The Evo-Stik League South

Aylesbury United News Story

Division One Central Roundup

Saturday 21 March 2015 - 7:52 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: ,

Striker David Kolodynski's 73rd minute goal secured league leaders Kettering Town a 12th match unbeaten, but they were held to a 2-2 draw in a topsy turvy game at Uxbridge. Elliot Sandy had given the Poppies an early lead, only for defender Mitchell Wiseman and then Matt Woods giving the hosts the lead on the hour mark before Kolodynski's leveller. 

Just below in the table, there were a number of intriguing match ups as the race for the playoffs enters its final stages.

At Haywood Way, third placed Aylesbury FC hosted second placed Bedworth United, and despite the Moles being reduced to ten men goals from ex-Duck Aston Goss, Brian Haule and Brad Wadkins completed a 3-0 win that saw the sides switch positions in the league.

With a fifth straight win Royston Town are now up to fourth as they came from behind to secure an important, and late, win against Hanwell Town - with Kaan Fehmi netting the winner in the 86th minute.

Meanwhile two other playoff hopefuls met at Butlin Road, but there was nothing to separate Rugby Town and Barton Rovers as the two played out a goalless draw.

At the wrong end of the table, the bottom two sides both secured 1-1 away draws to move a little close to the pack. Basement side North Greenford United drew 1-1 at inconsistent Aylesbury United, whilst 21st AFC Hayes drew 1-1 at 19th placed Bedford Town.

It means third-bottom Leighton Town can't relax yet, the Reds thrashed 4-0 at another up and down side - St Ives Town.

Also winning by four were Egham Town, who were able to build on their midweek win at North Greenford United by completing a 4-0 win at Daventry Town. Brendan Matthew opened the scoring after just three minutes, before striker Danny Bassett - recently signed from Staines Town - netted a hat-trick to move the Sarnies into the top half.

Whilst Kettering are on a 12-match unbeaten run, Chalfont St. Peter made it 12-matches without a win as they went down to a 2-1 defeat at Godalming Town, Tom Willment and George Frith scoring either side of Tony Mendy's effort - his second goal in two games since joining the Saints to no avail.

At Potters Bar Town, Bedford Town put their reported off-field worries to one side as they ended Scholar's caretaker manager Steve Ringrose's unbeaten start to life in charge with two late, late goals. Josh Oyinsan had given the hosts the lead on the quarter hour mark, only for the Eagles to win it with 86th and 92nd minute goals from Curtis Shaw and Paul Cooper respectively.

Northwood were also winners away from home, two Ismael Ehui goals giving them a 2-0 win at Marlow and making it three games unbeaten for Mark Burgess' side. 

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances