The Evo-Stik League South

Aylesbury United News Story

Division One Central/FA Cup Roundup

Saturday 11 October 2014 - 8:51 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | |

League leaders Kettering Town lost ground at the top of the table with a 1-0 home defeat to in-form Uxbridge, with Craig Tomkins scoring the decisive goal just before the interval to give Tony Choules's side a fourth straight league win.

Potters Bar Town moved up to second with a 4-2 win over Beaconsfield SYCOB, a side at the opposite end of both the league and form table - now rooted to the bottom having suffered a third straight defeat. James Ewington, having scored five against Chalfont St. Peter in midweek, was on the scoresheet again for the Scholars.

Up to third are Hanwell Town, who inflicted a heaviest defeat of the season - 4-1 - on Royston Town, league top scorer Lewis Putman netting his first hat-trick of the campaign to take his tally to thirteen.

Just behind Putman in the scorer's chart is Daniel Dubidat on eleven, as his side, Bedworth United, are just behind Hanwell Town in the table. Dubidat's hat-trick helped the Greenbacks to a 4-0 win against another out of form team, Aylesbury United.

Godalming Town made it four games unbeaten, as they condemned Leighton Town to a 4-0 defeat at Bell Close, former Aylesbury defender Dan Hart scoring an own goal as the Reds were unable to build on their 4-1 midweek win over AFC Hayes.

Also securing a big win away from home were Bedford Town, who won for only the second time in eleven matches and condemned the Moles to a third straight defeat, the Eagles claiming a 5-1 victory at Haywood Way.

Egham Town's new manager Luke Muldowney extended his winning start to two games, as two goals from top scorer Reis Stanislaus helped the Sarnies to a 3-0 win at Marlow, and climb two places to seventh in the league.

At the bottom of the table, AFC Hayes claimed another important point, to move two points clear of bottom place, as an 86th minute penalty from Tobi Akinjirin salvaged a 2-2 draw after Ismael Ehui's two goals had earlier put Northwood 2-0 ahead.

Lastly, there was another 2-2 draw at Butlin Road, as Rugby Town twice let a lead slip against St Ives Town. David Kolodynski's 12th minute opener was cancelled out by Ben Seymour-Shove ten minutes later, before Seb Lake-Gaskin scored after 70 minutes only for the Saints to come back again through Jordan Lambert.

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances

The last two remaining Southern League Division One Central representatives, Barton Rovers and Chalfont St. Peter, were both knocked out of the competition.

Barton Rovers went down to a 1-0 home defeat against Ryman League outfit Canvey Island, whilst Chalfont were beaten 4-1 at Southern League Division One South & West side Evesham United, despite taking a sixth minute lead through Remmell Clarke.