has lapsed but you wish to attend, or if you would like to become a member of your club's Supporter's Trust and vote at the AGM, you may either renew or take out membership before the meeting, including payment.

A check on membership may be carried out before the meeting commences.


Calor League/FA Cup Roundup

Saturday 12 October 2013 - 7:48 pm | Added by: Admin to Calor League, Club News | One comment |

With a number of sides still involved in FA Cup action, just the eight Calor League Division One Central matches were played today.

Daventry Town are one of the sides with cup commitments, albeit on Sunday, and second placed Dunstable Town took advantage by narrowing the gap to just one point by winning 2-1 at Egham Town, where Tony Burnett and Damen Pickering gave the Blues a 2-0 lead only for Egham to a stoppage time 'consolation'.

Third placed Barton Rovers were held to a 1-1 draw at Marlow, for whom Jon Bennett's dream start to his Marlow career continues with a 7th goal in 3 games since joining! He gave the hosts the lead on 64 minutes, but Tommy Hull cancelled it out just four minutes later to ensure honours even.

Down at the bottom, Chertsey Town's first league win of the season moved them off the foot of the table, as they won by the odd goal in seven at home to Aylesbury FC, in a match that Chertsey lead from the 10th minute and were twice two-goals ahead of their opponents.

Fellow strugglers Chalfont St. Peter also got their first home league win, as they beat local rivals Beaconsfield SYCOB 2-1. Scott Fitzgerald and an own goal put Saints 2-0 up in 30 minutes, and even though Brian Haule scored his third goal in third games, SYCOB were unable to prevent defeat.

Leighton Town now occupy 22nd spot after going down to a 1-0 defeat at home to their groundsharing tenants Aylesbury United, Jason Blackett's goal after 26 minutes proving decisive.

AFC Hayes announced a number of new signings this week, and they helped the Farm Park side to a 2-1 win over Kettering Town with Lawrie Shennan scoring twice before the break, before Kettering's own new signing, Scott Cross, scored after the break.

Mark Burgess's Northwood were able to build on their 8-3 win over Chertsey Town with a 3-0 win at Ashford Town (Mx), who are on a miserable run of form. George Nicholas, Oliver Sprague and Joakim Ehui scored the goals.

Lastly, St Ives Town beat Potters Bar Town 2-1 to move up to 6th in the table.

In the FA Cup, North Greenford United lost out to a stoppage time penalty giving Canvey Island a 2-1 win, but Rugby Town remain in the competition as they held Worcester City to a 0-0 draw.

Daventry Town take on Grays Athletic on Sunday.


United Edge Past Landlords

Saturday 12 October 2013 - 4:46 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Two comments | Used tags: , ,

Jason Blackett's 26th minute goal was enough to separate Aylesbury and Leighton at Bell Close in a 1-0 Ducks win.

The Leighton/Aylesbury derby is historically a match which delivers little excitement and few goals, and a game of limited chances didn't change that.

If United's performance at Potters Bar was their best of the season, then this was the worst and the deciding goal was something of a gift.

Sam Chapman hit a weak backpass, which Blackett got to just ahead of substitute keeper Sam Leggett to poke the ball into the net.

The game's other major talking point occurred with just eight minutes gone, when Matt Griggs took exception to Richard Armstrong's late aerial challenge on him and was dismissed for punching the United man in the face.

The numerical advantage rarely showed, and by the end the Ducks were hanging on to their slender lead nervously and had Jack Sillitoe for a late save which did at least preserve their precious three points.

» Match Report


Leighton Town Preview

Thursday 10 October 2013 - 11:07 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | Five comments | Used tags: , ,

This Saturday, Aylesbury take on landlords Leighton Town at Bell Close, with the Ducks the nominated 'away' side.

Our preview of the game is available now.

» Leighton Town preview


U7s have successful trial with Wycombe Wanderers Development Team

Wednesday 09 October 2013 - 10:02 am | Added by: James Byrne to Club News, Juniors | One comment |

3 of our U7 squad were recently successful at their trials with Wycombe Wanderers' Development Team

The three children involved were Hayden F, Ethan B and Haydon L. All 3 will continue to play for our U7s team whilst attending training sessions with Wycombe Wanderers.

We would like to congratulate all 3 and wish them all good luck.

Our U7s are still on the lookout for additional players to supplement their existing squad. Girls and boys in Year 2 are eligible to play. Anyone interested can simply show up for training, which is every Saturday from 10:15-11:45am at Stoke Mandeville Combined School, Lower Road, Stoke Mandeveille, HP22 5XA; or email


Division One Central/FA Trophy Roundup

Wednesday 09 October 2013 - 10:00 am | Added by: Admin to Calor League, Club News | Eight comments | Used tags: , ,

Seven Calor League Division One Central matches took place on Tuesday night, with top five sides of Daventry Town, Dunstable Town, Barton Rovers, Royston Town and Beaconsfield SYCOB all victorious.

A goal in each half from Ashley Robinson and Joe Henderson got Daventry back to winning ways, having lost to Dunstable Town last time out, with a hard fought 2-0 home win over Egham Town.

Dunstable themselves blew away St Ives Town with four first half goals putting them 4-0 up at Westwood Road, before a late consolation made the final score 1-4, whilst Barton won 3-1 at North Greenford United, but had to come from behind after Danny Vincent's first minute opener put the hosts ahead.

Also winners on the road were Beaconsfield SYCOB, who continued Ashford Town (Mx)'s poor run of form by inflicting a 4-1 defeat on their hosts, with Brian Haule scoring his second goal in two games and Aaron Lansiquot hitting a brace.

Royston won by a solitary goal at home to Uxbridge, Joe De La Salle's 11th minute strike proving to be decisive for a 1-0 result.

Back on the theme of away wins, and Aylesbury United were the fourth side to win on opposition turf as they moved up to 11th with a 3-0 win at Potters Bar Town, with Stacey Field scoring twice.

Big winners of the night though were Northwood, who romped to an 8-3 thrashing of struggling Chertsey Town, a scoreline thaty included a hattrick for Nico Muir at Northwood Park.

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances

In the FA Trophy Preliminary Round replays, two Division One Central sides progressed through, but one went out of the competition.

Aylesbury FC hosted Ryman League Division One South leaders VCD Athletic, and came from behind to send their Kent opponents crashing to their first defeat of the season, as Matt Hall scored an injury time screamer to send the Moles to the next round.

Having successfully appealed their winding up order in court a day earlier, two late goals helped Kettering Town progress, having fallen behind after just four minutes at Romulus. Jake Newman and Chris Logan then swung the tie in the Poppies' favour, scoring after 81 and 90 minutes respectively.

There wasn't such good news for Chalfont St. Peter though, who made the long journey to Bridgwater Town and, having lead with just four minutes of extra time remaining, eventually lost out 5-3 on penalties.


Outstanding Aylesbury Take Maximum Points

Tuesday 08 October 2013 - 9:27 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | One comment | Used tags: , ,

A first rate defensive display coupled with clinicism in front of goal gave Aylesbury an excellent 3-0 win at Potters Bar Town.

Every player worked themselves into the ground for 90 minutes in a tremendous United performance against a very capable Scholars side.

Stacey Field scored a brace of headers on 11 and 42 minutes to give the Ducks a very welcome lead going into half time.

Potters Bar played some great football at times, but they find a way through United's rock solid defence and were repelled time and time again.

A goal early in the second half, Lee Grace hitting his first in an Aylesbury shirt, ended any hopes of a home side comeback and the Ducks took the points, and the plaudits from their travelling supporters.

» Match Report


Potters Bar Preview

Monday 07 October 2013 - 10:37 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Four comments | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury return to league action for the first time in nearly two weeks as they travel to Hertfordshire to face Potters Bar Town on Tuesday night.

Our preview of the game is available now.

» Potters Bar Town preview


U10s win South Bucks Mini Conference Yellow Division Cup!

Monday 07 October 2013 - 08:20 am | Added by: James Byrne to Juniors, Club News | Nineteen comments |

The South Bucks Mini Conference Yellow Division Cup concluded this morning with the final between Group A winners Wycombe Saints and Group B winners Aylesbury United Juniors.
Having the slightly better record of the two sides from the group stage it was AUJFC who were the nominated homeside and there was a good crowd at Broughton Junior School to cheer both teams on.
The first two games were close affairs. The team managed by Lee overcame their opponents by five goals to one. This was thanks to two goals from the as hard working as ever Josh H and another hat trick from Elliott B to add his hat trick against Wendover last week. The team also welcomed back Nathan B to shore up the defence as he formed an almost unbreachable partnership with Ben P. The other members of this team were Andrew C who caused the opposition no end of problems down the left hand side as usual, Josh C who held the ball up well on his own up front and Akeem Z whose solid 10 minute cameo in midfield towards the end of the game really shored things up and ensured the victory.
The other U10 team was once again managed by Stuart and consisted of Toby C in goal, Kaelin S and Igor C in defence, George R, Charlie D and Harry G in midfield and Jacob O up front with Jack R providing back up in defence.
This team found themselves 2-0 down at half time but an inspired half time team talk from coach Stuart saw them fight their way back to level the game at 2-2 in a second half performance inspired in the main by the midfield duo of reigning U9s manager's player of the year Harry G whose passion and desire are a real inspiration to the whole team and Charlie D who is proving to be a real find having only joined the club in March of this year.
With 4 points obtained from the first two games only one win was required from the second set of games to ensure the cup came to Aylesbury. Things weren't looking good for the boys at one point as Wycombe Saints had the better of the first half of both games. Fortunately the boys came into their own in the second half with the team managed by Lee scoring four goals without reply against a Saints side consisting of outstanding players both in goal and in attack. Two of the goals scored in this half were scored by Andrew C and were his 60th and 61st goal of the year! The final goal was scored by Ben P who played the second half up front in place of Josh C who was rested after working very hard for the team over the previous 1 1/2 games. The other Ducks side experienced a 5-3 defeat in their second game as Saints gained a well deserved consolation victory but the boys had more than contributed to the overall result following their amazing comeback in the first game.
Manager Lee said after the game "it was an eventful and exciting morning with Saints giving us the test we were expecting. I am delighted with the spirit shown by all of the boys, they really played like they wanted to win, especially Stuart's team in the second half of their first match and my team in the second half of their second match. We now move onto the Blue Division next week in which I am expecting some real tests of our mettle. We need to believe we belong at this level and whilst respecting our opponents we need to ensure that any results gained against us are hard earned. I have every belief in the boys that once we settle down in the division we will be more than competitive."
We would also like to thank Errol Crawford, Wycombe Saints Manager for providing the trophies presented to the teams at the end of the game.

The U10s are still looking for a couple of outfield players to supplement the existing squad. Anyone intersted can show up at training, which is every Saturday from 10-11.30am at Broughton Junior School or email


Nervous Ducks Eventually Go Through

Sunday 06 October 2013 - 4:48 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | One comment | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury went through to the 1st Qualifying Round of the FA Trophy with a 4-2 win over Faversham Town.

The Ducks stormed into a 27-minute 3-0 lead with goals from Bill Morgan and two Keith Williams penalties to give a commanding advantage.

But a cheaply conceded goal just before the break handed Faversham a lifeline, with the Kent side then adding a second early in the second half.

It lead to some nervy moments as the Ryman Division One South outfit pressed hard for an equaliser, but Aylesbury survived the pressure before adding a fourth themselves to finally win the tie. Jason Blackett scoring with a superb low strike from outside the area.

United will now face another Kent side, Ramsgate, in two weeks time at Bell Close.

» Match Report


FA Trophy Roundup

Saturday 05 October 2013 - 8:25 pm | Added by: Admin to Calor League, Club News | Eight comments | Used tags: , ,

With Aylesbury United playing on Sunday, the remaining 21 Calor League Division One Central sides took to FA Trophy action this afternoon.

Ten teams won straight through, three will require midweek replays, but eight teams were knocked out.

Ryan Howell's 37th minute goal proved decisive for Daventry Town, who bounced back after losing their 100% league record in midweek with a 1-0 home victory over Sutton Coldfield Town.

Victors over Daventry in the week were Dunstable Town, and they built on that win with a 4-1 thrashing of Erith & Belvedere at Creasey Park, with goals from Chris Marsh, Danny Murphy, Lee Roache and Adam Watkins.

Two Staines Town loanees - Joe Hughes and Cyril Ocansey - scored for Ashford Town (Mx) at Egham Town to level the match after Egham had a two-goal half time advantage, only for an 83rd minute winner from the hosts Mo Harkin sending them through 3-2.

At Godalming Town, Slough Town won 2-1 against their management team Neil Baker and Jon Underwood's former club, along with a number of Slough players who made the switch during the summer, Scott Harris and Edward Smith scoring the goals.

Chertsey Town secured their third win of the season as they won by the odd goal in seven at Guildford City, Tom Betts hitting a double as they won 4-3.

Josh Hutchinson scored his first goals of the season for Potters Bar Town, who overcame Romford 2-0 at home, whilst fellow newcomers to the league this season, St. Ives Town, were also victorious with a 1-0 win at Rainworth Miners Welfare, with Avelino Vieira scoring his first St. Ives goal since switching from Corby Town.

Three second half goals, including a brace from Anthony O'Connor, secured a 3-0 win for North Greenford United at Leighton Town, who are still seeking their first win of the season.

Another two Division One Central teams met at Northwood Park, and a rollercoaster match eventually finished 3-2 to visitors AFC Hayes. Lawrie Shennan gave Hayes a 14th minute lead, which was cancelled out by Nico Muir two minutes later before Dave Lawrence gave Northwood the lead, only for Jordan Lawal and Jake Cass to win the game for Hayes.

Marlow came out on top of a 5-3 thriller at Division One South & West side Wimborne Town, as Ben Gladwin and Jon Bennett scored twice each as the Blues overturned a two-goal deficit to win.

Requiring replays are Chalfont St. Peter, who were only held to a 1-1 draw at Mill Meadow by Bridgwater Town's 82nd minute goal, cancelling out Alan Hedley's strike earlier in the second half. Kettering Town also drew 1-1, going behind early on to Romulus before Chimdi Akubuine's leveller - his first goal for the club.

Aylesbury FC's counter-attacking gameplan looked to be paying dividends as they took a 2-0 lead in 30 minutes at runaway Ryman League Division One South leaders VCD Athletic, but the hosts showed all their quality as they fought back to force a replay after a 2-2 draw.

Going out of the competition are Barton Rovers, who crashed 3-0 at home to Peacehaven & Telscombe, whilst Rugby Town were also eliminated having travelled North to Chasetown. Valley lead after just 5 minutes through Alex Gudger, but the Scholars scored twice after the break to swing the match.

Early goals cost Royston Town, who were 2-0 down to Ryman League side Three Bridges after just 14 minutes and although Ross Collins brought the Crows back in touch, a late goal saw the visitors win 3-1.

Brian Haule scored on his Beaconsfield SYCOB after transferring from Aylesbury FC, but couldn't prevent his new side losing 3-1 at Shortwood United, and Uxbridge also went out with a 2-1 home defeat by Heybridge Swifts.


Ducks Defender Sidelined

Friday 04 October 2013 - 9:47 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | One comment | Used tags: ,

Steve Hatch

Steve Hatch

Ducks defender Steve Hatch has sustained a broken collarbone, ruling him out of action for the foreseable future.

The freak injury occurred in an awkward landing and is likely to see the 20-year old on the sidelines for at least six weeks.

He becomes the latest in a succession of injuries for Aylesbury this season, but we wish Steve all the best for a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him back in a green and white shirt soon.


Saturday Morning Football Sessions

Thursday 03 October 2013 - 1:43 pm | Added by: James Byrne to Juniors, Club News | Thirteen comments |

Starting from this Saturday, Aylesbury United Juniors will have 2 football sessions running every Saturday

There will be MiniDucks, for girls and boys in Reception to Year 3. This will run from 10:15-11:45am every Saturday at Stoke Mandeville Combined School, Lower Road, Stoke Mandeville, HP22 5XA. Girls and boys who are in their last year of pre-school are also welcome to attend. These sessions will act as an introduction to football for children in Year 1 and below in the hope that as many as possible progress to the U7 teams of the future. Our existing U7 (Year 2) and U8 (Year 3) teams both train at the same venue at the same time which gives a real club feel to the sessions.

There will also be JuniorDucks for girls and boys in Years 4, 5 and 6. This will run from 10:00-11:30am every Saturday Morning at Broughton Junior School, Broughton Avenue, Aylesbury, HP20 1NQ. Girls and boys are all welcome to attend whether they have played football before or not.

With both sessions, we operate on a "turn up and play" basis so no prior booking is required. Anyone interested can either turn up and join in or email for more information.

All coaches are minimum of FA Level 1 qualified which encompasses Safeguarding Children & Emergency First Aid qualifications and are Enhanced CRB checked.

First session is free. Each subsequent session is just £3 - this also covers matchday subs and all profits are reinvested in equipment for the players.

Here is a link to a poster advertising the sessions. Please try and get your local school, community centre, shops etc to display this poster.


Faversham FA Trophy Preview

Thursday 03 October 2013 - 11:12 am | Added by: Admin to Club News | Two comments |

This Sunday, Aylesbury United host Faversham Town in the FA Trophy Preliminary Round. Our preview of the match is available now.

» Faversham Town preview


Ducks Through With Thatcham Thumping

Wednesday 02 October 2013 - 9:35 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | Three comments | Used tags: , ,

Five different scorers found the net as Aylesbury romped to a 5-0 Berks & Bucks Senior Cup win over Thatcham Town.

It took just two minutes for Ben Baines to scramble home the opener from close range after keeper Ashley West had flapped at a corner.

The lead was doubled just before the quarter hour mark courtesy of Stacey Field, who then turned provider for the third for Joey Acheampong to score before Liam Smyth's rather foruitous richochet made it 4-0 at half time.

After the break United were happy to preserve their lead and the Kingfishers had a number of chances as they sought a way back into the game.

The Ducks kept their clean sheet in tact and it was Richard Armstrong - a class above for most of the match in another dominant display - who capped a great night with the fifth and final goal when he flicked home Zack Reynolds's searchig pass eight minutes from time.

» Match Report


Midweek Action Roundup

Tuesday 01 October 2013 - 10:10 pm | Added by: Admin to Calor League, Club News | Fifteen comments | Used tags: , ,

After eight matches, Daventry Town's 100% start to the league season was brought to an end in the midweek's only Calor League Division One Central match, as they went down to a 3-1 defeat at Dunstable Town.

The hosts had to come from behind as Daventry's Mykel Beckley opened the scoring with eight minutes played, only for Tony Burnett four minutes later, and then ex-Duck Chris Marsh to make it 2-1 on the stroke of half time, with Lee Roache adding a late third.

One FA Cup replay involving a Division One Central club was played tonight, as North Greenford United made the 3rd Qualifying Round for only the third time in their history by beating FC Clacton 3-1 thanks to goals from Danny Vincent (penalty), Omar Vassell and Liam Hind.

On Monday night Skrill South outfit Boreham Wood finally broke Barton Rovers' resistance after Saturday's goalless draw, with Wood sending Rovers out of the competition 3-0 at


Mini Soccer Teams Roundup

Tuesday 01 October 2013 - 1:10 pm | Added by: James Byrne to Club News, Juniors | Nine comments |

Under 7 - Chinnor Youth v Aylesbury United Juniors
The boys done good!

The teams where divided in two by age, the predominantly older team (A) consisted of Sam, Ethan, Hayden, Emmanuel, Ryan & Owais, and the predominantly younger team (B) consisted of Henry, Jonathan, Leo, Haydon, Rory, Freddie & Alex.

Team A's report -

In the first match the team came away with an very high scoring win, conceding no goals which was fantastic.  I was very pleased with how the team have bonded, they listened to each other and myself.  The passing at such a young age was great to see in our first competitive match, with the goals being shared out between four of our players.  They are already becoming aware of their positions on the pitch and were quick to get back into position after a little encouragement from myself.  Also the concentration of our goalkeeper Sam was particularly pleasing throughout the match, he had little to do due to the great performances by all the outfield players but was still very good.

In our second game we came away with another prolific win still not conceding any goals but not scoring as many either, but in many ways I was more pleased due to a couple of goals being created all the way from our goalkeeper through our defence, midfield and finished off by our strikers, the ball being passed between every player before ending up in the back of the net.  The players have shown a great togetherness in such a short space of time and even created a couple of goals from crosses, which I personally have not seen much of in training so that was very pleasing to witness.  I was very proud of them all today and it was great to get off to a very good winning start, scoring lots of goals and at the same time keeping two clean sheets, so well done lads.

Shaun Teasdale
U7 Assistant Coach

Team B's report -

The first game was a tough one and saw us only win by a narrow margin.  Resilience played off for the young squad coming from behind to eventually win by two goals.  Thanks has to be awarded to Jonathan in defence who ensured no further goals were leaked and allowed the team to put together some good attack runs and ensure the result went in our favour.

The second match showed a willingness to pressure the opposition, learning the best form of defence can be attack.  The players listened well and put into practice what was being asked of them.  Alex went in goal for the whole match and along with a strong defence kept a clean sheet.  Good attack runs continued with Rory, Freddie and Haydon, even Henry and Leo pushed up from the back to pressure the oppositions defence and achieve a convincing win.

Kris Butterworth
U7 Team Coach

Well done to both our teams for some entertaining football and pleasing results, thanks also to the parents/guardians especially Justin (Freddie's Dad) and Stuart (Rory's Dad) who refereed a match each.

Under 10 - Aylesbury United Juniors vs Marlow Town
Aylesbury United Junior U10s concluded their yellow division cup group B campaign against teams from Marlow Town and Wendover Youth on Sunday morning

Needing only one win from the four games to secure a place in next Sunday's final the boys went a bit further than that and recorded four victories to end the group stage with a maximum 36 points out of 36.
All four games were played in a competitive spirit with all four teams involved playing football in the correct manner. Both games against Wendover were typical blood and thunder derbies with the young ducks winning by a single goal on both occassions.
Special mentions for their performances on the day go to Toby Clarke in goal, Charlie Davies in defence, Elliott Behan (who scored a great hat trick in one of the games against Wendover), Josh Harrison who scored his first ever goal with his head (!) and Andrew Carr who caused numerous problems for the opposition on the left side.
A massive thank you also to U8s manager Stuart Clarke who came down to run one of the sides this morning as our other coaches were unavailable due to work / other club committments.
We are waiting to hear who our opposition will be in next week's final but it is an occassion we are determined to enjoy regardless of the outcome.
In another development we have been informed by the league that from the start of the league season on October 13th the U10s will be promoted to the Blue Division of the South Bucks Mini Conference thanks to their outstanding performance in the yellow division cup.
Manager Lee said "In the space of three weeks we have acheived my two main aims of the season - a cup final appearance and promotion to the Blue Division. The Blue Division will be a massive challenge for us as it contains some really strong clubs but I'm sure once they settle down the boys will compete well and continue with their development as both individuals and as a team. Having worked with the boys for two years now I can say the success they are currently experiencing is well deserved."

Under 11 - Pitstone & Ivinghoe vs Aylesbury United Juniors
Aylesbury took the lead in the first minute and never looked back. Probably due to the extra large size of the goals (21 by 7 feet) this was a high scoring game - goals from both teams coming in floods at a time

Another new addition to the squad, Alex played in central defence and earned man of the match. he showed great determination to step forward and challenge for the ball as well as moving quick out wide to give cover to the wing backs. Jonny and Josh both played in central defence also and give us real presence in the centre channel.

The wing backs Jamie B and Thomas both showing good movement and positional awareness. Thomas has a terrific throw in which acts like a cross into the penalty box.

Matt and Bradley in midfield are creative minded players who know how to push forward well.

Up front saw the strong partnership of Josh L and Jamie H - between them scoring all the goals and assisting one another well. Jamie in particular does terrific forward runs off the ball which creates space for Josh L to dribble into and make shooting opportunities.

First half saw a defensive 4-2-2 formation and second half went ultra defensive 6-1-1 and this proved counter productive. As every time the ball reached the halfway line it came straight back at us. Jamie H was left alone with no support and I made a mistake taking Bradley off leaving Matt with no support in the centre midfield for the whole 2nd half.

Next few weeks training will progress from defending work to midfield - clearing the ball out of own goal area, to receive, control and retain possession. Followed by forward runs on and off the ball and creating space. This in time should lead us to have a more fluid formation going from 4-2-2 in defending third of the pitch to 2-4-2 in midfield and 2-3-3 in attacking third.

Next week is our first Home game against Thame Youth at Walton Court 10.30 am kick off - further information will be given on Saturday at training.