Aylesbury United News Story

Division One Central Midweek Roundup

Thursday 14 August 2014 - 08:22 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | | Used tags: ,

As one of only two teams to have won their opening two fixtures, Kettering Town top the Southern League Division Once Central table after crushing Northwood 5-0 at Latimer Park, with Dubi Ogbonna taking just over half an hour to score a hat-trick, Andrew Gooding and Alfie Taylor also on target.

The other side on six points are Bedworth United, who secured an impressive 3-1 win over Royston Town at Garden Walk. Danny Dubidat gave the Greenbacks a 15th minute lead, cancelled out shortly before half time by Jack Bradshaw, but second half goals from summer signing Alex Naughton - two in two for him - and Aaron Bains completed a result Royston manager Steve Castle labelled a 'wake up call' in the aftermath.

Having lost a nine goal thriller at the weekend, Barton Rovers were this time on the positive end of another action packed seven goal encounter, as they beat Godalming Town 4-3 at Sharpenhoe Road for new management team Wes Byrne and Richard Wilmot's first three points.

The hosts let a 3-1 interval lead slip as they were pegged back to 3-3 on the hour mark, but just a minute later Ricky Young scored his second of the game to secure the win for his new side.

Lewis Putman scored twice as two late goals - a penalty from him and one from Harry Walker - gave reigning Spartan South Midlands League Champions Hanwell Town their first Southern League win for eight years as they won 3-1 at Uxbridge.

Daventry Town are also on four points after they staged a second half fightback to draw 2-2 with St Ives Town, having trailed by two goals at the break - Josh O'Grady's superb strike rescuing the hosts two minutes from time.

Also recovering a two-goal deficit were Aylesbury FC, who recovered from conceding twice in the opening 18 minutes to Terrell Lewis and Daniel Hughes strikes, with Danny Burnell pulling one back just past the half hour and Kyle Anthony levelling in the second half.

On a night of comebacks, Potters Bar Town and Rugby Town also both came from behind to claim home victories - 2-1 against North Greenford United and 3-2 over Bedford Town respectively.

The Scholars, despite being reduced to ten men, cancelled out Andrew Manitou's 4th minute opener with two goals in the final six minutes through Evandro Delgado and Josh Hutchinson, whilst last season's top scorer, hitman David Kolodynski, got his season up and running with a second half goal as part of Rugby's win.

Aaron Berry's 9th minute goal was enough to give Beaconsfield SYCOB's new manager Naseem Bashir a 1-0 win at AFC Hayes, whilst, finally, Marlow and Leighton Town played out a 0-0 draw to give the Reds' new boss Craig Bicknell his second point from two games.

In the only Wednesday night match, Aylesbury United twice came from behind to beat Egham Town 4-2 - with Zack Reynolds scoring a second half hat-trick.

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances