Aylesbury United News Story

Premier Division Review - 14th August 2012

Tuesday 14 August 2012 - 10:22 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | One comment |

Dunstable Town maintained their early lead with a second win from two games following tonight’s Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division fixtures.

The Blues followed up on Saturday’s 3-0 win at London Tigers with another away win, this time a 3-2 victory at newly promoted Ampthill Town, where they came from behind to eventually win having trailed 2-1 at the break – Lee Roache netting twice in the second half.

In second place are Oxhey Jets, who scored three goals in each half to thump Hatfield Town 6-1 at the Gosling Sports Park. Hatfield had lead the match, but only for the solitary minute, and will now be hoping it won’t be another miserable season having finished the last one bottom and only reprieved from relegation on the eve of the new campaign.

Another side blazing the goal trail are Hadley who hit another of last season’s strugglers Holmer Green with a 5-1 defeat on their own turf. Nick Chrysanthou, Dan Quattromoni and Dom Petrucci were all regular scorers at the back end of last season and found the target for Hadley again, along with new signing Josh Noyes who hit a brace.

The other of last season’s promoted sides, London Colney, secured a win with a 1-0 result at another of the relegation-reprieved sides, Hanwell Town. Matt Newman, London Colney’s top scorer last time out, struck the only goal of the game in the 26th minute.

Also winning away from home were Leverstock Green, much changed after managerial departure and a mass exodus of players, but they won their opener 3-1 at Colney Heath courtesy of two late goals. One of the few remaining players from last season, Adam Hallissey, had given Green a 51st minute lead, before an own goal leveller 20 minutes later. But up stepped Ben Gill and returning midfielder Jon Davies with efforts in the last 2 minutes of the game to take all three points.

Biggest crowd of the night – 120 - could be found at Harefield United where another side who have undergone massive personnel changes over the summer hosted Tring Athletic, and were only denied a win by a stoppage time Tony Fields goal. New signing Joe Hatcher hit the Hares’ opener.

Finally, Haringey Borough, dumped out of the FA Cup by AFC Kempston Rovers on the Saturday, bounced back to inflict a second league defeat in two games on London Tigers. Veteran Darrell Cox and Roland Namquita put Borough two up before an injury time ‘consolation’ from the visitors’ Kye Hendrix.


One comment

One or more comments are waiting for approval by an editor.