The Evo-Stik League South

Aylesbury United News Story

Division One Central Midweek Roundup

Tuesday 11 August 2015 - 10:12 pm | Added by: Admin to Club News, First Team | | Used tags: , ,

After the first midweek games of the new Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central season, Northwood and Chalfont St. Peter are the only sides to have a record of played: two, won: two as they completed a 1-0 away victory at North Greenford United, Robbie Hastings scoring the decisive goal on 52 minutes.

There was a thriller at Mill Meadow, as Chalfont scored in stoppage time to edge a seven-goal thriller against Aylesbury FC. Adam Louth gave Saints an early lead, before Lynton Goss and then Brian Haule scored to put the visitors into a lead that only lasted seven minutes before Tony Mendy drew Chalfont level.

Gareth Price then put the Moles ahead at 3-2, but there was more drama to follow as substitute Victor Osobu - who had started the season with Ware before joining Saints this week - scored in the 85th and 92nd minutes to send the three points to South Bucks.

At the wrong end of the table, and with no points from their first two games, are Arlesey Town and Hanwell Town - losing 0-2 at home to Leighton Town, whose manager Mark Eaton gained his first win in charge, and 3-0 at Egham Town respectively.

After a late goal cost them in defeat to Aylesbury United at the weekend, Potters Bar Town profited from a similarly late strike to take their first win of the campaign - 2-1 at Ware. Ben Bowditch gave the Scholars a 23rd minute lead, but they were pegged back by a first goal in Ware colours for Rod Young, before Jack Lyons - also with his first goal for his new club - scored eight minutes from time.

Having suffered a shock opening day loss to Uxbridge, title-hopefuls Royston Town registered their first campaign of the season in one of three draws of the night, at home to Barton Rovers. Ex-Duck Jason Blackett scored his 2nd goal in 3 games to give Rovers an early lead, but the hosts pulled things back through a Chris Watters second half penalty.

St Ives Town and AFC Rushden & Diamonds shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw to both draw for the second game in a row, as Jack Higgs scored five minutes from the end to salvage a point for Ives after the Diamonds had come from behind to lead 2-1.

Finally, and also with a point each, were Godalming Town and Uxbridge, who both remain unbeaten following their sharing of four goals, although the visiting Middlesex outfit will probably feel they should have won having raced into a 2-0 lead after just nine minutes. 

On Monday evening, two first half goals were enough for Beaconsfield SYCOB to beat newly promoted Kings Langley 2-0 - with Elliot Carey and Lee Togwell both on target.

Division One Central Links: Fixtures & Results | League Table | Top Scorers | Attendances