The Evo-Stik League South

Aylesbury United News Story

FA Cup Roundup

Sunday 13 September 2015 - 09:42 am | Added by: Admin to First Team, Club News | | Used tags: ,

Of the thirteen clubs representing the Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central in the Budweiser FA Cup, only four progressed to the 2nd Qualifying Round in what was largely a disappointing weekend, although a further four are still involved with midweek replays to come.

There were no shocks for those progressing, as AFC Rushden & Diamonds, Hanwell Town, Potters Bar Town and St Ives Town all overcame opposition from the same or a lower level.

Two goals from Dan Quigley helped the Diamonds to a 2-1 win at Combined Counties League Division One side Bedfont & Feltham, whilst Potters Bar put three past Ryman League outfit Haringey Borough without reply. St Ives Town, won 1-0 at Welwyn Garden City, with Joe Peacock netting the winner a minute after half time, whilst Hanwell Town completed the four with a 1-0 home win against Saffron Waldon Town of the Eastern Counties League.

Of the three 0-0 draws recorded, pick of the bunch was Aylesbury FC's, as the Moles held Premier Division side Chesham United in a goalless meaning the sides will meet again at Haywood Way.

Plenty of Aylesbury United connections at Northwood Park - as the side to knock the Ducks out of this year's competition, Northwood, managed by former United player Mark Burgess held Harrow Borough (Ryman Premier - and managed by former Aylesbury assistant manager to Bob Dowie, Dave Anderson) to a 0-0 draw.

The last of the goalless encounters was between North Greenford United and Mildenhall Town.

Also sharing the spoils and needing a replay to decide things were Fleet Town, who salvaged a 1-1 draw at Combined Counties League and Hampshire neighbours Hartley Wintney, courtesy of substitute Ben Toye's 75th minute goal in front of a crowd of nearly 300.

Bedford Town crashed to the biggest defeat of the Division One Central teams knocked out, as they crashed to a 5-1 defeat at Ryman League Division One North outfit Harlow Town, and suffered a third straight defeat in all competitions in the process.

There was an upset at Holloways Park, as Kirkley & Pakefield celebrated their long journey back to Suffolk with a 2-1 win over Beaconsfield SYCOB, the Eastern Counties club netting a 93rd minute winner to complete the job.

Leighton Town and Godalming Town also went out to opposition from a lower level, Mark Eaton's Leighton side twice throwing away a lead given to them with goals from Sansom Alalade and Ben Gallant before losing 3-2 in Northamptonshire at United Counties League side Cogenhoe United, whilst Godalming lost 1-0 at home to Kidlington of the Hellenic League.

The terrible start to the season continues for Arlesey Town, whose only win to date was in the previous round of the FA Cup at Tring Athletic, and they fell to a seventh defeat in nine games by losing 2-0 at Brentwood Town.

Lastly, a Bedfordshire derby saw Barton Rovers take to the field at Dunstable Town, but found the Premier Division side too strong as they lost 2-1 at Creasey Park.