The Evo-Stik League South

Aylesbury United News Story

FA Cup Roundup

Saturday 14 September 2013 - 10:50 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News | One comment | Used tags: ,

Fourteen ties involving Calor League Division One Central clubs took place this afternoon.

The biggest surprise of the day came at the Meadow, where a last minute Adrian Cambridge goal gave Royston Town a 2-1 win at Premier Division Chesham United. Ex-Duck Drew Roberts had given The Generals an early lead, but that was cancelled out just before half time by hitman Robbie Mason before Cambridge’s last winner.

Corby Town also sprung a shock, beating higher-leagued Barwell (Northern Premier League Premier Division) 3-0 at Steel Park where Paul Malone, Tom Berwick and Josh Moreman gave new joint managers Andrew Wilson and Tommy Wright a dream start.

Late drama at Earlsmead saw Ryman League Harrow Borough pegged back to a 2-2 draw by North Greenford United, having seemingly scored an 87th minute winner only for Daniel Bennell to score in the 90th and send the tie to a replay.

There were also late goals as two Division One Central sides met at Honeycroft, with Uxbridge losing out to two goals in the last three minutes from Barton’s Ricky Case giving the visitors a 3-2 win.

In Northamptonshire, Daventry Town kept up their 100% start to the season with an eighth straight win, easily seeing off Spartan South Midlands side Berkhamsted, with Mykel Beckley netting a brace.

Also hitting six were Dunstable Town, whose Lee Roache struck four times as they defeated Hertford Town, SSML rivals of last season, 6-0.

Another side progressing away from home were Rugby Town, who put two heavy league defeats behind them to win 2-1 at Northern League side Nantwich Town, where two late goals from Seb Lake-Gaskin and Sam Youngs turned the match around.

Aylesbury FC were left stunned at home by Division One South & West counterparts Shortwood United, who were 3-0 up in just eight minutes at Haywood Way, 4-0 by half-time, and 5-1 at full time, with Matthew Bennett scoring twice.

Beaconsfield SYCOB were beaten at home by Premier Division and local rivals Burnham 2-4, despite twice leading through Zak Joseph and Bilal Butt, only for two goals in two second half minutes helping the visitors to their eventual win.

Chalfont St. Peter were held to a 0-0 home draw by Meropolitan Police, whilst also requiring a replay are Aylesbury United who drew 1-1 at Combined Counties League outfit Westfield, but out of the competition are Ashford Town (Mx) who lost 4-2 having made the short journey to Hampton & Richmond Borough.

Chertsey Town secured their biggest win of the season by beating Highmoor-IBIS of the Hellenic League 4-0 with goals from Ryan Blake, Andrew White, Tom O’Regan and Daniel Alderton, as did St Ives where Dubi Ogbonna hit a hattrick as his side beat Dereham Town 4-1.

Meanwhile, in the day’s only league game, AFC Hayes got back to winning ways after four defeats with a 3-0 victory at Marlow.


One comment

One or more comments are waiting for approval by an editor.