The Evo-Stik League South

Aylesbury United News

New Years Day Pitch Inspection

Tuesday 31 December 2013 - 09:58 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: ,

Based on the current condition of the Bell Close pitch, and the forecast of more rain to come, a pitch inspection has been planned prior to the New Year's Day fixture with Beaconsfield SYCOB.

The inspection will take place at 10.30am, and results will be posted here and on Twitter (@aylesburyutdfc) as soon as they become known.


Beaconsfield Match Preview

Monday 30 December 2013 - 2:29 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury United host Beaconsfield SYCOB at Bell Close on New Year's Day (once again, weather permitting), as two teams in good form come together for what should be an entertaining clash. Our match preview is now available.

» Match preview


Fixture News

Monday 30 December 2013 - 10:39 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: ,

Three Aylesbury United matches have been rearranged following the recent weather-related postponements:

St Ives Town (away) - Tuesday 14th January, kick off 7.45pm

Chalfont St. Peter (home) - Wednesday 5th February, kick off 7.45pm

Aylesbury FC (away) - Tuesday 11th February, kick off 7.45pm

» Aylesbury United fixture list


Chertsey Match Report

Monday 30 December 2013 - 08:25 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: ,

Aylesbury United claimed an important three points on Saturday with a 1-0 win over Chertsey Town in a scrappy affair at Bell Close. The full match report, courtesy of Leon O'Sullivan, is now online.

» Chertsey Match Report


Chertsey Match Preview

Friday 27 December 2013 - 10:45 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

Weather permitting, Aylesbury are due to host struggling Chertsey Town in the Calor League Division One Central on Saturday, looking to complete their first double of the season. Our match preview is available now at the link below.

» Match preview


Match Postponed

Thursday 26 December 2013 - 10:15 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | | Used tags: ,

Today's fixture at Aylesbury FC has been postponed due to a flooded pitch.

The game will now be rearranged for a later date to be advised.

Aylesbury United are next in action on Saturday 28th December at home to Chertsey Town.


Festive Management Message

Tuesday 24 December 2013 - 11:47 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | | Used tags:

A Christmas message from Ducks boss Tony Joyce:

"Happy Christmas to all Ducks' fans, players and families.

2013 has been a great year for us all, and on and off the field the club is moving forward.

As we look forward to the Boxing day Derby game at FC, I'm pleased to say the squad is looking healthy and the only absentees will be suspended duo richard Armstrong and Jason Blackett.

I am looking forward to 2014 and feel the club has a very bright future. We have an excellent young squad, good people running the club, great support from you the fans and a fantastic (young!) manager(!!)

Enjoy Christmas and see you all on Boxing Day.



Division One Central Roundup

Saturday 21 December 2013 - 8:54 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: ,

Only four Calor League Division One Central games survived this weekend's wet weather, with the remaining seven matches postponed.

With second placed Rugby one of those not in action, Dunstable Town were able to open up a three-point gap at the top with a twelfth straight league win as they beat Northwood 3-2 at Creasey Park.

It was a match the away side twice lead, with Nico Muir (penalty) and ex-Oxhey Jets defender Steve Brown's efforts levelled by Adam Watkins (penalty) and BJ Christie respectively, before former Aylesbury winger Chris Marsh scored the winner after the break.

Late drama saw fellow promotion hopefuls Slough Town fell to a surprise 2-1 home defeat to out of form Uxbridge, with the Reds scoring in the second minute of stoppage time to take all three points, just seconds after Slough thought they had salvaged a draw, with striker Tony Mendy scoring in his first game since returning to the club.

Daventry Town, who still have four to five games in hand over all teams around them, continued their title-challenge with a fourth match unbeaten as they thrashed Aylesbury FC 4-0, with the Moles unable to build on last weekend's first win since September. 

Finally, Beaconsfield SYCOB made it three wins in a row by securing a 3-0 win at Egham Town, courtesy of goals from Tom O'Regan, Jack Hutchinson and Aaron Morgan.

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances


Chalfont Match Postponed

Saturday 21 December 2013 - 09:52 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: ,

Today's fixture against Chalfont St Peter has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

The game will now be rearranged for a later date to be advised.

Aylesbury United are next in action on Boxing Day when we travel to Aylesbury FC.

May we take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!


Keith Baker, sad news

Friday 20 December 2013 - 10:41 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags:

It is with great sadness we report that former Ducks keeper Keith Baker passed away last night after a fourteen-month long battle with cancer of the oesophogus. He was just 57, and his wife and daughters were at his side.

Keith served the club with great distinction for seven years between 1980-81 and 1986-87, playing 380 first team games making him second in the all-time list of appearances.

Naturally we extend our sincere condolences to his family. A minute's silence in honour of Keith Baker will be held before tomorrow's game with Chalfont St. Peter


Jack Sillitoe

Thursday 19 December 2013 - 8:55 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags:

Goalkeeper Jack Sillitoe will play for Winslow United this weekend in order to get some game time as he recovers from his dislocated shoulder injury.

With the Ducks having signed Alex Tokarczyk on an additional month's loan, the deal will give Jack some much needed minutes under his belt.

This will be the third 'loan' of his Aylesbury career, having previously featured for Chalfont Wasps and Buckingham Town.


Chalfont Match Preview

Thursday 19 December 2013 - 4:30 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: ,

Aylesbury face their first return fixture of the season this weekend, as Buckinghamshire-neighbours Chalfont St. Peter make the trip to Bell Close. Our match preview is available now at the link below.

» Match preview


St Ives Match Postponed

Tuesday 17 December 2013 - 1:31 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | | Used tags:

Unfortunately, tonight's match at St Ives Town has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

A lunchtime pitch inspection was carried out at Westwood Road.


St. Ives Match Preview

Monday 16 December 2013 - 11:02 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

Two newly promoted sides clash on Tuesday night, as Aylesbury make the trip to face St. Ives Town. Our match preview is available now at the link below.

» Match preview


Three Points Despite Late Scares

Saturday 14 December 2013 - 4:58 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | | Used tags: ,

Aylesbury emerged from basement-side Ashford Town (Mx) with a 2-1 win despite several late scares which saw the hosts nearly claim a point.

Jason Blackett scored both the Ducks goals, one in each half, to set up what looked like being a comfortable win at the out-of-form Ash Trees.

But a quick reply from the home side, Alex Tokarczyk wrongfooted by a deflected shot, brought Ashford right back into the game.

Although the Ducks did also have chances, The Tangerines hit the post, had an effort miraculously cleared and called upon Tokarczyk to save on a number of occasions, leaving Aylesbury somewhat relieved come the final whistle.

» Match report


Ducks Complete New Signing

Friday 13 December 2013 - 2:21 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: ,

Aylesbury United are pleased to announce a new signing ahead of Saturday's trip to Ashford Town (Mx).

Midfielder Dale Turney has joined the club and will be available for this weekend's fixture.

Previously with Dunstable Town, he has made 17 appearances for AFC Dunstable this season, and last season scored 10 goals from midfield.

We welcome Dale to Aylesbury!


Ashford Match Preview

Thursday 12 December 2013 - 12:00 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury make their first ever competitive visit to Ashford Town (Middlesex) this weekend, as the league's bottom side host the Ducks on Saturday. Read our match preview now.

» Match preview


Youth & Mini Teams Roundup

Wednesday 11 December 2013 - 1:00 pm | Added by: James Byrne to Juniors, Club News | |

U7 - Aylesbury United v Thame Boys
U8 - Flackwell Heath Scorpions v Aylesbury United
U9 - Hughenden Valley v Aylesbury United
U10 - Aylesbury United v Risborough Rangers Blue
U11 - Aylesbury United v Westwood Park Colts
U14 - Aylesbury United 1-0 Chesham United Rangers
U14 Youth - Aylesbury United Youth 3-2 Chalfont Saints Colts
U16 - Aylesbury United 4-3 Beaconsfield Holtspur United
U18 - Bourne End Youth 0-4 Aylesbury United

U7 - Aylesbury United v Thame Boys
Again the teams were divided in two by age, the predominantly older team (A) consisted of Sam, Ethan, Hayden, Ryan, Owais, Charlie & Jaden, and the predominantly younger team (B) consisted of Henry, Jonathan, Leo, Haydon, Rory, Freddie & Luca.

Team A's report

Today's games were against a very strong Thame Boys side, in which we came away with a narrow defeat and a well deserved draw.

In the first match it was all about the midfield areas, with a very strong and best personal performance of the season for Ryan.  His strong tackling, effort and overall passing was something that started to flow throughout the team, with some great forward play down the wings which we have been working on in training.  The whole team really put a lot of effort and worked hard all over the pitch throughout the game.

Sam had a busy first half in goal pulling off a string of superb saves and both Ethan and Hayden were as reliable as ever at the back, but such was the strength of our opponents today they never really had too many chances to venture forward.  Credit to them for being so disciplined at such a young age!

After coming from 2-0 down a strong second half matched the first half efforts, with shots raining in from Owais and Ryan.  Persistence finally paid off late on in the second half when Charlie finished off a good move, which was developed from some good passing down the wing.  But just as it looked like we might just get the equaliser we ran out of time, but a great fight back so well done lads.

The second match was equally tough, I changed things around giving Charlie a go in goal who has impressed in previous games.  We were on the back foot early on, going behind 2-0 again and having to play on what was becoming a very muddy pitch especially in the centre.  So after a few adjustments the team started to click and use the wings more and create some good chances, forcing some good saves from the Thame keeper and rushed defending from their defence which was a credit to the constant pressure we put them under.

We matched Thame all over the pitch and another set of strong tackles from Ryan and Jaden allowed Sam (who was now enjoying a run out on pitch after the first match in goal) a few good shots on goal and was unlucky not to score today.

Ryan got himself on the score sheet late on in the first half to bring us back into the game, after some very good attacking down the wings again from Jaden, Sam and Owais, which gave us a fighting chance in the second half where I changed things around again.  Playing Hayden as a striker proved a good move which started off with a great set of tackles from Ethan who passed to Jaden, who skipped and bustled through the midfield before passing out wide on the left to Hayden, who fired home to earn the team a great draw and this time the comeback to 2-2 was complete.  A very happy team celebrated, it is lovely to see such great team spirit and the will to keep going until the final whistle!

Well done lads today, I thought it was the best team performance of the season.  I saw some very pleasing things along with a couple of areas we need to work on in training (like throw in's).

Shaun Teasdale U7 Assistant Coach

Team B's report

I had stated previously that Thame Boys would be a tough test for our young players and that certainly was the case, but the opposition's challenge was equally matched by team work built up by our lads over the previous three league matches.

To keep a good moral in the early stages we started with Rory in goal, who had previously impressed with his heroics between the posts.  In front of him two eager defenders stood strong in Leo and Henry, our midfield maestro was Freddie and our head strong attacker Luca.  Finally completing our line up were some secret weapons as substitutes, in Jonathan and Haydon (two previous man of the match winners for the B team).

The first half of the first game saw several waves of attack from Thame with counter attacks made by Aylesbury, but as we went into the break 2-0 down was the score line, only kept low by the whole team battling against the run of play.

The half time changes consisted of Luca going in goal (another player who had previously impressed with his shot stopping ability), swapping with Rory who went upfront to display his goal scoring talent.  Leo and Freddie were rested, both after putting in tremendous effort that had helped to keep the goal difference small.  Jonathan then came on to head up defence on his own pushing Henry into midfield to continue his commitment shown in the first half, and Haydon came on to work the other wing which he has done so well in the past.

The second half of the first game saw a change in the flow of play as Aylesbury pressed Thame in a more attacking approach to the game (going from two in defence to two in midfield).  That pressure was rewarded with two fine goals from Rory to get a very deserved draw, which the building up momentum could have easily seen become a win.  As the tide turned the moral grew stronger with our young players and they finished with exhausted but happy faces.

The second match started with Leo in goal willing to do a stint between the sticks, after a very impressive defensive display in the first match.  And to keep with a more attacking formation we kept just Jonathan in defence who had helped press the opposition in the first game.  Freddie and Haydon were our two midfielders to ensure we kept the right flow, both looking to make runs down the wing but also very aware of the need to defend should the opposition counter attack.  Finally up front was Rory keen to start the second match with the same attacking prowess as the first.

Fast off the blocks Aylesbury went, high on the buzz the finish to the last game gave them.  Soon the eager players were 2-0 up a reverse of the first match, with goals courtesy of Haydon and Jonathan both coming from a nice fluid attack (one wing, one sweeper).  That exhausting first half display and perhaps used up adrenaline was to be tested for the second half as they tried to push for a third before the half time whistle then blew.

The second half saw Rory rested in place of Luca who was keen to help the team he had been watching work hard in the first half.  Leo who had done brilliantly in goal to keep a clean sheet before the second half, handed the gloves to Haydon who also happily wanted to share the task of shot stopper.  Jonathan remained as the sole defender and Freddie remained in midfield to accompany Leo in his new position.

The changes made kept positions with the same roles but tired Aylesbury legs against a fresh flow of players from Thame saw the score line clawed back by the opposition and although the players came close with a good effort from Luca towards the end, a draw was how it ended and both teams although tired were happy with their performances and so they should be.

Well done lads a tremendous team effort, very inspiring hence the long report (sorry).  Keep up the good work and a proud coach you will continue to have (sounds a bit like Yoda).  :-)

Kris Butterworth U7 Team Coach

Thanks again to the parents/guardians for bringing their appreciated support, moral is always boosted by their attendance.  I would also like to thank two important people who played a part in today's fixture, Justin (Freddie's Dad) and Stuart (Rory's Dad) who refereed a Team B match each, thank you Gents.

U8 - Flackwell Heath Scorpions v Aylesbury United
The team was once again spilt into two squads. Team one consisted of Kyle in goal, SJ, Oliver, Lee, Nico and Corey. Team 2 consisted of Toby in goal, John, Nathaniel, Jack, Braden and Will.

With both goal keepers giving excellent performances it is great to be in the position of being able to put strong goal keepers with each team.

Team one was missing SJ from the start so played Lee at the back alongside Oliver. They both did extremely well considering this was a new position to both of them. We started brightly taking an early lead from Corey's goal following a great link up with Nico. Unfortunately the boys back-slided in terms of defence leaving gaps for Flackwell to take advantage of which they did on a number of occasions. Kyle did his best in goal to keep their score to a minimum.  At half time the boys had a rousing speech from their coach Stuart Clark asking them to forget the first half and play the second with their heads up.  This led to an amazing second half with Corey scoring and no goals conceded.

Game 2 Stuart Clark asked the boys to forget the first game and step up a gear as he knew they could. This they did by putting the opposition under pressure from the very start of the game which ended with them scoring an own goal. The boys didn't look back following this and continued to push forcing some excellent saves from the Flackwell keeper, until a well worked corner saw SJ scoring for the first time this season. The boys were in control at half time and were well praised by their coach who asked the. To continue to step up the gears. They did this extremely well by holding a tight line. Unfortunately no more goals came even though they were deserved. Flackwell scored a consolation goal at the end of the match, but this didn't dampen the team's spirits who secured this victory against a well organised and disciplined side.

A huge thank you to all the parents who made the journey and supported the teams, especially with the unusually late kick off.

I am very proud of the boys this week and I'm looking forward to building on this in training  and in future games. Man of the match was Oliver this week

U9 - Hughenden Valley v Aylesbury United
Leon’s Team

Match 1

Gk: Ted, Defence: Charlie, Zico, Kyle, Midfield: Oliver, Callum S, Ibrahim, Striker:Ben

Straight from the kick off Aylesbury were on the attack trying to force an opening. The ball broke to Kyle who had come up from the back to force the Hughenden keeper into an early save. Aylesbury continued to work hard in the final third with Ben creating an excellent cross that unfortunately no-one was able to convert. Hughenden were also starting to create chances and Ted was soon called into action. Some great passing from Charlie set up a chance for Oliver whose shot was well saved by their keeper. Further Aylesbury pressure saw Ben force their keeper into another fine save. With only a minute or two of the half left Zico started a move forwards from defence and provided an excellent cross which somehow evaded Ben but fell kindly to Callum who was well positioned at the far post. He controlled the ball and then took a well-aimed shot that hit the back of the net. A thoroughly deserved 1 nil lead to Aylesbury. The second half began badly with Aylesbury conceding an early goal. The score now 1-1. From the restart Callum found some space but his shot was deflected to safety. Further pressure saw a Zico corner and a shot from Ibrahim well saved by the Hughenden keeper. Another fine pass from Kyle found Oliver who ran towards the Hughenden goal and unleashed a powerful shot that hit the back of the net. Aylesbury now 2-1 up. Aylesbury were now well on top and a good interchange between  Oliver and Zico allowed the latter to shoot and force another fine save from the Hughenden keeper. Hughenden then produced a fine catch from Ted in the Aylesbury goal. However their next attack produced an equaliser which Ted was unable to prevent. The score now 2-2. The game was now finely balanced but Aylesbury were looking for a winner. With only a minute or two left on the watch Zico brought the ball out of defence and unleased a looping shot from 20 yards which the Hughenden keeper was unable to hold and prevent from crossing the line. What a match winner certainly another candidate for goal of the season. The game ended 3-2 to Aylesbury. A hard fought but well deserved win.

Match 2

Straight from the kick off Aylesbury were under pressure with Charlie and Kyle producing excellent blocks. Aylesbury were struggling to find their rhythm and create many chances. Ted was called into action and produced a fine save. Aylesbury forced a corner which Ben took well but were unable to capitalise on the opportunity. Another Aylesbury attack saw a great cross from Ben expertly cut out by the Hughenden keeper. Hughenden began to put Aylesbury under increasing pressure and a manic goal mouth scramble saw Ted produce a fine save and Kyle and Charlie produce last ditch tackles to prevent Aylesbury from going behind. However, the cracks were starting to appear and from the next attack Hughenden took the lead. The score 1-0 to Hughenden and that’s how the half ended. The second half started well with Aylesbury forcing a corner which unfortunately came to nothing. Hughenden then began to get on top and their striker produced a fierce shot which Ted expertly parried away but the ball dropped kindly and Hughenden were able to tap the ball in for their second goal. The score now 2-0. Aylesbury were looking tired but continued to search for a goal. Callum picked up the ball on the left wing and dribbled towards the Hughenden goal but was unable to find the right pass. A fine move which saw Ibrahim setting up a shot for Oliver but unfortunately he couldn’t find the net. There the game ended in a defeat 2-0 to Hughenden.    

Ben’s Team - Match Report by Ceri Baker

Gk: Ieuan, Defence: Callum A, Charlie T, Alex Midfield: Ethan, Ryan, Tomas Striker: Tyno

Two solid performances by Ben's team against Hughenden on pitches which had a small amount of grass amongst the mud!

The first match kicked off with Ben's team kicking up the slope and missing 3 key players in Fin, Scott and Yannis.

The first part of the match was quite even, but after a quiet few weeks Ieuan was soon called into action on what turned out to be a busy day for him to tip a good Hughenden shot past the post. Hughenden continued to press and eventually they latched onto a slight mix up in the Aylesbury defence to slip the ball past Ieuan and lead 1-0 at half time despite Ethan's energetic attacking threat.

Kicking down the slope and with the welcome introduction of Ryan who was a late arrival at half time, Aylesbury looked more threatening and Tyno who had a great game soon slotted in from close range to equalise. Aylesbury continued to put Hughenden under pressure, and after another good save by Ieuan, the hard-working Tomas slotted in another close range effort to give Aylesbury a 2-1 lead. It was looking like Aylesbury may hang on for a hard earned victory with Alex in defence performing solidly until Callum who had an otherwise fine match unluckily scoring an own goal which he could do nothing about, following a Hughenden corner. The match continued to ebb and flow, and finally finished in a hard earned 2-2 draw.

The second match was a real nail-biter. Aylesbury had the slight advantage of the slope in the first half and eventually they made this pay off when Callum scored to give Aylesbury the lead. Charlie, the smiling assassin gave Ieuan solid support at the back, he was on good form and when Hughenden finally got a good shot in, Ieuan made another good save to tip it past the post and Aylesbury led 1-0 at half-time.

The second half was a cracker. Ethan and Ryan were everywhere and always looked dangerous when Aylesbury attacked. Meanwhile Callum made 3 or 4 great runs from defence which Bobby Moore would have been proud of and appeared unlucky not to be given a goal following a cracking shot from the half-way line which thudded into the bar and appeared to have been very close to bouncing over the line. Hughenden were dangerous on the break though despite Alex's best endeavours and Ieuan made 3 or 4 great saves coming off his line when Hughenden strikers had 1 on 1s with him and handling well in difficult conditions.

Overall two great performances, one win and a draw, and encouraging signs for the future.

U10 - Aylesbury United v Risborough Rangers Blue
It was an early start for Aylesbury United Juniors U10s on Sunday morning as they faced Risborough Rangers Blue in a 9.30 kick off at Fairford Leys.

Rangers were the first team the boys faced upon their promotion to the Blue Division back in October so this match would hopefully give an indication of how far the boys have progressed since the first game some two months ago although the unavailability curse that has hit the team struck again with six players (1/3 of the squad) unable to take part in the match.

Stuart Clark was once again on hand to take one of the teams and his side consisted of Toby C (GK), Igor C, Harry G, Jacob O, Kaelin S and Nelson N.

Manager Lee took the other side which consisted of Oliver F (GK), Josh C, Ben P, Andrew C, Nathan B and Aqib Z.   The first games saw Stuart's side record a brilliant four clear goal victory with goals in this game coming from Kaelin S (2), Harry G, a headed goal from Jacob O and a fine individual effort from Igor C.

Lee's side did not fair so well and despite going into the half time break level at 0-0 two second half Risborough goals saw a valiant AUJFC team defeated as they struggled to come to terms with the absence of some creative players. The game was however notable for another brilliant goalkeeping performance by Oliver F and a return to action for Nathan B who had missed the previous week's game through illness.

The second set of games saw a narrow defeat for Stuart's side (by the odd goal in three) although Nelson N's first goal for the club in this game meant that every outfield member of the team had managed to get on the score sheet throughout the morning! Lee's team suffered a defeat as once again they struggled to cope with the absence of creativity although the mood was lightened somewhat by a superb individual goal from Andrew C who showed what he can do when he takes a game by the scruff of the neck.

At the sparsely attended post match press conference Lee remarked "when you compare the last set of results against Risborough Rangers Blue with today's set of results you can see a definite improvement. I only wish we had one or two more players available this morning and I think at least two of the games would have been tighter.   My team in particular had a real lesson in adaptability. You cannot play the same style that you play when certain players are playing when those players are not playing. I cannot fault the boys' effort but we need to be a bit more streetwise when we come up against better opposition like we did today. We will become more streetwise as we progress and I have no doubt that you need mornings like this as you make your way up the footballing ladder. Risborough Rangers Blue are at the top of that ladder as far as the Blue Division is concerned and I think over the last two months we have climbed a few rungs closer to them. Hopefully we will meet them again before the season ends and show yet even more improvement.

I cannot praise Stuart's team enough, they always perform well when Stuart takes them and that is testament to his ability as a manager and a coach. All players got themselves on the score sheet today and they only conceded three goals in a hour of football which is fantastic. Kaelin S has become something of a goal machine this season whilst Harry G's influence on the side is priceless. Add to that Jacob O scoring with a header, Igor C having the confidence to take on virtually the whole of the opposition to score and Nelson N opening his Ducks account they can be pleased with their morning's work."   The boys round off 2013 with a home game against Chalfont St Peter on Sunday and it is hoped that as many of the squad as possible will be available to celebrate a fine 2013 at McDonalds afterwards!

U14 - Aylesbury United 1-0 Chesham United Rangers
It was a solid, grafting performance with a few splashes of skill that saw Aylesbury run out 1-0 winners against Chesham.

On a lovely day for football, clear skies and wet surface, Aylesbury finally ended their run of poor form which has seen them defeated in their last 4 games. An all the more satisfying result as it was the first time in 4 attempts that we have actually managed to beat them.

In the first 5 minutes there was sustained pressure from the home team, probing down the left, then the right and through the middle. The vistors struggling to get the ball into the hosts half. No clear cut chances just a couple of raking shots from distance from man of the match Jonathon. An epic run from box to box with the ball by Jonathon resulted in the first of many corners for Aylesbury. The games started to get a bit congested in the middle with neither team making much headway until a corner in the 14 minute saw a Jonathon header cleared off the line.

Jonathon and Thomas were battling hard in the middle trying to make something happen and keeping their opponents pushed back. It was pleasing to see Joel surging forward on the overlap on 25 minutes taking a pass from Adam. After asking all season maybe the message it getting through to the full backs. Push on. With half time approaching Aylesbury were given a let off when a rare Chesham attack resulted in a cross from the right. The ball floated over to their striker who endeavoured to get under the ball and lift it over the bar from 3 yards out. Phew!

The breakthrough came right on half time. When the ball broke to Ryan W he managed to feed Connor who popped up in his more familiar right wing role. Despite the defender having a little nibble at his ankles he stayed on his feet, made it to the by line and pulled it back to Thomas who slotted home at the near post.

Half time

After a subdued first half the second started with a flurry of chances. Beginning with a throw in that for once didn’t go forward, the ball was moved around the defence, though the midfield, across from the right and found Sean Flower on the edge of the area. With a lovely turn he sent his man off in the wrong direction and squared to Ryan W. In the post match interview Ryan defended his attempt saying he doesn’t have a right foot. Poor effort.

A minute later Ryan found himself in space on the left wing and using the only foot he has drilled a fierce shot towards the top corner only to see it beaten around by the keeper for a corner. Jonathon had another header cleared off the line from the resulting corner. Two minutes later we were going forward again. Thomas fed Adam in the middle who looked up and weighted a lovely through ball to Connor. He burst through, teed up his shot . Wide. This was going to be the story of the second half. Aylesbury prolificacy was the order of the day. As the second half wore on and the Aylesbury chances came and went without troubling the scorer, the fans on the touchline became restless. Surely it was only a matter of time before we gifted Chesham a goal. As Aylesbury became anxious and Chesham became riled there were a few niggling tackles. Chesham pushed forward without ever really creating any chances. As they pushed men forward Aylesbury were catching them on the break. More corners won. More Jonathon headers in on goal. Dannie managed to get on the end of one corner after a darting run from the corner of the penalty area. The ball to the near post took a deflection, Dannie got his head/face to the ball and agonised as it went into the side netting.

Then in the 73rd minute came a moment of controversy and what we’d been dreading – Chesham had the ball in the back of our net from a corner. The ref signalled a goal and Aylesbury players finally showed some passion surrounding the referee. Tony the saviour flagged the ref, informing him the player had handled the ball into the net. Freekick.

Fulltime 1-0. Job done. A pleasing clean sheet having conceding so many this season, even when winning. Well done boys. Let’s see the same level of performance again next week.

U16 - Aylesbury United 4-3 Beaconsfield Holtspur United
What a delight it is to write a match report after we have won, it's been a long time coming and well deserved.

We started off playing the way we finished last week against Chalfont Saints Athletic, full of confidence, something that has been missing since the start of the season. The passing drills in training yesterday certainly paid off, we were zipping the ball all over the field, mostly to feet, and used the channels really well. Robin started off the scoring with a well taken goal, everything he hits at the moment seems to go in. We continued to dominate, with our well organised defence keeping Beaconsfield at arms length. We had further chances to score with Alessio going close then hitting the post, an Alex close range header which hit the keeper and Robin shooting just over. Alessio did take one of his chances to make it 2-0 before Beaconsfield made it 2-1 with 5 minutes to go to half time. Ryan then turned a shot round the post before Robin scored his second to make it 3-1 at half time. The half time talk was easy, just keep playing the way you are and think the score is 0-0.

Beaconsfield came out all guns blazing in the second half, scoring with a shot from outside the area, which we should have closed down, then from a well taken free kick which flew with the wind into the top corner. Beaconsfield were on top at this moment and we needed to quickly get our shape and composure back. If this had happened earlier in the season our heads would have dropped, but not today. We continued to press creating further chances before Joshua thundered in a shot from 25 yards to make it 4-3. This proved to be the winning goal, what a confidence booster for the whole team. This win has been a long time coming and I think we have now turned the corner with all the hard work in training paying off. The team now knows what it feels like to win, lets continue that feeling next week with our last match before the Christmas break.

A great performance, a very well done lads.


Kit sponsors required for U11s

Tuesday 10 December 2013 - 12:31 pm | Added by: James Byrne to Club News, Juniors | |

Our U11's current kit is looking a bit worse for wear so we are on the lookout for a local company generous enough to sponsor them. For as little as £250 you could make a massive difference to the team.

If you or someone you know works for a company that would be interested in taking up any of these opportunities then please email

In exchange for your generosity, the club would:

  • Put your company name and / or logo on the items purchased
  • Put your company name, logo, website address, phone number and any other relevant information on our website which receives over 1,600 unique visitors every month
  • Supply you with a photograph of the team wearing the sponsored items
  • Put your company logo in the programme as a club sponsor for our annual tournament which is attended by approx 3,000 people over two days
  • Put your company logo in our end of season presentation programme as a club sponsor
  • You will also be welcome to attend our tournament and presentation event to advertise your company. We will also be willing to discuss you potentially selling items and are open to other suggestions of anything else you want to do

Division One Central Roundup

Saturday 07 December 2013 - 10:55 pm | Added by: Admin to Calor League, Club News | | Used tags: ,

Nathan Frater's late winner for Dunstable Town ensured the Blues maintained their three-point gap at the top of the table with a 2-1 win over Chertsey Town. Daniel Alderton had given the second-bottom team a shock lead, but recently returned defender Danny Ryan levelled before the break and Frater won it eight minutes from time.

Rugby Town scored two second half goals to win 2-0 at Chalfont St. Peter and remain second in the table, with Barton Rovers, winnning by the same scoreline at home to bottom of the league Ashford Town (Mx), still in third.

Not far behind, Slough Town, Northwood and Daventry Town all lost ground.

After losing 3-2 at Dunstable on Tuesday, Slough suffered a second defeat of the week with a 2-1 home defeat by AFC Hayes where Ben Edwards had equalised Hayes's first half opener, only for the visitors to score the winner a minute later from the penalty spot.

Northwood were held to a 1-1 home draw by ten-man Aylesbury United, and Daventry Town also had to share the points in a 1-1 draw at St. Ives Town, though it took Luke Keen coming from the bench to level seven minutes from time.

Dubi Ogbonna's hat-trick for Kettering Town took his tally to six in three games since joining the Poppies, edging his side up to sixth in the league with a 3-1 win at Aylesbury FC, who remain without a league win since September.

Returning to winning ways were Royston Town, whose Kaan Fehmi scored twice in the first half on the way to a 2-1 win at Leighton Town, as were Egham Town who beat Marlow, themselves now without a league win in three games, 4-2 at Oak Tree Road courtesy of another brace from Ryan O'Toole.

Beaconsfield SYCOB came from behind to win at near neighbours Uxbridge, where an own goal had given Uxbridge a 25th minute lead, but the visitors scored goals from James McCluskey, Jon-Jo Bates and Kofi Lockhardt-Adams to win 3-1.

Lastly, North Greenford United's long wait for a league win goes on, but they took their second successive point with a 1-1 draw at Potters Bar Town.

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances


10-Man Ducks Draw

Saturday 07 December 2013 - 4:58 pm | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | | Used tags: , ,

Another battling display from Aylesbury gained them a successive 1-1 league draw, as the Ducks shared the points at Northwood.

The Woods went ahead after just eleven minutes when the in form Dave Lawrence fired home Nico Muir's cut back.

Jason Blackett scored early in the second half to level the game, but was later dismissed leaving United to play twenty minutes a man behind.

The depleted Ducks defended superbly though and even had chances to nick a win on the break, but a draw was a fair reflection of the game.

» Match report


Youth & Mini Teams Roundup

Friday 06 December 2013 - 3:01 pm | Added by: James Byrne to Club News, Juniors | |

U9 - Aylesbury United v Pitstone & Ivinghoe
U10 - Beaconsfield Holtspur v Aylesbury United Juniors
U11 - Bourne End JSC Colts v Aylesbury United Juniors
U14 Youth - Widmer End United 3-3 Aylesbury United Youth
U16 - Aylesbury United Juniors 2-2 Chalfont Saints Athletic
U18 - Aylesbury United 5-2 Wycombe Town AFC

U9 - Aylesbury United v Pitstone & Ivinghoe - U9's continue unbeaten run
The U9's continue to improve and remain unbeaten for the 3rd week running.

Leon’s Team Match Report by Ian Sharp

Gk: Ted, Defence: Zico, Charlie B, Kyle, James Midfield: Oliver, Callum S, Sam Striker: Ben

Match 1 The match kicked off and quickly settled into a nervous and tense affair. Ted was soon called into action to make a good save. The defence were again resilient with a goal mouth scramble that somehow saw Zico, Charlie and Kyle all involved to get the ball away to safety when a goal for Pitstone looked a certainty. Aylesbury then forced a corner which Ben took that unfortunately Aylesbury were unable to convert. The first half ended 0 – 0 with little to choose between the teams. The second half kicked off with Aylesbury starting to take control and carve out some half chances. At the other end Ted was again called into action and saved everything that Pitstone could throw at him. As the game opened up Aylesbury were making good progress down the right flank when a cross from Oliver found Callum who with excellent maturity hit a shot first time which found the bottom corner of the Pitstone net. 1 – 0 to Aylesbury. The goal gave Aylesbury renewed confidence and they continued to attack. Ben took a great pass from Oliver and as he ran on goal was unlucky to hit the post as the keeper came out to narrow the angle. Further Aylesbury pressure saw Oliver sending a shot goal ward which took a deflection and landed at the feet of Charlie who expertly lashed the ball into the back of the Pitstone net. 2-0 to Aylesbury. The next action of the half was met with the final whistle. Another excellent hard fought win. Well done boys.

Match 2 The second match took a similar path to that of the first with both teams trying hard to pass the ball and create opportunities. Aylesbury forced a corner which Ben took. The ball broke and Zico fired in a good shot which the Pitstone keeper was able to scramble away. At the other end Aylesbury were defending well with the change of personnel which saw James come in. As Pitstone piled on the pressure Ted was again called into action with a fine double save to keep the Aylesbury goal intact. The half ended 0 – 0 will little to choose between the two teams. From the restart Aylesbury started to get hold of the ball and Sam managed a powerful shot from outside the box which unfortunately missed the target. Further Pitstone pressure again saw Ted called into action. Sam managed a further shot that was again off target but Aylesbury were certainly trying hard to get the elusive first goal. Indeed another pass from Oliver found Ben and a great cross from him saw another chance missed as no one was able to finish off a fine passing move.  The game ended 0 - 0 largely thanks to a fine man of the match performance from Ted in the Aylesbury net.

Ben’s Team Match Report by Mark Webber

Gk: Iuean, Defence: Callum A, Charlie T, Scott Midfield: Ethan, Ryan, Tomas Striker: Yannis

The return match against Pitstone started slowly, but soon gathered pace. With Callum and Charlie mainly at the back the two results was built on rock solid defence. With a deadly smile on his face, Charlie didn't miss a tackle all day and Callum cleaned up any loose balls and set our attack on their way. A good strong tackle from Callum set up one goal to cap a fine display.

Ieuan had another quiet day, wisely directing his defence to try to preserve his clean sheet, and having safe hands when required. He made a vital save at 0-0 to keep his team in it, and enabled us to go on to the win.

The energetic Ethan kept running all day and could possibly teach his dad a thing or two! Constantly sprinting down one wing or the other. With one particular solo effort starting in front of our penalty box, all the way down the sideline, ending up with a powerful shot and deserved goal. Still needs to work on his celebration though!!

Yannis stayed on the last defender's shoulder all day and calmly collected 5 goals. Lethal is the only word to describe our little front man, and it is reassuring to know we have an assassin up front.

Tomas and Scott were both effective in midfield, breaking up attack after attack. Tomas had several marauding runs through the middle, crunching through tackles. And after a brief stint in defence, Scott moved into midfield for part of the second match and scored his first goal of the season after finding space at a corner and slotting home.

And finally Ryan, our left footed magician. "The next Ryan Giggs" was being shouted from the terraces. A constant threat, keeping the defence under pressure and shooting whenever possible. One thunderous shot winded one of the opposition but Ryan kept going and got his goal.

U10 - Beaconsfield Holtspur vs Aylesbury United Juniors - Depleted Ducks Maintain Good Form
The U10s completed their away fixtures for the calendar year with a trip to Beaconsfield Holtspur on Sunday morning

The illness jinx that has bugged the squad in recent times continued with 5 absentees this morning meaning that we only travelled with 13 players which forced us to field one team of 7 players and one team of 6.

The team of 7 was managed by Helder and consisted of Toby C (GK), Igor C, Harry G, Kaelin S, Aqib Z, Charlie D and Jack R whilst the team of 6 was managed by Lee and consisted of Oliver F (GK), Josh H, Andrew C, Elliott B, Ben P and Josh C.

In all truthfulness the two squads were evenly matched throughout and all four games could have gone either way. Helder's team's first game saw the visitors record a narrow victory whilst their second game saw both teams score a goal a piece and share the spoils with the young ducks having the lead until the very last knockings of the game. Kaelin S continued his fine recent goal scoring form in this match.

Lee's team narrowly edged their first game by the odd goal in 5 thanks to goals from Josh H, Andrew C and Josh C and more excellent goalkeeping from Oliver F whilst their second game saw us defeated by the only goal of the game although we did rattle the crossbar through Andrew C in the second half as lady luck decided not to be on our side for possibly the first time this season.

Manager Lee's thoughts on the game were as follows "I think the demands of the first half of the season are starting to catch up with us and we are all in need of the forthcoming Christmas break. In the second game my team played the boys seemed tired and whilst they seemed alert mentally they were suffering from heavy legs which is understandable given we have had a game a week since the middle of September (apart from half term) which when also taking into account the boys' commitments to both their schooling and other extra curricular activities means they have been very busy. I don't want to be seen to be making excuses but it is easy to forget we are only dealing with 9/10 year old players here.

That having been I remain impressed by the progress made across the squad, especially in the team managed by Helder today where I have tried to give greater responsibility to players like Kaelin S, Charlie D, Harry G and Igor C as I know they are capable of taking this responsibility on and they are all well on the way to becoming fantastic footballers. Aqib Z has been the find of the season so far for me, his man of the match performance today shows how quickly he has adapted to the holding midfield role he has played since joining us in the summer.   My two goalkeepers - Oliver F and Toby C are improving week on week and are gaining more and more confidence as a result and we all know that if you are playing in a position that involves throwing yourselves at people's feet the one thing you need is confidence. To have the luxury of two players so keen to take on the role of goalkeeper and learn the trade of a goalkeeper is something I have not previously experienced in my time with the club.   We have players experiencing their first season of regular football like Ben P and Jack R who are both learning more about the art of defending as each week passes. Jack has drawn praise for his continued improvement over recent weeks whilst Ben is without doubt one of the toughest tacklers in the squad and a real asset to us as a result.

Players like Andrew C, Josh H and Elliott B bring so much creativity to our squad and may grab the headlines with their goal scoring exploits but such players are always reliant on having a strong team behind them as this enables them to express themselves. Josh C has already matched his best goal scoring season for the club (8 goals) with still over half a season to play and being his Dad I am his harshest critic as he learns to play as a forward rather than a striker.

This is not to mention of the 5 players we were missing today - Edward K, George R, Jacob O (who came to watch us despite being under Drs orders not to play - outstanding commitment), Nathan B and Nelson who all bring their own qualities to the squad and I hope will be available for selection again in the coming weeks.   I find myself almost wishing the second half of the season away as I am really looking forward to taking this squad onto nine a side football next season as after two years of hard work, commitment and quite a few ups and downs we have the makings of a special squad - there is however only so much I can do to make this happen, the majority of it will be down to the boys and I know the achievements of the last 12 months are only the beginning'.

The U10s round off 2014 with home games against Risborough Rangers Blue (this coming Sunday) and Chalfont St Peter (Sunday 15th December).

U11 - Bourne End JSC Colts v Aylesbury United Juniors - U11's travelled to Bourne End and it was a great success
A squad of 10 turned up at Bourne End and the starting line up was 2-2-2 plus two wing backs

A great start and the momentum to half time saw Aylesbury have a commanding lead and just as importantly a clean sheet. Second half was a much closer affair and Bourne End edged it slightly.   Three goal scorers and good passing moves showed Aylesbury are growing in confidence and ideas.

Simple ideas dont need changing and in particular corners. Stick to the game plan - fewer bodies in the box gives more space to attack the ball. players push up outside the area forcing defending players to come out of the area to mark.   Man of the match Alex was instrumental in Aylesbury keeping the score line to a minimum. Anything past him and he had the determination to track back and make an important challenge. Anything in front of him and he was winning the ball cleanly, dribbling the ball beyond the half way line and passing forward.   Dylan in goal was a statue in the first half with nothing coming his way. second half though was a different story and he was the busiest player on the pitch making some terrific saves.

Josh B (Jonny 2nd half) supported in the centre of defence and Matt and Bradley played centre midfield. Good interplay with the wing backs - Thomas and Aaron meant we had good options in possession of the ball and pushed forward very well.   Quality football from the front two Josh L and Jamie H, gave us good opportunities in front of goal.

one key highlight was the ball played up to the feet of Jamie H, who turned well and dribbled in the area, only for the defender to bring him down for a penalty. Bradley scored from the spot and it was a good team goal.   The emphasis I put on the players before the match was to switch the play - move right with the ball to pass left and left to go right. Good diagonal passes with depth. This unlocks defences by stretching them out of position and creating space for us to exploit.

Two more games (both at home) before we have a well earned Christmas break.

U16 - Aylesbury United Juniors 2-2 Chalfont Saints Athletic
A much easier match report to write from todays game. We played in our new green and white kit, may be that made a difference, I know something had. From the first whistle we were up for it, Chalfont created some half chances while we had 2 clear chances to score ourselves. Chalfont's main threat came from balls over the top, which we dealt with very well all game, where we struggled a bit was midfield, we left too many gaps allowing Chalfont to play. A ball down our right was crossed in, we didn't deal with it and Chalfont forced it over the line to go 1-0 up, a sloppy goal to give away. In days gone by our heads would have dropped, but not today. That was how it stayed till half time and we were still in the game.

The second half we started of the way we finished the first, creating chances while continuing to defend well. We went 2 up front and it paid off with Robin hitting a screamer, curling it into the top left hand corner after cutting in from the right hand side. 1-1 and we were back in this game. With only a couple of minutes left on the clock we attacked again, Robin had a one on one and he coolly chipped it over the oncoming keeper. This set up a nerve racking end, Chalfont went guns blazing from the restart and from a free kick managed to scrape the ball into the net to make it 2-2. From the restart the ref blew his whistle, a gut wrenching end when we had just got our noses in front. All in all I think a drawer was a fair result, a win would have flattered us a bit, but having said that it would have been a just reward for some earlier performances in the season. Many positives to take out of this game into next week against Holtspur, if we play like we played today we will have a great chance.


Northwood Match Preview

Thursday 05 December 2013 - 12:59 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

Aylesbury United are in away action this weekend, as they travel to Northwood in the Calor League Division One Central. Read our match preview now.

» Match preview


Division One Central Midweek Roundup

Tuesday 03 December 2013 - 10:18 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, Calor League | |

Top billing of the midweek Calor League Division One Central action was at Creasey Park, where league leaders Dunstable Town hosted another in form side, fourth placed Slough Town.

The hosts had to come from behind after the visitors took a first half lead, but with top scorer Lee Roache on the scoresheet put themselves 3-1 up only for Slough to pull a goal back three minutes later, but the Rebels reduction to nine-men hampered their cause.

Second placed side Rugby Town salvaged a point with a last minute goal to draw 1-1 at Egham Town. A depleted Valley had fallen behind to Ryan O'Toole's 44th minute opener, and are now three points behind Dunstable in the table as a result.

Kettering Town's new signing Dubi Ogbonna scored a brace to take his tally to three goals in two games since joining from St Ives Town, as he helped the Poppies to a 3-1 win at Marlow, with another recent signing, loanee Deqwon Ebanks, also on target.

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances


Fixtures Arranged

Tuesday 03 December 2013 - 10:36 am | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

Two new home fixtures have been arranged for January 2014.

In the Calor League Division One Central, Aylesbury United will face Daventry Town on Wednesday 29th January 2014.

Chesham United will visit in the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup Semi Final a week earlier on Wednesday 22nd January 2014.

Both matches will kick off at Bell Close at 7.45pm.


Division One Central Roundup

Sunday 01 December 2013 - 1:03 pm | Added by: Admin to Calor League, Club News | | Used tags: ,

With previous leaders Barton Rovers drawing 1-1 at Aylesbury United, Dunstable Town took over at the top of the table, as Lee Roache's double secured a 2-0 win at AFC Hayes and an eigth straight league victory for the Blues. Roache is now the league's joint leading scorer on 13.

As Rugby Town were also victorious - beating Aylesbury's next opponents, fifth placed Northwood, 4-2 at home - Barton are now third and Rugby second. Mitchell Piggon came off the bench to score twice for Town in what was Northwood's first loss after eight league games unbeaten.

Slough Town extended their winning run to six in all competitions with a 1-0 win at out of form Royston Town, Warren Harris scoring the decisive goal after just five minutes.

In eigth place are St Ives Town, who came from behind to win 2-1 at Egham Town. Reis Stanislaus had the Sarnies ahead at the break with a 34th minute goal, but St Ives struck back through Karl Gibbs and a Will Fordham free kick fifteen minutes from time.

Also winning 2-1 away from home were Potters Bar Town, at Chertsey Town, with Scholars' new manager Jack Friend now having won four out of four games in charge.

Kettering Town's Jake Newman's goal a minute from time denied Uxbridge a share of the spoils at Latimer Park, as the Poppies won 2-1. Striker Dubi Ogbonna scored on his Kettering debut after signing from St Ives in the week, but defender Chris Paterson - on-loan from Basingstoke Town - looked to have salvaged a point with an 86th minute goal, only for Newman's late winner.

Looking down the league, Chalfont St. Peter further eased their relegation fears with back to back wins, beating basement club Ashford Town (Mx) 1-0 away, with a Scott Fitzgerald first half goal deciding the game.

Leighton Town reached the 15 point mark as they held Beaconsfield SYCOB - ahead after just ten minutes through Kofi Lockhardt-Adams - to a 1-1 draw, courtesy of Ben Gallant's leveller in the 80th minute.

Finally, there was nothing to separate third and fourth bottom sides as North Greenford United and Aylesbury FC drew 0-0, although the Moles were at least able to celebrate an end to their nine-game losing streak.

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances

FA Trophy

Division One Central's only remaining representative in the competition, Daventry Town, went out to a 1-0 defeat at home to Skrill South side Maidenhead United in the First Round proper.